Chapter 15

Bokeh

Chapter 15: Espied


CHANYEOL

I stood up and pick up my things after editing the pictures. I didn't notice that I've been here for long.

"Uncle Chanyeol!" I looked around hearing that familiar voice. A voice that brings joy to me.

"Soah?" I smile seeing her. I carried her to my arms and hugged her tight. It's been so long. "Soah! Oh god look at you! You've grown so pretty! How old are you now princess?"

"Seven. I'm seven years old uncle." She holds up his fingers showing me that she's seven. I smile. I miss this girl so bad. So bad that I can see her in Soah.

"Soah." My joy fades seeing the source of that voice. He's here and he's taking Soah here. "Let's go. Mommy's waiting. She's sick right?"

"Oh right!" I put her down as well as my heart. She's sick. I know I am not supposed to be worrying about her. She hurt me like hell. Now she's with him. She left me for him. Lu Han hyung's twin. "Uncle, we have to go. Mommy's sick! I have to give this to mommy or it will melt. I'll tell mommy that you said hi-"

"No. Don't tell her." I lower down in front of her and hold her hand. "You don't need to tell her that you saw me. You definitely must not okay? It will be our little secret Soah."

She frowns. Soah's sad about this and I don't like her being sad. "You don't love Mommy anymore. Mommy still loves you. She cried when we left. Mommy is-"

"Soah enough. Let's go." Yoohan took her from me and left. Soah took my heart with her because as much as I wanted to run after them and ask how Kana is doing, my brain is telling me not to. Because she just hurt the hell out me and I don't think I can forgive her just yet.

- - - - - - - - - - 

KANA

I gasped. The glass slipped through my hand. I lower down to pick up the pieces and got cut. I winced in pain and heard the door open.

"Mommy!" Soah comes in running with a paper bag at hand. I stand and open my arms welcoming her back.

"Hello sweetie. How's your day?"

"It was fun." She replied and placed her hand on my forehead. "Mommy, you're still quite hot."

I smile and nod. "Yes, I had a slight fever Soah."

"We got this for you." She hands me the paper bag and I peeked inside it. It's shaved ice.

"You bought this for me?" She nods.

"You always let me eat cold and sweet foods whenever I get fever."

"Thank you." I say.

"What's wrong with your hand Kana?" Yoohan pointed.

"Oh, the glass slipped through my hand and I broke it. I'm trying to clean it up but ended up being cut." I chuckled. He grabs my hand and glared at me.

"You should've been more careful. What if it cuts you deep?"

I already have a wound that it too deep that it won't even heal.

I smile and take my hand back washing it at the sink. He sighs placing his hands on his waist. "Stay here. I'll get the kit."

I sat on the chair near the counter and helped Soah do so too. I looked at her and she seemed to be looking at me for how many times.

"Something the matter Soah?"

"O..Oh! Nothing Mommy." She replied and played with her finger. Yoohan returns with the kit on his hand and stood at the other side of the counter. He placed the kit in front of me and walked to the sink to wash his hands. I smiled while watching him.

"You realize that you're just going to treat my wound." I say chuckling.

"I know. I need to disinfect my hand first."

"You mean wash."

He closes the faucet and wipes his hand with the towel. "Doctor thing." He said and sat in the chair in front of me. He takes my hand and wipes the blood off my fingers then pours disinfectant in it. I winced a bit which causes him to stop. "It's deep."

"Yeah, I accidentally picked it up."

"I doubt the word accidentally." He replied and continued working on my hand. He finishes the dressing part and looks at me. "I am forbidding you to use glass cups."

"That's too much."

"You have cups made of plastics. Just use that."

"You're over reacting."

"Can we eat now? I'm hungry!" Soah cuts in and we both chuckled. Yoohan cleans the counter and throws the trash on the bin.

"I'm cooking for dinner tonight."  He says rummaging through our fridge. The door opens and Soah brightens up.

"Uncle Baekhyun!" Baekhyun comes in and I smile as he carries Soah.

"Hello little princess! How's my favorite niece?"

"You don't have any other niece but me uncle."

"Oh right." I laugh and walked to him. "How are you? Heard you're sick."

"I'm fine." I replied.

"She still is." Yoohan says and I rolled my eyes. My brother touches my forehead and looks me straight in my eyes. His look is piercing right through me.

"You instruct people to be healthy when it is ironic that a doctor doesn't know how to be healthy."  He's nagging. It's annoying.

His phone rings and I saw the caller. It's Chen. He puts Soah down and he looks at me and he is now placing his phone back to his pocket. "You don't have to hide it. I don't mind."

"You don't. I do." He says but I grabbed his phone and answered it.

"Hello?" I say and he's glaring at me.

"Hand it over Kana. Now." He hands out his hand but I ignore him.

"Oh, he'll come. Yeah I'm sure. He misses all of you. Yep. Alright. Miss you too. Thanks. Bye." I hang up and place the phone on his palm. "Seven thirty at Blanc Monte hotel. Don't be late."

His jaw drops and scoffs. "You can't decide for me Kana."

"I just did."

- - - - - - - - - - 

I glanced at the clock and it's seven fifteen. Only fifteen minutes until my brother can see them again. I want to go. I want to see him. I miss him. I know I have hurt him because of me being a coward but I can't help but to miss him so bad. I hear the car engine starts and it's like a magnet pulling me to the window. I looked down and he's leaving. He left. My hearts sinks. I want to see him. But will he come? He will right? But how will I know?

I jump at the sound of my door opening. "Why are you so surprised?" Yoohan leans at my doorframe with his arms crossed. His eyes moves from the window going to me. "You miss him don't you?"

"I..I don't." Byun Kana is a big liar. You miss him so bad. Hell as bad as you think it is.

"Kana, you-" he was cut by the sound of my phone ringing. I have never been so glad at my phone ringing when it's always been ringing because of calls of emergencies. And I have never been this happy seeing who's calling me right now.

"MEILEE!" I squealed in happiness. I've never been so happy seeing her call again. She has some troubles setting up minutes to call me for updates from where she is as she finishes her residency from another country.

"Whoa, never heard you been so happy since I left." She says and I smiled. "I've come back just now and I want to see you right now. I want to have you for myself and not even my cousin is allowed to break that." I chuckled.

"Where are you?"

"I'm still at the airport. Care to pick me up and mind going somewhere? I wanted to try a place that I saw somewhere."

"Sure. Be there in a few." I say and hang up. I grin and Yoohan smiles as he stares at me.

"I was about to tell you that she's here. She never fails to tell you before me."

"Can you drive me there? I think I'm better now." He chuckles and nods.

"Fine. But call me if something happens. Your fever might go back."

I run to him and hugged him. "Oh thank you Yoohan!" He laughs and told me to dress up and I did. After fixing myself I saw that Mom is here.

"Mom!" I said and hugged her.

"Heard that Meilee went back?" I nod and she smiles. "Enjoy sweetie. I'll look after Soah for you." I smile and nod. I headed out and saw Yoohan waiting in tbe car for me.

"Ready?" I nod and he steps on the accelerator.

"Do you think she'll find what I wear okay? Do I look that I'm still sick? Don't tell her that I got sick okay? I don't want her to worry since she just came back." Yoohan laughs and ruffles my hair.

"I don't think you look sick. You still look beautiful Kana. And don't think much. You look even more beautiful than her." I flush at his statement but I just smiled and thanked him.

We arrived at the airport and I saw her waiting at the bench. She sees us and stands opening her arms wide for me. "Mei!" I called and hugged her.

"I've missed you unnie!"

"I've missed you too." I replied. Yoohan follows and smiles and Meilee.

"You look well. Have you been eating much there?" He teases and I laugh.

"Shut up oppa." She replied and shifted her eyes to me. "So, I have a place that I want to go. You can go right? Auntie is looking after Soah right?"

I smile and nod. "Yeah. I can go."

"Good." She says and looks at Yoohan. "Now Mr. Lu, you are going to drive for us tonight. Get my things for me okay? Oh and where's the car?"

Yoohan looks at her in disbelief and I laugh. He pressed the remote and the car makes a sound. "Oh there it is. Come on unnie!" She grabs me and I looked back at Yoohan taking Meilee's luggage. I kind of feel bad for him carrying all that. He smiled telling me that he's fine so I nod. You always make things fine Yoohan.

- - - - - - - - - - 

CHANYEOL

I'm here again. How many times have I been inside a bar in this week? And don't get me started on how many times I grab hold of a shot glass and drink as much as I can. My alcohol tolerance has gone up, I think. I walk inside and scanned the booths for signs of the guys. I stopped at the person that I saw inside the booth. Baekhyun's here. He met eyes with me and smiles and I nod. I was worried on how he will treat me when he sees me today but I'm glad he's not letting the past hinder our friendship.

"Hey." I say taking the place beside him. He offers me his fist and I fist bump him.

"Hey. I can see that you're awful." I laughed and shake my head. He never fails to make me feel good with his statements.

"Been long since I've seen you both like that. Missed that bromance." Kai said.

"SHUT UP." Baekhyun said and grabbed a glass. He looks at it and puts it down.

"Why? Not drinking anymore?" I asked.

"I have to drive back." He replied. "She's alone at home and I can't leave her alone." I can tell that he hesitated in answering me. He doesn't want things to be awkward between us and I hate that I am making it that way.

"Drink! Drink! Drink!" The guys chanted and I rolled my eyes, taking the glass away from him.

"Ohhh, black knight. One hell of a bromance indeed." Sehun said and I threw chips in his direction.

"Still grumpy my dear." I looked up and saw Hye Jin. She scoots beside me and linked her arms with me. It's getting annoying. I am starting to regret why I fell drunk and made out with her that night. But I can't blame myself. Sometimes I need Hye Jin. She understands me when I feel so damn as hell.

"Why are you here?"

She chuckles. "I'm always here. I should be the one asking you that. I saw you guys from over there."

Baekhyun takes the glass and poured himself a drink. He glares at me as he drinks it. He hates that I am with Hye Jin. He doesn't like her. I can't blame him. He's my best friend and I haven't seen him in ages. I stand and told Hye Jin to follow me. We stand at the corner and I looked at her.

"Look Hye Jin, I think I may have to reiterate things to you again. I don't feel anything about you okay? And I won't let other girls make me feel anything again. I don't like that. I already explained it to you."

"I know." She grins. She steps closer and her hands are making their way to my neck.

"Hye Jin stop. I don't like you being like this."

"I am only like this whenever I am with you Chanyeol." She's inches closer and we're kissing. I leaned back to stop her.

"Hye J-" the glass that broke made me stop and caught my attention. I glanced behind me and she's here. Kana's here.