Open Your Eyes

Synchronization of Your Dreams

When they reached their destination he set her on the floor to stand on her own. They were standing in the middle of what looked like a destroyed, abandoned warehouse. There were huge holes around them that looked almost like swimming pools but were too shallow.

 

All five of the boys were standing around her; she didn’t recognize one of their faces. It must have been the boy who ran away from her. He was definitely a couple years younger than the others. His shorter height, coupled with a younger looking, round face confirmed her assumption. His eyes were dark brown and filled with regret. His mouth was taut. He had black, straight, medium length hair. His clothes consisted of a gray sweater and surprisingly, blue jeans, unlike the other boys.

 

They were all intently looking at her and she felt a little self conscious. She wanted to ask them questions but feared that they wouldn’t answer them. She kept looking around at the boys. The boy that walked her here gave her another sad smile. All the boys had caring looks in their eyes. Her heart started to beat faster. Surrounded by these boys, she actually started to believe that they showed her what they did because they cared. They did it for her sake.

 

Maybe she was going crazy from being in this place so long, but she wanted to stay. Stay with them. She felt that they were the only ones who really cared about her.

 

The boy with the undercut stepped in front of her. Her heart started beating even faster. He gazed down at her.

 

Open your eyes

 

He brought his hands up to her face and placed them over her eyes.

 

See the truth, open your eyes

 

She closed her eyes, a tear fell down her cheek.

 

She started to feel dizzy and lightheaded.

 

They all whispered in her head at that moment.

 

Open your eyes

She did.

 

She forced her eyes open.

 

She was back in her room.

 

She was in awe.

 

She looked over at her door and saw it close. Maybe it was her mom or dad. She slowly stood up and left her room. She saw a person rounding the corner. White hair and black clothes. Her eyes widened, heartbeat quickened and she followed him without a word.

 

He led her outside. She stopped outside of the front door. He kept walking to the end of the driveway. All of the boys were there, waiting. They were all looking at her with one question in mind.

 

The tall, blonde boy extended his hand out toward her. She didn’t realize what they wanted at first, but when she did, she questioned everything in her life.

 

Tears started to escape her eyes and she turned around to face her house. She didn’t believe there was anything in her old life worth staying over.

 

She knew there wasn’t.

 

She wished there was.

 

She stared longingly at her house, but her mind had already been made up, even before she awoke.

 

She started walking toward the boys. A smile lit up on all of their faces. As she got closer, one by one, the boys disappeared. First the youngest, then the one with the sad smile and curly hair, the boy with the undercut, the boy with white hair and piercing gaze and finally, as she took the tall blonde boy’s hand, they were gone.


Never to be seen again.