The Oblivion

Synchronization of Your Dreams

A soft gasp escaped her lips as her gaze fell upon a boy.

He was lean and a couple of inches taller than she was. He had messy white hair that had a lavender tint in the dim light. His face was slim, with lips on the thinner side. His dark brown eyes were narrowed, gaze intense and unwavering. That along with the almost unnatural, neutral expression on his face unnerved her. She felt as if he was piercing her soul with his eyes. The clothes he wore consisted of a white t-shirt with a leather jacket layered on top and black jeans. He was one of the most beautiful boys she had ever seen.

She couldn’t look away from him, not when he was focused solely on her. A chill ran through her body. They stood staring at each other for what felt like eternity to her.

Then, ever so slowly, he raised his hand. She thought he was moving to touch her face. As his hand got closer, she flinched. His hand came to a stop above her shoulder and pointed behind her. Her eyes widened and she turned around.

The mysterious boy flicked his wrist ever so slightly. A gust of wind, coming from nowhere, blew through the room. The sand harshly whirled around them. It started to center at a spot in front of them. The grains came together and formed shapes. She couldn’t believe what she was seeing so she closed her eyes, hoping that it was just her imagination. When she opened her eyes again, several of her closest friends were standing in front of her.

She couldn’t believe what she saw. Her friends were there with her now. They could all find a way out together. She started to move toward them but the boy wrapped his hand around her arm, holding her back. His grip was so tight that she let out a small gasp. She turned to face him with a questioning look in her eyes. He just shook his head at her.

Listen

Watch

She heard his voice, but he didn’t speak out loud. It was in her head.

Her friends started to talk in front of her. As she listened, tears started rolling down her face. They said things about her that broke her heart. They were just using her, using her for everything. Her money, her popularity, the influence she had. They said cruel things that she would have never imagined before this. The friends she thought were so loyal were, in reality, just playing a game with her. They had no love for her.  More tears spilled from her eyes.

Now you know the truth

She suddenly turned toward the boy. He was gone, as if he was never there to begin with. She couldn’t remember him taking his hand off of her arm. She looked around the room, unsure of what she should do. Another gust of wind blasted through the room and ruffled some of the sheets around her. In front of her, a sheet blew aside to reveal another door.