Chapter 4.5

One Great Escapade

Author's Note: (Read to avoid confusion)

This is a special chapter, a filler chapter. This one took place a few weeks/days before the boys got admitted to the mental hospital.

Please read the author's note below for clarifications about my updates/


Taekwoon's Special Chapter

Had it been a month? Or was it a year? Who was he kidding? It had only been a week since Taekwoon last drank latte. Many would not be able to understand but Taekwoon really needed his daily caffeine intake or he would have a hard time focusing on important things. It all started because of an issue about a certain brand of coffee. It was hard to find a place to buy a coffee. He could not even buy his coffee beans. The authorities said that in another week or two, they would allow the selling of coffee beans again. It was driving Taekwoon mad. Mad as in angry and mad as in crazy. How could he possibly survive in a world without coffee? Drinking coffee was his priority right after breathing. It was that important to him. He even started having hallucinations like a cockroach introduced himself as Leo a few days ago.

“Coach, Suwon Samsung Bluewings are no joke when it comes to soccer. It’s the first time that we’re going against them, what should we do in order to win?” The team captain of Royal Azalea*, the soccer team that Taekwoon, himself, created, asked. He was wearing his pink uniform neatly as always – yes, pink was the group’s official color. It was inspired by Mimi*, a famous doll, for some reasons. It was a long, long story.

Usually, Taekwoon would immediately stand up from where he was sitting and would tell everyone a new strategy that no one could beat. However, that day, it was a different case for him. He needed his coffee. “Don’t talk to me, Dongjun.” He told the captain. “I’m not in the mood.” He added. See? That’s what lack of coffee could do to him. The coffee deprived person was really something. Many would not understand but all of a sudden, all the melodramas and the cliché sad love songs became just like his story.

“But coach, we’ve been idle for five days. The match is set in three months.” The team captain, Dongjun, pointed out. By doing so, he received a death glare from the coach. “As I was saying, enjoy your peaceful time.” Dongjun laughed nervously before walking away.

Taekwoon groaned. He wanted coffee. Coffee had always been so important in his life. He pouted. The oh-so-great, the oh-so-cool, and the oh-so-mighty Jung Taekwoon was pouting and it was because of coffee. The members of the soccer team who saw him pouting were terrified.

“Coach is pouting!” Dongjun half-whispered to his teammates, sounding so scared. They had never seen their coach pouting before so it could only mean one thing. “It’s the end of the world!” He pointed out.

“Wrong.” His teammate, Minseok, spoke up. “It’s the end of coach’s world! He’s gonna die because of deprived of coffee. You don’t know how important coffee is to him.”

“We should do something about it.” Their other teammate, Doojoon, said. “I’m afraid that he’ll do nothing about our team or worse, he might torture all of us and kill us!”

“He seems capable of doing that.” Dongjun nodded. “So, what do you say we do to him?” He asked.

Minseok thought for a moment. “I heard that there’s this café that still sells latte. Let’s bring him there. He’s deprived of coffee so we should refill his system with coffee. I bet he’ll be back to normal after drinking the coffee that he loves so much.” He suggested to his teammates.

“Let’s do that.” Dongjun agreed. “Let’s tell the other eight our plan.” He said referring to their teammates. “We should be able to drag coach to the café together. He’s a bit heavy.”

His teammates rolled their eyes at them. “We won’t carry him, of course. We’ll just tell him that there’s coffee then everything will be okay.” Minseok pointed out. “He’ll come with us if there’s coffee.”

 

True to Minseok’s words, Taekwoon really did come with the whole soccer team to the café. It was obvious that he was excited as he was even whistling to the tune of a song. It was a rare sight for the team to see the captain that excited – heck, seeing him with expression was rare enough! “Is there really a coffee there?” Taekwoon asked Dongjun when they were on the way to the café.

“Yes, there is a coffee there, coach.” Dongjun replied. “Their latte is really good too!”

Taekwoon showed them his very rare wide smile. “You should have told me long ago.” He said in his usual soft voice but his smile did not disappear. He was more than excited to drink latte. He could almost imagine drinking the latte that he missed so much. If he were to choose between the world and the latte, he’d choose the latter. Even if everything was taken away from him, if only he had his latte, he knew he would be fine. He tried to suppress his smile when they had reached the café but to no avail. He was so excited to finally drink a cup of latte after days of not even being able to smell one. It was the end of his dark days and sufferings. He knew it! “Latte please.” He told the girl in the counter.

As if playing a cruel joke on him, the girl looked at him apologetically. “I’m so sorry, sir. We already ran out of coffee beans so latte is not available anymore.” She explained. She gulped when she saw Taekwoon glaring at her as if she just ruined his whole life when all she did was announce that there was no latte.

“Ah…” Dongjun and the others gulped as well. “Coach…”

Taekwoon continued to glare at the poor girl but it was obvious that he was about to break down and cry. He felt so angry and so upset at the same time. Even if all the villains in the world worked together, they would not even do something as bad as making lattes disappear. He curled his hands into fists. “Why?!” He yelled for the first time in his lifetime and it was because of his precious latte. “I just wanted the latte but why?!” He asked.

“C-calm down, coach.” Minseok said.

Taekwoon shook his head. “I can’t.” He growled, suddenly flipping the nearest table. “Give me my latte!” He yelled. The other people who were inside the café looked so terrified. It was as if Hulk had come to ruin the café. “I want latte but I got none! I was promised latte but I got none!” He glared at the members of Royal Azalea who gulped. They had always known that their coach was scary but they never knew that their coach was like Hulk when angry. Taekwoon kept on flipping the chairs and tables in anger, shouting ‘latte’ as he did so.

Not wanting to watch it any further, a guy approached the team. “I’m a psychiatrist. I suggest that we bring him to the hospital for a talk.” He suggested. “He does not seem very well.”

Upon hearing that, Taekwoon stopped flipping the tables and glared at the doctor. “I’m not crazy!” He yelled before he stormed out of the café, bumping into a handsome man who was busy staring in a mirror. The mirror fell on the floor and was broken.

The handsome man gasped in a loud and exaggerated manner. “You! You broke my mirror!” He pointed out but Taekwoon continued to walk, ignoring him. The former glared at the latter. “One year of bad luck for you! No! You’ll have a bad luck in your whole life!”

“Lee Hongbin, what are you even talking about?” A middle-aged man, who came out from the café, asked the handsome man. “The man who bumped into you is about to go to mental hospital. I bet you’ll need to come with him.”

The handsome man – Lee Hongbin – scoffed. “No way. I’m too awesome for that.”

 

Taekwoon had no idea where he was or how he got there. All he knew was he was in a park to run away from the people who thought that he had finally lost his marble. He hadn’t lost his sanity, he believed. Was it so wrong to be willing to flip the whole world for a cup of latte? He was the main character yet people made it seem like he was the villain, how cruel of them. He snorted. There was no way that he would go to a mental hospital. There was no way that—

“A mental hospital is a really fun place!” A tall guy told his friends as they passed by. “It seems exciting so I want to visit it.” He added.

“Sanghyuk, do you wanna be confined there?” One of his friends chuckled.

“No, of course not. I just want to see how it is. Like, I heard they give free foods, coffees—” The boy explained to his friends but Taekwoon wished not to listen more.

The coach was thinking deeply. The boy mentioned coffee… maybe, just maybe, there was a way for him to go to a mental hospital. For his latte, he’d be willing to give up everything.

 

To be continued...


Author's Note: (Clarifications and Apologies)

Though I said that I won't update if I didn't receive 5 comments, I was actually planning to update. But it was my uncle's wedding so I was not able to update.

Do you like Leo the cockroach's special appearance? Or do you find this story funny or good at all? Please tell me in the comments. Comments give me the determination to keep on writing despite not being good enough.

[*Not everyone got the joke and it can be confusing so I'll explain. VIXX's N or Hakyeon is famous for the nickname 'Royal Azalea boy'. In his graduation photo, he posed with his hand raised and there was an azalea tucked in his ear. The name of the soccer team is based from that. *Mimi, on the other hand, is a doll originated from Korea. The members often tease Leo about it.]

Thanks for reading and commenting! ^^

Special thanks to all those who commented. And to those who upvoted, marlia91, LeeJi98, Karenkitty1092, Taotic, and Sweatervest_Suhothank you so much! It means a lot to me.

Also, thank you to Karenkitty1092, KTsuki-chan, and Sweatervest_Suho for always commenting!