Chapter 22

Bokeh

Chapter 22: The rest of our lives


CHANYEOL

"Hey, Kana? Are you okay?" I asked. She’s slowly sinking to the ground so I walked and approached her. I held her should but she shoved me away.

"Stay back!" I exclaimed.

"Something's wrong! How can I not hold back?!" I replied and caught her when she almost fell. My eyes widen seeing her face. She’s white as snow. "Hey! What's wrong?! You're pale!"

"Kana!" I hear Yoo Han's voice. He’s approaching. He takes Kana away from me and carries her. "Let's get you home." He says.

"What's wrong with her Yoo Han?" I asked. Kana held on to Yoo Han and opened her eyes. She looks so weak and it looked like it’s hard for her to move even the smallest muscle on her body. Yoo Han nods and started to walk away.

"It's not your business what is even wrong with her." He replied. Now that provoked me. I caught up and stood in front of him.

"As for what my brain can remember, everything about her is my business." He stops and sighs.

"I don't have time for this now Chanyeol! Kana's in pain so move !” He walks to my side and walked to his car. He takes Kana in and I watch him from afar. 

 

KANA

Yoo Han walks pass through Chanyeol. He placed me at the backseat and opens his kit. He grabs my medicine and gives me a bottle of water. "Take this for now. It will induce the pain."

I did as I am told and took the medicine. I chugged on the water and leaned on the seat panting. He takes my vitals and checked my beating. "You're being a doctor to me right now.. thank you..."

"Shh." He my hair and smiled. "Just rest okay? I'll take you home."

I nod and I hear him close the door. I watch him as he walks to the driver’s seat and starts the car. He places his tux on me and told me to sleep.

- - - - - - - - - - 

CHANYEOL

I follow Yoo Han's car as he drive Kana back home. Something's up with Kana. She must be sick after all of the work that she has to do at the hospital. For all of the patients that she has to attend to. The car pulls over to the side and Yoo Han walks to the other side. I watch from afar as he carries Kana to his arms. She's asleep. She looks so weak. I hope she's okay. I get off my car and walk to the doorstep. I wait. I don't knock. I stand in front of the door hesitating to knock. I'm afraid of what I may see if I open this door. I'm afraid that I might see Yoo Han fitting Kana and Soah’s life perfectly.

The door opens and Baekhyun comes out. He looks at me in surprise and froze. "What- Chanyeol, why are you here?"

"Kana, she fainted. Is she okay?"

"Yes. Yoo Han just talked to me and she's fine. He told me it was just fatigue so."

"I see." I look down. I'm glad she's okay. But I wanted to see her. I want to hold Kana.

"Do you want to see her?" I look up. Every part of me brightened up after hearing Baekhyun's question. "I can let you see her for a bit."

"Thanks." He steps to the side and welcomes me inside. We walk to her room as Yoo Han walks out from it. It looked like Lu Han hyung coming out from Kana's room when I look at him.

"Why are you here?" He asks.

"I'll let him see Kana for a bit." Baekhyun talks for me. Yoo Han didn't reply and steps to the side.

I enter the room and Kana's lying at her bed, sleeping soundly. I hear the door close. I reached out to her cheeks. She looks so pale. I lean closer and pressed my lips to her forehead. I shut my eyes close and hold her close to me. "Kana, everything will be okay." I whispered and lay down next to her. I tug a lock of her hair to her ear and stare at her. "I'll get you back Kana. I  definitely will."

- - - - - - - - - - 

KANA

I woke up with the breath of Soah beside me. She smiles and moves closer to my chest. "Good Morning honey."

"Mommy was sleeping late today." She replies and sits up. "Is mommy hungry?" I caress her hair and look at her. Soah, I want you to grow up fast so that mommy can see you as you grow. You'll be a beautiful lady someday and I will always be proud of you. "Mommy?"

I sit up and kissed her. "I am.” I looked at the measurement wall that I’ve put up to her and walked closer. “Soah, let’s take your height shall we?”

“But Mommy, it’s not my birthday yet.” She replied and carefully goes down the bed. I hand my hand for her and she takes it. She stands straight on the wall and I grabbed a pencil on my desk.

“Let’s not move okay?” I say. I marked her measurement and smiled. “You grew since your last birthday honey.”

She smiles as she looks at her measurement. “Soah will be a big girl soon mommy!”

“I’m sure you will.” I smiled back. “Let's go and make our breakfast okay?"

"Yes!"

"But first, let's get you out of your PJs okay?"

"Mm!" She jumps off the bed and runs to her room. "Mommy, I want to wear this!" She gives me her unicorn t-shirt and I took it.

"Alright then." I replied and grabbed her bottoms from her closet. "Arms up Soah!"

"Soaring high! Soah is soaring high!" I chuckle as I take off her PJs and help her change into her clothes.

"Done!" We both say in unison and laughed. I take her close to me and kissed her.

"Mommy loves you very very much Soah. Don't you ever forget that okay?" I cup her cheeks and stare at her.

"I know mommy. Soah loves you very very much too!"

I carry her downstairs and I saw a note on the counter.

 

I'll notify the chief. You don't have to work today. Rest and spend it with Soah okay?

   - Yoo Han

 

I smile and placed the note on my pocket. "Soah, it looks like Mommy doesn't have to work today."

"Really?! Mommy, I don't have school too!"

"Looks like we have our day to ourselves."

"Mm!" Soah smiles and sits in the chair as I start preparing breakfast.

"So, what do you want to do today?"

"I want to learn how to bike Mommy!"

I nod and placed bread on the toaster. I pressed it down and walked to where the pan is. I turn the stove on and heat it up. "Alright. We'll head to the park today then honey." I reply. I'll start making memories for Soah right now.

- - - - - - - - - - 

CHANYEOL

I grabbed a towel to dry my hair, ruffling it against my hair. I walk to my room and opened my closet when my phone rang.

"Hello? Oh, Soah." I put the towel down and took a seat on the bed.

"Uncle.." Soah replied in whisper. I chuckled and continued listening to her.

"Why are you whispering?"

"This is a secret! Mommy doesn't know that I'm calling!"

"I see." I smile as I continue to entertain her idea. "So, what will be the surprise?"

"Mommy and I will go to the park to go biking today."

"But isn't she going to work?"

"Mommy says she's not going to the hospital today. She says she's spending the day with Soah."

"I see."

"Can you go with us Uncle?"

"I don't think your Mom will like it though."

"I'll take care of Mommy! Just come okay uncle?"

We both hang up and I put my phone away. I grab something to wear and started to change on it. I haven't done surprises in ages.