All In 3 Minutes

Real 'Man'
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Krystal’s POV

 

She walked down the hallway to her office. It was the first day upon meeting her platoon and she was already exhausted. She sat on her chair, flipping through pages of her cadets’ personal information. She scanned through each one of them. In her opinion, it is important for her to know her slaves (soldiers) before working them to their bones. Upon imagining their faces, she silently laughed at her cadets sufferings. How she can’t wait to start with the real training she prepared for them.

 

Still laughing to herself on that thought, a sudden knock on her door made her jumped. She fixed herself in front of the small mirror placed on her table, making sure she was presentable in case it was one of the higher ups. She kept the files she was looking at and called out, “Come in.”

 

“Hey little princess.” A man in his fifties appeared behind her door, smiling sweetly to her.

 

The girl quickly stood up with a shocked face.

 

“Da-…I mean Colonel.” She gave the old man a salute, standing straight in front of him.

 

He walked beside the younger girl and hugged her tight.

 

“Awww, my little princess is so cute. How have you been?” His happy smile spread across his face as he saw his lovely daughter after so long.

 

Colonel Jung Junho is Captain Krystal Jung Soojung’s father.

 

She reluctantly hugged him back, she knew she had to be professional at work. Of course, she missed him too but she didn’t want the others to see her interactions with the Colonel. She is sick hearing people talking about her behind her back and called her Daddy’s little princess. She heard rumours going around the academy that she is in her position now because of her dad’s influence, and that was not the case at all!

 

True, there were some higher ups sons and daughters had their connections and were able to get the positions they are in now even though they are not qualified for it.

 

Krystal was different. She worked for it, HARD.

 

She went through a lot of to get where she is right now. It is also true that she is Daddy’s little girl. The old man spoiled her too much and she couldn’t blame him at all, she was his one and only daughter. Her dad raised her up by himself after her mom left them years ago. She was never sad to begin with because she knew, living with her dad meant a lot of sleepless nights when he was on missions, continuous threats from the enemies. Krystal guessed her mom was lonely. Eventually, she left without saying anything. She wrote a letter for Krystal, saying how much she loved her and would do anything for her.

 

That was all years ago. She is currently living inside the academy while her dad often travels leaving her to her accord. It was fine, she grew accustomed to it.

 

“Colonel, welcome back. I thought you were still in Africa investigating the possible connection to the case.” She emphasised the case part to the Colonel, knowing that it was a very important mission given to him and his team by the government.

 

Currently, the Elites were busy travelling around the globe to gain more information on an organization that is a threat to the country. This organization might be involved with the person that she is looking for.

 

A pat on her head brought her back to reality.

 

“Aren’t you at least happy to see your old man Krystal.” The Colonel frowned at his daughter.

 

“It’s Captain Jung for you Colonel. Let’s keep it professional.”

 

“But Soojungie, I missed you so much.”

 

“Da-Colonel, Stop!” She blushed at her nickname. It’s been a while since anyone called her Soojungie.

 

“Okay, okay. Ahem, Captain how was your platoon?”

 

She sighed, “I think I need to include some special special trainings for them. To be honest, I am not happy with this year’s recruits. Who let them join anyways?”

 

“Captain, I entrust them to you. No matter how hard it is, I know you can do it. I believe everyone deserve a chance to prove themselves.”

 

“But Colonel, they are not fighters. It’s very obvious they won’t make it. They thought that this is a game.”

 

“Then, it is your job to train them to be worthy of the academy and our country.”

 

“Understood, Colonel. Have you had lunch yet?” Krystal was clearly frustrated, not wanting to drag the topic any longer.

 

“Aww, my Soojungie wants to have lunch with me?” He pinched Krystal’s cheeks, cooing at her intentionally, knowing that his daughter can be easily irritated by his childish demeanour. He can’t help it, he missed her so much, and his daughter is very stubborn on keeping it professional.

 

“No. Please eat and take your medicines. You are not getting any younger.” She gently swatted his hands away from her. “And I’m not a baby so stop it.” She was controlling herself not to roll her eyes at this adult baby Colonel.

 

“Yes, yes. That’s my girl. I am going to leave now.”

 

He turned away from the younger Jung before he halted and looked at his little princess.

 

“By the way, did you meet her?”

 

“Who?”

 

“You know who?” He teased while raising his eyebrows to his flustered daughter.

 

“I-I don’t know who are you talking about.” She answered calmly, afraid that the old man can read her mind.

 

“Oh well. Have fun. Don’t bully her too much.” He laughed heartily before exiting the Captain’s room.

 

The girl frowned at her dad and turned her gaze on top of her table where the files of her platoon was at. A specific person’s face was at the top. She unconsciously smiled at her nerdy picture. How can a person looked so nerdy and handsome at the same time. Her finger traced the picture lovingly, she knew she had to act fast without raising suspicions on others.

 

“Amber Liu… Finally, we meet.” She giddily walked back to her seat and continued her work, not wanting to be distracted by a certain someone’s picture anymore.


 

 

It was noon and the cafeteria was fully packed with soldiers, fellow officers and visitors. At the end of the room, the new recruits of Platoon 14 was laughing and having a great time, knowing each other while having their lunch.

 

“OMG, this is pretty good.” Jiae retorted with full of food.

 

“Aish, this girl. Learn some manners will you.” Dahee shoved a bunch of tissues in front of the girl.

 

Jiae took the tissues offered by Dahee. “Thank you, but I think you are the one that needs to learn some manners.” She replied calmly, continuing to shove a spoonful of rice in .

 

“What? Hey, I’m older than you, you know?!” Dahee could not believe this girl, she was just being concerned.

 

“Excuse me. How old do you think I am?” Jiae asked amusedly.

 

“Around 25 maybe. You just look younger to me.” Answered Dahee truthfully while taking a sip of her soup.

 

“I am flattered, but I’m actually 30 this year.”

 

“WHAT?!” The whole cafeteria was booming with their accidental shrieks and screams.

 

Bomi who has been quiet the whole time, savouring her meal finally opened after hearing this unbelievable fact.

 

“B-but unnie. You look so f*ucking young. Mind my language but damn.” She said obviously shocked by the sudden revelation.

 

Amber at this point is numb. She was not surprised by anything anymore. She already had enough in less than a few hours being in this academy.

 

Dahee on the other hand still had hanging with a spoon on her right hand, staring at the so called unnie. She was so sure Jiae was younger. Look at her, she’s hot as f*uck!

 

Seeing the reaction from her fellow cadets made Jiae giggled to herself, especially at Dahee’s reaction. She reached out her hand to close Dahee’s still hanging jaw with her pointed finger.

 

“Now Dahee. Please take good care of unnie yes?” She didn’t mean for it to be flirtatious but it came out that way. Dahee undoubtedly gulped at the woman’s action and quickly shook her head of. She released a fake cough and mumbled, “S-sorry…unnie.”

 

Jiae thought that was very cute of Dahee, so she unconsciously patted her head gently, “Good girl.”

                                                                                                                                

“Look at here. Someone is flirting.” Bomi cupped and laughed silently at Jiae and Dahee interations.

 

Youngmi joined the teasing, “Huh, new couple is created in less than-” she took a peek at her wrist. “-in less than 4 hours.” She clasped her hands happily.

 

Platoon 14 was having a blast in the short amount of time given to them.

 

“Hey. What do you guys think about our instructor.” Asked Yewon curiously at her team member. As someone who was late on her first day, she only got to know the younger girl for quite a bit than the rest of the team.

 

Hearing that made Amber almost choked on her kimchi. Jiyoung quickly handed Amber her glass of water. Amber looked at her in appreciation, “Thanks unnie.” She smiled.

 

The others were eyeing Amber amusingly because they knew the younger girl was smitten by their so called Hell Instructor. Youngmi once again in her playful mood, “Instructor Jung is very y don’t you think so?”

 

Amber, again choked on her water next. She glared at Youngmi as she knew what the girl was trying to do to her.

 

The others caught on quite fast, much to Amber’s dismay.

 

“I think Ms. Jung is very cool. She’s the Captain for goodness sake. Did anyone see her skin? I’d die for a skin like that.” Bomi talked so fast, the others almost couldn’t catch up to her.

 

“She is scary to me. I felt like she’s watching me everywhere I go.” Jiae stated as it gave goose bumps for all of them. They automatically started to look around the cafeteria for a familiar face. Thank God she is not here.

 

“Ahem, Amber. How do you feel about Ms. Jung?” Here comes the question everybody’s waiting for.

 

Amber gave a quick glare to Dahee. “Gee, thanks guys.”

 

“Haha. Come on Amber. Just tell us already.” Bomi nudged her side, making Amber sighed in defeat.

 

She played with the hem of her shirt, “I-I think she is…alright?”. A slight cough at the end indicating that she was not telling the whole truth.

 

The others just hummed at her response and she panicked. “W-what do you want me to say?”

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter