Faceless

Synchronization of Your Dreams

She stayed on the ground for awhile after that. Thankfully, that song hadn’t started playing. She needed some time to think about everything. After all this, did she really want to go back to that life? Maybe just staying here would be better. After all, these boys were here. She wouldn’t be alone and she felt as if they actually cared about her. Maybe they were doing this for her sake.

She stayed seated; she didn’t feel like moving. Maybe she’d just wait until she heard the song again. Hopefully it wouldn’t come soon.

She layed down and drifted to sleep.

~~~~

Inside a weak, flickering flame

The story that I’ve hidden really deep

Open its eyes

Through this song

Your dreams can be read

Which are awoken from a deep sleep

My seventh sense

She woke up and groaned. There it was. That horrible, beautiful, serene song. Slowly she stood up and stretched. She didn’t know how long she’d been sleeping. She was feeling a lot better after she woke up. Her racing thoughts had settled. When she thought of the images shown to her, she still felt pain. She was more content now. She didn’t feel tired anymore so she started moving onto the next room.

It wasn’t far away, just a small walk. She was thankful for that.

The next room couldn’t actually be considered a room. More like a hallway, it continued straight for a bit before a right turn. The walls were white bricks, not covered by sheets. There were long, vertical and horizontal lights stuck onto the wall. At the end of the hallway before the turn, there were window frames and a broken chair thrown haphazardly into the corner.

Oddly, no boy was in sight. Was this the end? Was she finally going to be able to get out of this eerie place? She was unsure so she just took a seat on the floor and waited.

And waited.

Until she heard footsteps from behind her. She was about to turn around when a pair of hands were carefully placed over her eyes. She stiffened and visions started to pop up in her head. Images of her parents arguing flashed in her mind. The illustrations stopped on a scene of her mother and father, seated at a table, with papers scattered in front of them. The scene started to play in her head. Her parents seemed to be discussing things in a polite, civil way. They were discussing selling the house, custody of her, and moving to separate cities.

She was numb. Not only was her whole world crumbling around her, now she had to move to a new city, live with only one parent and start her life all over.

The hands were pulled away from her face. She quickly turned around to see who the boy behind her was. She only caught a quick glimpse before he turned around and ran around the corner. From what she saw he was younger than the others, had black hair and was wearing a gray shirt. She couldn’t see the details of his face.

She had questions, and she was at the point where she was desperate for answers. She jumped up and started running down the hallway. She needed to find that boy. After running for a while and taking several turns through the hallway, she stopped. He was gone by now.

She was alone in the middle of the hallway. To her right was a very small room that only contained more window frames and various metal scraps.  She sighed and looked down the hallway. Preparing herself for the long journey that she felt was ahead. She was about to start walking when she heard footsteps that sounded like they were coming toward her. She hoped that it would be the boy that just showed her the visions of her parents.