Ch.04

Merry-go-round Love (MARKxOC)

 

“Yeah~ very…except for one person.” I said smiling.

“Ah…Mark.” Jaebum said with an acknowledging look.

“He’s always quiet but once he’s comfortable he’s a bit…”

“I know, he was a close Sunbae to me…”

“Was?”

“Well thing’s happened before so…”

“Oh is it about Yerin?”

.

So that happened……I can feel Mark glaring at me.

I tried to keep myself busy with my laptop and JB (let’s call him JB from now on) felt the tension in the room.

“A~ Mark-ah it’s been what 4 years right? Let’s not think about it and let’s have a clear mind okay? For the meeting.”

JB saved me right there because I was feeling daggers stabbing me with his glaring.

I looked up and saw JB nodding at my direction while turning Mark around to exit the room, I mouthed a thank you.

I always feel bad when Yerin is mentioned in front of Mark. I still feel guilty for his major heartbreak. He planned on even having a future with her he even…bought a ring. I wonder if he still  has it, it was really pretty suited Yerin very much he showed it to me once.

 

[FLASHBACK BEFORE ALL THE MESS STARTED]

Mark sat beside me at the bench and showed me a box and he opened it, and there it is all sparkly and pretty it had a thin band looks very delicate adorned with tiny stones I guess they’re diamonds since whoah the sparkles.

“Do you think she’ll like it?” Mark asked smiling an unsure smile.

“A~ of course she will! Sunbae you have such good taste, but isn’t this too early for an engagement ring?” I said laughing.

“This is not really an engagement ring but like a promise ring first. I’ll buy her better one as for the engagement ring.” He smiled widely showing his vampire smile.

“WHAT? That’s just a promise ring type for like boyfriend girlfriend thing?” I asked bewildered that tiny thing looks expensive!

“Yah…I’m a son of a CEO don’t you know that? Cant you tell by my last name TUAN.” He said smugly.

“A~ anyone can have the same last name. it’s not as if all Tuans are related to that big company in the states TUAN.” I explained.

“You poor thing, you know nothing.” he shook his head disapprovingly.

Is he gonna keep this up? Nice try but not buying it.

[END]

I feel so bad because I know how serious he was with Yerin and yet I helped Yerin to just break his heart in the worst possible way.

‘Yerin you better not pop in here oh so suddenly…he hasn’t moved on yet.’ To think if Mark finds out she’s engage now. He is gonna die with heartbreak for the second time.

I was preoccupied with my thoughts then I hear my phone beeping, I must have a message. I checked the screen it just showed a number. Who must this be.

***

MESSAGE: YOU. LUNCH. NOW.

By the looks of it and the situation earlier, this must be Mark. Should I or should I not? I love living I can't just die like this. Things will get worst if I don’t comply. Maybe he wants to make peace…I looked at the message again. No. Impossible. I feel the animosity of the message.

MESSAGE REPLY: okay…where?

MESSAGE: Meet me in the lobby.

Why do I feel like this is my last day on earth? Family and friends I loved you all, but I must say goodbye.

I went to the lobby there he is standing, looking good dude. Yerin look what you left, a bright future for you and your child. Well the child part I’m not sure because I haven’t seen her other guy yet. She never showed me a photo.

“Gosh you move slow…” Mark said annoyed.

“Sorry I was on the 36th flr. And there are like just 6 elevators that I had to wait for from different floors-“

“Let’s just go.” Mark closed his eye, obviously controlling his emotions.

I followed behind him, next thing I know we’re in his car in the backseat.

Awkward~

“So it’s been awhile.”

“Yeah.”

More awkward silence…

“So, how is she?”

he asked without looking at me, he stared outside the window. Why do I feel the hurt in his question… I was about to confess today and say she’s engaged.

HOW AM I SUPPOSED TO SPILL THE BEANS NOW?

She’s been doing fine, she’ll be going home soon.”

.

He turned to me with a surprised look on his face. Oh no. that is the look of hope in his face.

OH NO.

“Really? When?”

“Um…”

“You cannot say you don’t know now, you know she’s coming home.”

He sounds like the Mark I know now. He looks like a child excited, but how to say this?

“In two weeks from now. I think, we’ll be like giving her a surprise welcome home party.”

Oh my gosh my excitement of her going home got the better of me and just said something unnecessary.

Mark looks at me like, he wants me to invite him. I can feel it. It’s so strong.

“You wanna join?”

.

“Sure! I thought of like ruining your day today by going to your least favorite restaurant so you wont be able to enjoy your lunch, but now I’m in a good mood let’s have something good!” Mark smiled brightly.

How can someone say something so horrible and smile like that?

He planned on ruining my precious lunch time.

He’s evil.