Hush (Final/Part 3)

Sarang
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"I really hope you enjoyed having dinner with my father and I, Mo Yeon ah." Si Jin said, as he and Mo Yeon entered her humble abode. The latter placed her favorite, brown shoulder bag on top of the coffee table as she turned to look at her boyfriend. 

"Of course I enjoyed." Mo Yeon smiled warmly. "I'm glad your father likes me."

Si Jin let out a small laugh as he caressed his girlfriend's face and moved closer. 

"See? There's nothing you should be worried about. Your Dr. Kang Mo Yeon, after all. My funny, smart and beautiful girlfriend." He smiled, planting a soft kiss on Mo Yeon's lips. Though the latter wanted to kiss him back, all she could think about was what Mr. Yoo had told her back at the Yoo residence; how Si Jin had been so close to his mother, how he took her death too hard, and how he'd avoid staying at home as much as possible because everything there reminded him of her. Mo Yeon's curiosity was starting to get the best out of her, though, and it didn't take too long for Si Jin to notice. 

"Are you okay?" Si Jin asked, after breaking off their kiss. "I know there's something running through your mind right now."

"It's nothing." Mo Yeon tried to shake off her curiosity, worried that her boyfriend's mood might change if she brought up such topic. "Um.. I just wanted to ask if you're going to stay the night."

"I always do." Si Jin answered. "Wae? Don't you want me here anymore?"

"Aniyo.. Of course, I want you here." Mo Yeon replied, wrapping her arms around Si Jin's waist as she looked up to meet his beautiful, brown eyes. "I just.."

"You want to ask me about my mother, don't you?" Si Jin said, as if he had read Mo Yeon's mind. He was always like that. He seemed to know everything that was running through Mo Yeon's mind and she couldn't help but think if he was a soldier-slash-mind reader at times. 

"I heard everything that my father told you. Don't worry, I'm not upset." He added. 

"I just.. I was just wondering why you've never openly talked about your mother to me." Mo Yeon said. "I know that there are some aspects of your life that you can't openly share to me, and I understand but.. I really want to know about her." 

Si Jin breathed heavily. This was the first time that he was going to share about his mother ever since she had passed away 5 years ago. He never really wanted to talk about it, but he knew that Mo Yeon deserved to know. If there was someone in this entire world that he knew he could trust, it would have to be her and no one else. 

"But.. if you don't want to talk about it, I won't-"

"Gwaenchanha." Si Jin held Mo Yeon's hand gently. "I want you to know, Mo Yeon. You deserve to know."

&&&

As Si Jin prepared himself for what would seem to be a long night, Mo Yeon brought out their favorite beer and heated some left-over Yangnyeom chicken from last night's movie marathon. She knew that opening up about his personal life was quite difficult for Si Jin, so she wanted him to feel as comfortable and "at home" as possible. 

A small smile found its way on Si Jin's face as the chicken and beer were placed right in front of him. Not only did he have a funny flashback of the night he had brought home a very drunk Mo Yeon who suggested that they have chicken and beer, but as h

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter