Just Smile

Real 'Man'
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Amber's POV

"Sigh..."

I can't believe that just happened to me. I literally got caught in a questionable position with Ms. Jung, and what's mind boggling to me was that she doesn't look bothered by it at all. All of the other cadets were looking! I'm so embarrased! Argh!

I ruffled my hair in frustration. We were done with out tests, fortunately all of us passed. Ji Young unnie barely passed. Well...she is a bit older than most of us... Sorry unnie! hehe...

A hand patted my back, I looked around to see who it was. "Ha Sun unnie." I called.

"What's going on Amber? Trouble in paradise?" She giggled.

Tsk, she knew what happened and had the guts asking me?! I stared at her boringly, she just shrugged, her face literally said 'I don't care'.

"Unnie, it hasn't been a day, yet why do I feel like I've been here for years." I rubbed my palms on my face.

It's weird that all this happened only on the first day at this academy. We have only done a few tests but I'm already drained from all the excitement, fear, exhaustion you tell me. Ha Sun unnie nodded in understanding. She leaned her head to rest on my left shoulder.

Currently, we are waiting for the others to be dismissed by Ms. Jung. She had to discuss about some documents with the Platoon members. Mine was settled so I got to rest for a bit. 

"Amber, why do you think joining this academy will help you not getting bullied?" Ha Sun unnie asked curiously.

She was in the same group as me for the interview so she knew my answers.

In returned I leaned my head on hers, "I don't. Just hoping to be a bit brave. If I want to protect myself, naturally I would join any martial art classes am I right?" I felt her head moved to acknowledge my point.

"Plus, I need to get away from home. Those not so nice people were everywhere, gosh. I couldn't catch a break!" I grumbled under my breath. Unnie laughed softly. 

"You are such a lovely kid!" She pinched my cheeks. OMG, my cute cheeks...

"Yunnie. I suwgest chu shwtop." I tried to threathen with my cheeks still being pinched by her but she smiled mischievously. Oh oh...

"Or what? You going to tell Ms. Jung?" She raised both of her brows teasingly at me. Argh! So annoying. I pulled her hands on my cheeks and rubbed the redness away.

"Unnie, that's not funny." I pouted.

She snickered at my reaction regarding our beloved platoon instructor. Everybody saw what happened at the training ground, that's why she brought it up.

"Amber, I think by now it is safe to say that she likes you, and you buddy feel the same way." Her hand gave me small comforting pats on my back.

I crossed my arms trying to ignore what she said. She thinks I don't know that? I am very aware about what I'm feeling. But I figured I shouldn't act on it. Ms. Jung is our instructor, I will respect that. My feelings be damned. Just thinking about it already make me sad though...

Ha Sun unnie seemed to notice my silence so she didn't bother to say more. Right at the same time, the others came, rowdy as always.

"Hey Amz."

Da Hee unnie smacked my back quite hard I thought my brain dropped inside my skull. My beautiful hair, I combed my beautiful hair with my fingers while giving Da Hee the dirtiest look the Amber Liu could do. You would not believe how dirty it was. Maybe it would work if Da Hee unnie actually looked at me. How dare she missed the chance to see it just to flirt with Jiae unnie. Oh ho ho, what do we have here~

Well, they were bickering but I would like to imagine that they were flirting okay. Lover's quarrel.

I noticed they were getting close to each other with Da Hee unnie getting annoyed with the things Jiae unnie said. In my opinion, Da Hee unnie is dumb because clearly Jiae unnie was messing with her, and enjoying it. She liked that the tall girl reacted comically to whatever she said. A new couple in the making I would say myself. Trust the Great Amber Liu.

"Attention."

The voice that sent chills to everyone's spine made us all stood up, quickly lined up perfectly for Ms. Jung. It's almost funny when Youngmi unnie tripped on nothing but managed to pull herself together, standing straight in that serious face.

God, I can never take her seriously.

"Follow me."

Quick and short instruction was given. We followed her like baby chicks following their mama. Since I was at the most left of the line and also that's where she's heading, made me the first in the line to follow her, I get another chance to marvel her...ahem.

We don't talk about cream puffs here!

Shaking my head a little, trying my bestest best not to stare downwards but...

I haven't made up my not so clean mind yet before she stopped. I was this close to bumping into her, before I stopped, still able to catch her scent, maybe her shampoo...it smells nice.

Her soft hair slapped my face when she turned around to face us, to face me. I thought I saw her smirking at me as if she caught me doing something funny. I wasn't sure whether it was the time I was checking her...ahem, or me sniffing her hair like a creep, accidentally, I repeat ACCIDENTALLY sniffed her hair.

She crossed her arms while looking at each one of us making us sweat. 

"Look around cadets, what do you see?" She pointed the surroundings with her favourite baton. I glanced around, we were standing in the middle of a corridor. It looks like a dorm to me.

Youngmi unnie raised her hand. "Is this our dorm Maam?"

"Correct." Ms. Jung reached down her pocket for a key. She unlocked the door opposite of me. 

"Get inside cadets." 

I bravely walked inside followed by the others. There was nothing here but tall lockers for eight of us, four on the left and four on the right side of the room. Basically we sleep infront of our locker inside our sleeping bags on this wooden wood floor. I already miss my bed so much.

The princess suddenly pointed her baton at Ha Sun unnie.

"You cadet. From now on you are the team leader of Platoon 14."

She checked her nails as if she didn't just appointed Ha Sun unnie as the leader. Poor poor unnie was speechless until she finally found her voice to answer her.

"Y-Yes Maam!"

"Any rejections?" Ms. Jung glared at each one of us in case anyone didn't like the idea. Heck like we would say anything!

"No Maam!" We unanimously answered.

Feeling great that her Platoon members favours her choice of

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter