Intro Ch.01

Merry-go-round Love (MARKxOC)

“Sunbae wait a moment! She’s like really busy right now…” I am trying my best here distracting Mark-sunbae because my bff asked me to.

“How can she be ‘very busy’ when it comes to her boyfriend?” Mark looked at me annoyed.

“Sometimes we need space.” I answered quickly.

Mark crossed his arms and is putting on his serious face on.

“Gabby, we’ve been like friends. Like really close friends because both us are foreign exchange students here and I helped you out when you were in your freshmen year, the least you can do is help me out here.”

“FINE.” I felt defeated all he said was true, if it wasn’t for me I’d be very lost here. As we started walking together to my bff’s house her name’s Miyoung by the way. We go way before, like childhood friends then she moved back to Korea and I missed her so much and I wanted our goal to go to college together and I’m a fan of her country so I decided to take up college here.

As we reached near Yerin’s door step I turned around towards Mark just to make things clear.

“If Yerin’s gonna ask why I brought you with me, tell her you forced me into it. Which technically you did by using the ‘I helped you out in college’ situation thing----okay never mind just say that or she’ll skin me alive.”

“Why is Yerin being so secretive these past few days anyway? Does she not like me anymore? If she doesn’t why didn’t she just break up with me and stop this emotional torture for me…”

 Mark looked annoyed confused and hurt all at the same time. I feel bad for the guy. Yes she wants to break up with you but can’t because she didn’t want to hurt him. BUT this will definitely hurt when he discovers Yerin’s not around anymore right this moment.

“Well I think you should just ask her that once we see her, okay?” I tried to sound optimistic about the situation but oh this is gonna not end well for me.

I went to the gate and rang the doorbell, after a minute Yerin’s mom welcomed us. I can see the clear confusion in her face right now.

“G-Gabby-ah why are y---“

“Oh Mrs. Park let’s go inside first is Yerin here?” I dragged Miyoung’s mom inside first with me and gestured Mark to follow behind us. I brought Mrs. Park in the kitchen and left Mark in the living room.

“Dear, why is Mark with you? Rather why are the two of you here? Miyoung already left for her flight like an hour ago. Weren’t you informed?”

“I am but he wasn’t. Yerin wanted to keep quiet about it till she went. Mrs. Park how am I gonna tell him?” I looked at her pleadingly to help me out here.

“Okay, I’ll tell him and will tell him even you didn’t know anything about till now.” Yerin’s mom is the best that’s why I love her family.

“Let’s act right now, follow my lead Mrs.Park.” Yerin’s mom nodded. She’s game.

“WHAT??? Yerin left for the States?!” my acting skills are not that bad I hope he buys it.

“Omo dear, didn’t Yerin tell you? I thought she told you.” I gestured Mrs. Park to follow me to the living room. Wow her acting is good just look at her expression.

“Don’t tell me you too Mark? She didn’t tell you anything about her studying in the States?” Mrs. Park I love you so much.

Mark looked stunned as if he cant even react or even speak, he just shook his head.

Awww poor guy look at his poor face. He’s goodlooking and all but he was just too into Yerin. That Yerin couldn’t handle his seriousness in their relationship. But Miyoung is in the wrong too she just wanted to play around and enjoy being the “It” couple on campus.

We said our goodbyes to Yerin’s mom and was now in front of their gate, I turned to Mark and I see heaven now. Mark has a dead serious face and I feel this would be the day I die.

“Gabrielle Chang. Gabby. You knew about this beforehand didn’t you?” Mark is obviously holding in his anger.

“No. I had no idea and it’s getting late and I better head back no---“ I was about to turn and leave but he grabbed my bag. . I have my phone in my pocket. Okay nothing to lose in that bag, leave the bag and GO. I slipped off my bag and ran as fast as I can.

“GABRIELLE CHANG! Where do you think you’re going?!?! You have some explaining to do!” Mark ran after me. Before he caught me I was able to reach the bus stop and look perfect timing a Bus, ran right in and the bus doors closed just in time.

I sat down and contemplated on what I’ve done today. I’m sorry Mark but we’re friends but Yerin's my bestfriend I had no choice but to hide things from you. Plus he’s my sunbae too. Oh my head hurts from all this. All I have to do is just avoid him on campus till I graduate or till he graduates, then I’m safe.