Broken

Synchronization of Your Dreams

A boy rounded the corner. However, it wasn’t the same boy that was just with her.

This boy looked so kind. He had softer features. He was fairly tall and had a rounder face. His hair was light brown and curly. His eyes were a dark brown and held a lot of warmth. She immediately wanted to trust him. His lips were on the fuller side. The corners of his mouth were turned up into a small sympathetic smile, trying to reassure her. He was wearing a white t-shirt with some kind of design on it. Over that he wore a gray sweatshirt and over that, a white jacket. His pants were black jeans, the same as all of the other boys.

Come here by my side as the night unfolds

Now another dream approaches, little by little

I understand as if they are my own

He slowly offered his hand to her. She stepped forward to take it. She opened ready to ask a question. The boy brought his fingers up to her lips, silencing her. He tightened his grip on her hand and started walking down the hallway with her. She stumbled after him.

 

They walked for a few moments silence. She didn’t know what to do except follow him. She watched his face, looking for a sign, something that would tell her that he’s going to show her something. Every time he looked at her, he would give her a shy smile.

 

All of a sudden, a picture appeared in her mind. It was of her standing in front of her house with a moving truck in the driveway. Tears streaked down her cheeks.

She stumbled and would have fallen down if the boy didn’t have such a tight grip on her hand. She wanted to stop walking for a while but the boy just pulled her along.

 

She walked with her head down. Another image flashed in her mind. She was all alone in a dark room; she felt immense loneliness. She had no one.

 

Her legs almost gave out on her but he supported her.

 

More walking... another image. Tattered clothes, miserable, on the streets.

 

She collapsed. Her legs couldn’t support her anymore. The boy quickly caught her and held her against him. She buried her face into his chest.

 

What’s going to happen to her? How could her life have turned out like that?


He gathered her into his arms and continued down the hallway.