Ch.10

Merry-go-round Love (MARKxOC)

“Gabby, if you don’t explain yourself now. I’m gonna kiss you. Right here. Right now.” Mark looking determined in doing so.

“You would never.” I frowned at him.

“Oh hell yeah I would.” He pulled me closer and we’re now inches apart.

“I never had my first kiss. So you would never do that.”

“Yeah, that gives me more reason to do so.”

“Demon.” I gasped.

“3,2,----“

 

"Hey you two, the food is ready maybe you guys can be lovey dovey after dinner maybe?" Youngjae peeked out the door and looking at us.

"Sorry, I just needed to confirm something with Gabby but yeah let's grab some food first babe.Mark pulled me to his side and placed his hand on my waist guiding me back in the cafe. 

We sat back down to our seats and had our dinner. Everyone's was sharing how they've been, they are quite a lot of us here minus Yerin's parents who went ahead after dinner and left us 'young people' be. I looked pleadingly at Mrs.Park to take me with her but she just looked at me and Mark and completely got the wrong idea because of Yerin earlier.

"So Gabby, you and Mark how did that happen?" Erica asked. 

Erica, the witch who actually hates me for being close friends with Mark back in Uni and she hated Yerin so much because back then she got Mark as her boyfriend. For short, she was so into Mark back and she still is, till now. 

"Um... hmmmm...well...it's n--"

"We bumped into each other a couple of times Erica in her workplace, she works at my friend's company. what else do you wanna know Erica?" Mark looked at Erica clearly annoyed. He knows. and he doesn't like it one bit.

"Nothing, I was just curious that's all Mark." Erica smiled sweetly. Even though Mark clearly wasn't nice in his tone when he answered her but she's kinda obsessed borderline psycho about Mark. Why is she here again?

"So, Youngjae how did you and Yerin meet?" Mark finally asked something he does want to know.

"Well, you know I went back and fort in the States for my dad and I also bumped into Yerin back then in our branch. Kinda similar to how you and Gabby met I guess." Youngjae laughed.

"Mark, how have you been?" Yerin asked. 

Mark was twirling his wine glass but stopped as Yerin asked him that 'stupid' question. She knows how much he loved her and clearly she knows how much pain that caused him and she's just gonna ask that oh so casually. I looked at Mark and he just looked at Yerin, everyone in the room knows their history together maybe except for Youngjae he looked a bit confused on Mark's facial expression right now. It was between hurt and anger, I need to intervene. I put my hand on his hand that was on the arm rest on my side. Mark, looked at me and smiled softly finally.

"Sorry, I just had flashbacks. I've been good...with Gabby around I've been better." Mark moved his hand and held mine and moved our hands on the table. obviously he's checking if Yerin would budge and show a tinge of jealousy and surprisingly it worked. I knowYerin for so long and when she purses her lip like that and put on a tight smile, she is surely uncomfortable seeing Mark holding someone else's hand in front of her.

The night ended with our good friend Jaehyun by breaking the awkward atmosphere that was happening between us on the other end of the table. I am so thankful he was there. I went out and waited outside for Mark, while he's busy catching up with our other Uni friends.

"So, noona I see you are caught in a very sticky tricky situation." Jaehyun popped up behind me that made me jump.

"GOD! Jaehyun don't sneak up on me like that?" I turned around and slapped his real hard on his arm.

"OW! Noona! that hurt!" He laughed and was rubbing his arm that I slapped.

"You deserved that and yeah I am." I closed my eyes , I feel so drained from all these things happening in a span of a week.

"Mark-hyung and Yerin-noona seemed on edge. I feel bad for you and her guy. also you guys are seriously together?" Jaehyun looked unconvinced with me and Mark being together. Jaehyun's a really close junior of mine and he knows me well.

"No, it's between us but Mark is really trying to cover himself up being okay and all--"

"By using you...that's kinda unfair for you noona, I wouldn't do that to you at all." Jaehyun looked at me with pity and he shook his head.

"Awww my hoobae is concerned with me~" I pinched his squishy cheeks with my both hands.

"Noona St---"

"Well you two are being adorable." Mark stepped out and stared at me and Jaehyun, eyeing us.

"Well, I missed my cute junior and this is how I show my affection. Deal with it." I let Jaehyun's cheeks go. Jaehyun rubbed his cheeks and looked at me.

"Ummm so I'm gonna go and Mark hyung, Gabby noona's not the best catch but she will do." Jaehyun ran off as soon as he finished saying that because he clearly saw the fist formed in my right hand.

"I like Jaehyun, he speaks the truth. an honest good young man." Mark looked at me and saw my fist is still a fist.

"You don't plan on using that on me are you?" 

"I might."

Mark gestured to look behind him and there was Yerin and the rest and Youngjae beside her. I got the signal and released the fist I formed and it's time to play pretend. Mark took my hand which was the first earlier.

"Can you be a bit more useful next time, you stayed quiet the whole time at dinner didn't even back me up there."

"I tried."

"You didn't tried hard enough."

"Ma--"

I turned to get back at him but what I got was Mark's lips landing a quick peck on my lips and he looked proud and satisfied and he looked at Yerin's blank expression made him feel even better.

"I'll pretend that didn't happen..."

"It just did and I'll remind me you about that everytime we meet." 

"You're such a jerk now, you know that right?" I elbowed him and just let out a small laughter. I will not count that as my first kiss. It's just a peck no big deal.

"I would say jerk is you still being nice, I'd prefer you'll just say I'm an for doing that in exchange just to check on my ex's expression and Yerin is clearly bothered by us being together." Mark put on a satisfied smile and brought me closer to him as we approached the couple, he really is pushing it by having his arm around me.

"It was nice meeting you Gabby and knowing Mark's been hiding this from us friends. Mark you're such a shy guy I didn't know that. No wonder you were being protective last time." Youngjae laughed. I looked confused on what Youngjae said being protective over me and Mark just shrugged and smiled at me.

"Yeah... Also it's nice to know you're engaged with a good friend of mine. She's for keeps." Mark looked at Yerin.

"You better take care of my bestfriend Tuan, I know you too well you know." Yerin said jokingly but there was something a bit off in her tone.

"You don't have to worry about that, since you know me too well. You know how she'll be taken care of by me." Yerin's expression changed but she quickly recovers and smile.

"It's getting late, drive safely." Yerin smiled and linked her arm with Youngjae and Youngjae gestured goodbye to Mark and Mark does the same.

These two are getting back at one another. These two ex's are scary.

"You two are scary as exes, my god." I try to shake Mark's arm off but he won't budge.

"Arm.OFF"  I said in such a demanding tone hoping it will work.

"Nope."  Mark tightened his arm around me.

"It's HEAVY." I whined

"Fiiine." He removed his arm off of me but switched his arm around my waist. I looked at him.

"What don't tell me it's heavy on your waist?" I almost jumped at his hand but I tried to play it cool.

"No, but get off of me please." Mark sighed and let go and went in his car. Mark rolled the window down.

"Stupid, get in." 

'Why does he have to call me stupid' I said under my breath as I got in.

"Would you rather be called babe than stupid?" He heard me.

"Stupid sounds great." I said happily. Mark laughed this time he was really laughing happily.