Time

H E A R T . V A C A N C Y
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Time is a friend and an enemy. It won't go just as how you wants. Fast and it'll be slow. Slow and...Well, you get what I mean. Time constantly chase after us while we run from it's unending loop of circles

 

 

♦TIME♦

 

 

Dear god, give me strength to meet the girls. For a guy like me who hasn't been around many girls, this is a huge deal for me. I need to impress them as Seulgi's boyfriend. I can't screw this up. They would think of me as a weird guy...which I'm not...or am I? Wait, no I have to stop over-thinking. I looked at the clock and it was already past 3AM. I've been sitting on my bed for 4 hours now. I'm more nervous than I have during performances.

 

Jimin: Mom, I need your advice again.

 

Yup, I always ask my mom for advice. I know I should ask those at my age but news headline, I don't have any! It's not a bad thing though. My mom has been giving me good advice. That's how I manage to successfully confess to Seulgi. I closed my eyes and tried to sleep but I had too much thoughts. Thinking...Thinking...Thinking...And I somehow opened my eyes. I guess I fell asleep. I got my phone and received a few text messages from Seulgi

 

Baby, good morning! What time are you coming over? 
                                                                           9AM

Are you still sleeping? Or are you busy outside at the moment?
                                                                                   10:30AM

The girls keep asking me where you are. Where are you exactly? 
                                                                                    12:10PM

Jimin, you're making me worried. Call me when you're free.
                                                                                1:05PM

 

So much for the night thoughts. I gave Seulgi a call so that she wouldn't be worried anymore. I told her that I couldn't get a good sleep, not because of overthinking, but because my neck was hurting...which it had healed completely. I told her that I would be right over after preparing. The call didn't end there. 

 

...So what should I wear? 

...Should I buy anything for the girls?

...Do you think they will like me?

 

Seulgi eventually found out that I was nervous about this. She probably found out yesterday but it was really obvious this time. She gave me some comforting words which was effective...for a short while. I hung up the call and prepared myself before leaving. I stopped by some shops since it was not right to visit someone empty-handed. Not long after, I headed to their dorm. I was now outside their door. I took a deep breath and was about to knock when the door opened.

 

Yeri and Joy: Welcome~

Jimin: Oh...Uhmm...Hello there..

 

I shyly bowed to them. They lead me inside their dorm. My hands were full with gifts but they were not interested in them. They had uncontrollably teasing expression all over their faces. Seulgi approached me as we shared an awkward moment together. Normally, we would be hugging but in front of her members, we hesitated. Seulgi went a little closer to me while I reach out my arms and carress her back

 

Girls: ...Omo, did you see that~ ...This is so awkward! ...This is real. Seulgi unnie has a boyfriend!

 

Hearing their honest opinions after seeing us together, I let out a shy smile. I didn't believe that Seulgi was a solo since birth but from what her members said, it was real after all. I followed the girls to their living room. Seulgi and I sat on the sofa while the girls either sat on the floor or the other sofa.

 

Irene: Sorry about that but we are just excited. We welcome you, Jimin-shi

Jimin: We met many times at music stations but never really talked. It's nice to meet all of you too

 

It got quiet again. I quickly shifted the attention to the gifts. I gave the members flower-scented perfumes. It was my first time buying presents for girls but they all had smiles on their faces so it was a great choice. For Seulgi, I gave her a bouquet of baby breaths. Now, the members had an envious face. Seulgi didn't notice as she was still admiring the flowers

 

Jimin:*got closer to Seulgi* You like it?

Seulgi: *shifts her attention to me* Yeah. *smiles* Thanks babe

 

Seulgi must have forgotten that the members were around us. It was too late when she realised what she called me. The members were acting all chaotic over a word. Babe. Seeing their reactions was cute. It made me feel less tense.  Joy and Yeri couldn't take the cheesiness that they decided to leave to the kitchen to prepare food and drinks for us. While they were gone,...

 

Irene: Seulgi-ah, you've changed. I didn't expect you to be calling someone *imitates Seulgi* babe~

Seulgi: Pshh unnie.

 

Yeri and Joy soon joined back with us. While eating, we were all chatting over various topics. The atmostphere got more comfortable as time passes.

 

Yeri: Jimin-shi, how's being with Seulgi unnie?

Jimin: It's been the happiest days of my life, really

 

The girls were in all smiles when they heard my response. I wanted to prove to them that I love Seulgi. I needed their trust that I could be the guy for her. 

 

Seulgi: He's good with his words isn't he! So sweet~ *clings her arms around my arms*

 

Seulgi has loosened up and became her normal self when she was around me. I was still a little stiff and did small skinships like holding hands or placing my hands on her back. I guess in front of our members, we were both taking the initiative to lead to make each other comfortable.

 

Wendy: Wah this girl. Doing this in front of Irene unnie who should have a boyfriend first

 

The girls kept asking us how we began to like each other and other typical couple questions. Since we were the first member in each group to be in a relationship, it must have made a big impact for them to be certain that we were serious about each other. After all, idols being together had always placed a huge stake in hand. Slowly, they got even deeper into the questions.

 

Wendy: If you two get caught and everybody know, what will you do?

Yeri: Ay of course the company will protect them no matter what

Jimin: Yes, that is if we tell them to keep us a secret

 

Seulgi looked at me and I looked back to her. The silence began filling the room. Both of us have talked about this matter alot and each time, we would say that we will stick to each other no matter what. But we knew it was more complicated than that. It will not be as easy. Still, I stay strong to my heart. I interlocked my hands with Seulgi's. 

 

Jimin: Staying quiet or denying will do more damage to us. It's already suffocating for us to hide from the public eye. If we could, I want everyone to know about us. I want our fans to see that we are still the same person. Working hard for our groups, just the only difference is that we have found our other halves. 

 

Seulgi nodded her head in agreement. We were both young but this relationship wasn't just for experience. It was real. With her, I can see myself doing greater things like being a family man. 

 

Wendy: You two don't need to worry about us. We're supporting the both of you. Just be happy

 

 

And that's what we did when the end of year awards began. Red Velvet and BTS would sit close to each other. Somehow that's how we were allocated. At times, the cameras would focus on BTS but Seulgi would also appear since she was behind me. I looked at the big screen and smiled slightly. It was the first time we appeared on screen together. 

 

Jimin: *whispers to Jungkook* Hey have you seen Seulgi?

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter