Ch.07

Merry-go-round Love (MARKxOC)

I laid on my bed composing and erasing how to inform Mark that Yerin will be here tomorrow.

 

To: Markiepooh (yes I’ll use his ridiculous nickname courtesy of Jackson Wang)

Hey, Yerins welcome party is tomorrow I know so sudden right? Will you still be going? Because it’s too sudden and you might be busy. We can arrange another meeting with Yerin you know…when you’re more prepared…emotionally.

 

Okay. Sent.

Just a few seconds and my phone beeped.  Don’t tell me it’s Mark. I checked and I sighed in relief but pleasantly surprised its Miyoung.

 

From: My Yerin

Gabby!!! I’m coming home earlier than expected because I wanted to surprise everyone back home hehehe… I’ll be bringing my fiancé with me so that you guys can finally have a formal meeting with him. See you soonest! Love you!

I replied an “I love you too” because I have more things to worry about that like let’s say a certain Mark Tuan.

After replying to Yerin I see a notification.

‘Markiepooh has sent you a message’

From: Markiepooh

Why do I feel like you don’t want me there? But anyway like it or not you owe me one and I’m coming tomorrow. Text me the place and time and I’ll be there.”

To: Markiepooh

Oh no…We would love to have you there and Yerin too.

Sent.

From: Markiepooh

Gabby I can feel the sarcasm in your message you know that right? I cant believe the hoobae that I trusted and treated her like my sister would betray me like that?

 

Wait hold up, is he going to bring this up again it’s been years now. I was about to reply ‘Move on will you?’ but that would just make things worst.

To: Markiepooh

I’m sorry okay? I’m making up for it right now.

 

Sent. I waited for a few more minutes my phone kept quiet, before I could sigh in relief phone is ringing this time.

‘Markiepooh calling’

Oh he’s mad.

“Hello?” I used a quiet innocent voice to answer.

“Don’t hello me…you’re telling me we’re quits after Yerin and I face each other? Just so you know seeing her again will hurt like hell but I still want things to end nicely or what I mean is to have clean clear post-breakup.”

He said a lot I couldn’t even respond.

“Hello??? Are you even listening? Gabrielle Chang are you still there?” oh he used English it’s been awhile since we both used English.

Can you not call me by my full name who are you my dad?”

“I’m closest being your older brother. Can you be at least be more respectful?”

“We’re only a year apart excuse you. Bye have a good night~” I hanged up because I think it would go on and on if I don’t end it.

“Wow, this girl is really something huh?” Mark looked at his phone as Gabby hanged up on him.

“Dude why are you so worked up? It’s been years now you could at least give her a break.” Jackson commented. The guys were having a drink at Mark’s flat.

“Maybe Mark-hyung likes this Gabby?” Yugyeom said teasingly.

“Yugyeom-ah…that’s something I cant even imagine because if I do like her I should have dated her instead of her bestfriend.”

“Eiiii~ I don’t know what this Gabby looks like, but by her name I think she’s cute.” Yugyeom said nodding slightly.

“She is cute, with her cheeks round and with her short hair. She looks even younger than us” Bambam chimed in.

“Really?” Yugyeom seemed interested now.

“Really. Wanna see?” Bambam asked Yugyeom waving his phone around.

Which made Mark perk up.

“Yah BamBam, don’t tell me you took a photo of Gabby in the office?”

Mark looks surprised and he was feeling overprotective over Gabby because he still sees her as his baby sister.

“I did.”

“So did I.” Jackson admitted.

Which made Junior and Jb shake their heads.

“So our Jackson and Bambam are interested in our employee. Jinyoung do you approve of this?”

Junior shook his head in disapproval.

“Why are you acting her guardian? Talking about approval and all? ” Jackson questioned the two men.

“She’s an important employee that we treasure. She’s hardworking and one of our adorable employees actually she brightens our day actually like seeing an adorable younger sister we never had.”

“You guys have a sister complex with Gabby , J&J and Markiepooh.” Jackson pointed the three out.

“Youngjae stop laughing in the background.” Mark pointed Youngjae who was not commenting.

“Yah, do you guys even hear yourselves talking over a girl?” Youngjae asked the six men in the room.

“Because you’re happily engaged you’re like that” Mark mentioned.

“Why don’t you tell us who this mystery girl is?” Jackson asked.

“You never shown us her photo before like none.” Bambam complained.

“You’ll meet soon I’ll call you guys. She’ll be coming home tomorrow.”

“Tomorrow? You plan on letting us meet her tomorrow?” Mark asked.

“Yeah, why?” Youngjae asked.

“Because I have a prior engagement tomorrow I don’t think I’ll be able to meet the unlucky lady.” Mark teased Youngjae.

“Yah, she’s lucky to have me and it’s okay there’s always a next time.”