Ch.02

Merry-go-round Love (MARKxOC)

It’s been a struggle these past last 2 years avoiding Mark. There was a time I had to talk to a professor that I don’t even take his classes making small talk to avoid Mark. Even ignored death glares I feel piercing through behind my back. I deserve this anyway the guy’s heartbroken and I even helped out hurting his poor poor heart.

“So you really avoided me these past 2 years with all your might.” I looked up and it’s HIM.

“I won’t say I was avoiding you…both of us are fairly busy with our classes and---“

Mark slammed his hand on the table. I grabbed my bag beside me just in case I need to make another run for it.

“So, how is she?” Mark calmed down and sat down facing me.

“Well, she’s actually doing really well. She even asks me about how you’re doing and-“ he cuts in again why wont he just let me finish first.

“Why can’t she just ask me herself if she’s that curious?” how can I tell him that she’s found someone else and finds it awkward to contact him because to start with these two didn’t even have a proper break up.

“Well…she thought of the time difference, she didn’t really want to bother you at all after what’s happened before.”

“Thanks for reminding me that very bittersweet memory of 2 years ago.” Mark said with his straight face. How I missed the fun and smiling Mark sunbae I met on my first day, damn Yerin I lost a good friend here turned enemy.

“Hey, I’m a victim too...okay shutting up now.” Mark was practically glaring at me, so better stop. I went back looking at my notes, I’m just in my 2nd year in college why are these classes making my life so complicated. I can feel someone’s staring and it’s Mark.

“What? What else do you need?”

“Nothing, I just realized you’re a bit small slow in class aren’t you? You have the same lost look in your face when I first saw you on campus while looking at your own notes.” Mark smirked. He’s being really mean right now. I guess everyone who has an angelic feel to them have this mean side too.

“If you have nothing else to say, I’ll be going now and fix my slow brain maybe I’ll have something to enhance my memory or whatever. BYE.” I waved goodbye with a straight face.

He annoys me now. What’s so great about him? Oh right…he’s in the top in our department and has a promising future. I feel like a loser now. I’ll show him right after I graduate I’ll get into a good company and shove it in his face. Yerin you left me as soon as I moved here to study together what’s with you running to another guy in the States and leaving me here to deal with HIM.