Haunted

Synchronization of Your Dreams

Open your eyes

Quietly open your eyes

Open your eyes

Now, open your eyes

She didn’t put up a fight this time. She was starting to get used to this, starting to comply without any thought. After what she just saw, it was like a part of her soul died. She still wondered what was to come next. Would she get to leave now? Is it over? Or is there more to come?

She walked across the room and through the door without a second thought. Her foot came down into a stream of water flowing out of the room. Upon entering, she noticed that it was smaller than the first. Water covered the floor and there was a haze that filled the room. She looked up and saw a figure standing across the room from her. She started to close the distance between her and the figure. This boy didn’t give her the same feeling that the other did. She almost got a comforting feeling from him. She was compelled to go toward him. There was no trace of fear in her. She stopped in front of him and tilted her head to look up at his face.

He was taller than the last boy, had broad shoulders and a slightly wider face. His hair was an orangish blonde and was styled in a way that made it look effortlessly messy but still neat. He had nice, full lips. His eyes were light brown and held her gaze with a soft look. Like the other boy, his expression was neutral but he somehow gave off a caring feel. He was wearing a white, bomber style jacket and black jeans.

He reached his hand out and lightly brushed it against her cheek. She felt goosebumps run down her arms and she shivered. She glanced up at his face again. His eyes held a hint of sadness. He gave her a look, a look that could be seen as apologetic, as if he was about to do something that he didn’t want to.

He grabbed her shoulders and turned her around so she was facing the center of the room. Then he walked forward, knelt down and dragged his hand through the water. He went back to stand beside her.

She was mesmerized by the rippling water.  As it rippled, it seemed to form an image. She started to shake out of fear of what she was going to see. The scene she was shown earlier was still fresh in her mind and she wasn’t ready to see another horrible sight.

The image in the water became clear and she could see her boyfriend walking on a sidewalk. A small glint of hope and happiness ran through her. This didn’t look too bad, he wasn’t doing anything, just walking. She watched, excited that she got to see her boyfriend for a least a little while. Who knows when she was going to get out of here or when she’ll get to see him again.

Her boyfriend came to a stop in front of a house that she recognized. It belonged to the girl she used to call her best friend. He knocked on the door and it was answered. Maybe he’s worried and out looking for me. How long have I even been here?

The image in the water showed the two people closest to her in a bedroom. At this point they were only kissing but she could tell that it was going to lead to something.

She started sobbing. How could they do this to her? She thought he loved her. She really believed. She turned away from the image, not being able to bear seeing it anymore.

It felt like another part of her soul had just been ripped away.

The tall boy stood silently next to her for a couple seconds, then wrapped his arms around her and pulled her close to him. She gripped his jacket and sobbed into his chest for a while. When she calmed down she looked at him, questioning. Why?

He didn’t say anything like the last boy, just gave her a small, sad smile. He pulled away from her for a second before putting his arm around her shoulders. He lead her to one of the sheets hanging on the wall and pulled it aside revealing yet another door. He stepped away from her back to the center of the room. She glanced at him, then the door, then back at him. He wasn’t there.

Gone.

Just like the last boy.

Without a trace of him ever being there.