Chapter 1.5

One Great Escapade

Author's Note: (Read to avoid confusion)

This is a special chapter, a filler chapter. This one took place a few weeks/days before the boys got admitted to the mental hospital. I'm going to write special chapters in between the proper chapters. So, expect that there will be chapter 2.5, 3.5, and so on.


Hakyeon's Special Chapter

“The trot singer, Cha Hakyeon, broke his record by creating his 5th issue this week. Last night, the said trot singer was on a special corner of Show Champion. He reacted to his haters and he did not seem to be affected so much. But he surprised the people by cursing his haters for saying that he's ugly.” The annoying voice of the gossip reporter boomed throughout the condominium unit of the infamous trot singer, Cha Hakyeon.

 

Hakyeon did not say anything and just turned off the television and just continued to press on his phone as he was lying down on the couch, not planning to get up any time soon. He kept on typing. What was he doing? You, probably, wouldn't be able to guess what he was doing but he was actually fighting with a person who made a malicious comment on an article about him. Of course, Hakyeon was doing that using another account. He knew that he could just ignore the comment but that stranger just said that he looked ugly so Hakyeon believed that he should defend his case. "You don't know what you're saying, kid. Real men have long necks, okay?!" He said what he was typing out loud. "Is Hakyeon's awesomeness too much for you to handle that's why you're bashing him?" He gritted his teeth as he typed.

 

As if on cue, the doorbell rang. "No one is here!" Hakyeon yelled, feeling too lazy to actually stand up and open the door. "Seriously, people should stop coming. I feel too lazy to move. I want to rest." He mumbled to himself but the doorbell would not stop ringing. Hakyeon groaned. "I'm coming!" He huffed before lazily getting up. After a few slow and lazy steps, he finally reached the door which he opened. "What?" He asked, finding his manager outside. The manager was glaring at Hakyeon. "What did I do again?" Hakyeon asked.

 

The manager let out a frustrated groan. "What did you do again?! I don't know, what did you?" He sarcastically asked.

 

Hakyeon furrowed his eyebrows. "What? So, you came here without even knowing anything? How sweet. I also don't know, why are you asking me? Why don't you go back to the company, ask the CEO, and then, come back here?" He suggested, even nodding his head at his own words. "Nice idea, right?" But that response of him earned him slaps and punches from his manager.

 

"Stupid kid!" The manager hissed, hitting Hakyeon's head. "You don't know what you've done? You caused another issue!" He exclaimed. "How many issues a week are you planning on making? It's the fourth one this week!"

 

"Actually, it's the fifth one." Hakyeon corrected, earning himself more injury as his manager hit him once again.

 

The manager was obviously fuming mad. Who wouldn't? A celebrity must protect his image at all times yet to Hakyeon, everything seemed to be just a child's play. It was like that boy was living in a world of jokes. "How dare you correct me, you punk? Is it something to be proud of? Are you proud of creating many issues? Are you proud of being called as a hindrance of the society?" He angrily asked.

 

"Why don't we enter first before you scold me?" Hakyeon suggested. "There are people looking." He pointed out. 

 

The manager looked around and noticed that, indeed, many people were looking at them. Most of those people even came out of their own rooms just to witness what was happening. He cleared his throat and glared at Hakyeon. "Let's talk inside." He said through gritted teeth. It was rare for him to get into an embarrassing situation but whenever he was, Hakyeon was always involved. It was either it's because of the said boy or just about the said boy. So, for the manager, the trot singer was a source of income yet he was also the source of headache and embarrassment. Soon enough, the singer would be the cause of his death. The manager would not like to admit it but he could actually imagine already how his death certificate would be. Cause of Death: Cha Hakyeon. 

 

"Would you like some coffee?" Hakyeon kindly offer, without caring if the manager was annoyed already.

 

"Sit down." Hakyeon's manager gritted his teeth. "I don't want to have a coffee. Would I want to have a coffee if my problems are all tangled up like this?" He angrily asked. "Do you know what they call you right now? Troublemaker! Not like Hyunseung and Hyuna but a real troublemaker!"

 

Instead of being intimidated, Hakyeon laughed. "Not like Hyunseung and Hyuna? I like that part!" He clapped his hands in glee. He looked like he was about to lose his mind. But between the two of them, his manager was actually the one who was losing his mind. Hakyeon was crazy and it was driving his manager mad. If only it was legal to kill, Hakyeon would have been erased from the Earth's surface long ago.

 

"I'm not kidding," The manager hissed. "Do you want me to kill Leo?" He asked in annoyance, making Hakyeon gasp. Who was Leo? Oh, nothing, just Hakyeon's pet. What kind of pet was it? A cockroach. For some reasons, Hakyeon was so in love with cockroaches. For some reasons, he found those small creatures cute. But he and his pet had a ‘love and hate’ relationship. Whenever he’s around, the cockroach would not even move and would pretend that he’s dead. Hakyeon still kept that cockroach despite that fact. For him, that cockroach was a family. He had a deep bond with it. Others might find it funny but he loved the cockroach more than everyone else combined – except for his parents, of course, because that would make him a bad son. He was a nice son, you know?

 

Hakyeon glared at his manager. “Touch everyone but my Leo!” He glared at his manager.

 

The manager rolled his eyes. He was pretty sure that Hakyeon’s case was hopeless – too much that it was ridiculous. “Stop this madness. I’ll just say the reason why I came here so that I can finally escape this hell.” He said. “Hakyeon, you’ll be put in hiatus for two months because of your behavior.”

 

“But it’s their fault!” Hakyeon protested. “They were the ones who provoked me.” He pointed out. “Why did they do that? I know that I’m a star and all but they don’t have to be envious of my awesomeness.” He made a face. “Anyway, it’s fine by me. Hiatus means more ‘me’ time and more time with Leo.”

 

The manager scoffed. He could not believe how easy Hakyeon took everything. But then, that boy was truly unpredictable and weird. It was actually a mystery why that boy was not yet in the mental hospital (he did not know that soon enough, his dream would come true). “If that’s what you want then, I’ll get going. I cannot stand staying here for a few more seconds.”

 

“You’re the one who came here, though.” Hakyeon made a face. “You can go now if you want to.”

 

The manager rolled his eyes before heading to the door. Hakyeon really did not care. But he watched as his manager walked away anymore. Then, his eyes widened. “No!!!” He cried, firmly closing his eyes as he heard a sound of being squished. Even the manager’s eyes widened in horror as he checked what he just stepped on. Yes, you’re right. Yup, Leo’s dead. The manager stepped on the poor cockroach. “Leo!” Hakyeon cried, running towards the squashed cockroach. It was dead. Lifeless.

 

The manager gulped. “Oops…” He muttered. “I’m sorry. Gotta run!” He hastily said before running away. He killed Leo and he knew Hakyeon might be losing his sanity. It was better safe than sorry. The manager felt bad for Leo but Leo was a cockroach and he was a person. His life was more important.

 

Hakyeon, on the other hand, was left weeping over his beloved cockroach, Leo. He was kneeling down as he stared at his lifeless cockroach. Some might find it ridiculous but to Hakyeon, it felt like he lost his beloved person. “Leo!” He cried, hugging the dead Leo (exactly, how did he do that? How did he embraced a cockroach?). “I’ll get my revenge for you, Leo.” Hakyeon said. But of course, he said that just because he’s sad. It was not that obvious but Hakyeon was actually kind. He could not hit a person—okay, he could but he could never destroy a person’s life.

 

Hakyeon remained kneeling on the floor for a few hours, weeping. Just kidding. He forgot to drink his red ginseng tea so his back and arms were hurting so much. And so, he stood up and just cried on his bed the whole day. Who knew that a cockroach dying would be so depressing? No one even guessed for sure.

 

Anyway, to keep the story short, because of what happened, Hakyeon refused to get out of his condo for more than a week and it caused his mom to worry. “Son, do you really have no plan on getting out of your house?” Hakyeon’s mom asked when she visited him after hearing about what happened through the manager who was so sorry because of the accident. “We can always get you a new pet. A better one!” She suggested, hoping to cheer his son up. “You’ve been crying for nights… I am so worried.”

 

Hakyeon only shook his head with a sad expression on his face. “No, no one can replace Leo here in my heart.” He cried.

 

Hakyeon’s mom sighed. “Forget it. I’ll bring you to the psychiatrist later. We need to do something about your depression. You don’t even want to tell me why that cockroach is so important.” What she did not know that what she decided to do would cause more trouble for everyone than expected. She did not know that because of that the lives of the nurses in the hospital and the lives of five other boys would be ruined and turned up-side-down.

 

To be continued...


 

Author's Note: (explanations, clarifications, etc.)

Yay! I updated after a week! But this is a lot shorter than the first one because this is just a special chapter. This is to celebrate VIXX's 5th win and their release of dance practice. What do you think of this and what do you think of Hakyeon's pet? Update may or may not come by next week, just wait. Just like what KenVigivesmelife suggested, I changed the 형 to 'hyung'. 

Also, about this part: "He forgot to drink his red ginseng tea so his back and arms were hurting so much.", some might not get it so I'll explain. VIXX's N always takes red ginseng every night or every day. One time, he told Hyuk to make it fast (he was asking Hyuk to do aegyo that time) because his arms were hurting from holding the camera. He said that it hurts because he did not take the ginseng. (The show is called '4 things')

I hope that you enjoy this filler/special chapter~

Special thanks to all those who commented. And to those who upvoted, marlia91 and LeeJi98, thank you so much! It means a lot to me.