Reunion

Sarang
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Today had been a pretty hectic day for Dr. Kang Mo Yeon as she headed two major operations at the Haesung Hospital; one done in the morning, and the other in the afternoon. After she had successfully operated on her second patient, Mo Yeon tossed her bloody surgical gloves inside a trash bin and took a deep breath. 

Today's been a really long day for her, but her shift was far from over. She just couldn't find it in herself to want to head home after her boyfriend, Major Yoo Si Jin, had left for the department store two weeks ago. With their memories painted all over her house, she couldn't get the rest that she needed, because of the worry that continued to fill her mind and her heart, so working all day and all night until he returned seemed like the best distraction. She was used to it anyway. 

"Are you sure about taking the 24 hour shift?" Dr. Pyo Ji Soo, Mo Yeon's best friend, asked as she started pouring wine into the latter's mug. "I know you're used to working this much, but have you taken a good look at yourself in the mirror lately? Mo Yeon ah, you're starting to look like a zombie. You might actually scare your patients, rather than cure them."

Mo Yeon let out a small laugh in reply. 

"How long has it been?" Dr. Pyo asked, the moment she had noticed the smile wearing off of her best friend's face. 

"Two weeks." Mo Yeon answered, fiddling with the handle of her mug. "You know what, I don't even know why I'm worried. It's not like he died or something, right? I mean, he was dead for almost a year and managed to come back. What's two weeks?"

Despite trying to laugh it off, Dr. Pyo knew how worried her best friend was. It wasn't easy having a soldier as a boyfriend, after all. She saw how Mo Yeon struggled to keep her composure whenever Si Jin would bid her goodbye at the hospital, and Dr. Pyo's heart bled as her best friend would shed a lot of tears the moment her boyfriend would leave; his return always uncertain. 

"Gwaechanha." Dr. Pyo said, gently squeezing her best friend's hand on the table. "I'm sure he'll come back. He always does."

Mo Yeon sighed. 

"Si Jin and I have been in a relationship for quite some time now, but the waiting still kills me." She admitted. "It's just so difficult, you know. To act like I'm okay, to act like I'm not worried that something bad must've happened to him.. that he might not come back. It's just so so difficult. It's physically and emotionally draining, and I'm so helpless, but there's nothing I can do but bear all this because I love him, Ji Soo. He's my everything, and I just can't afford to lose him again."

Despite trying her hardest not to cry, Mo Yeon couldn't fight the tears that were falling from her eyes. Dr. Pyo slowly wheeled towards her best friend and gave her a tight and comforting hug.  

"Mo Yeon ah, uljima." The latter said, gently patting her best friend's back. "Just trust Si Jin, okay? I'm sure he won't allow himself to die again."

"He better, because I've had enough of him dying and it's traumatizing me." Mo Yeon responded, gently breaking off the hug. 

"I just miss him.. so much." She sighed. 

Dr. Pyo patted her best friend's back in reply. 

"I'm sure he misses you too."

&&&

After getting off

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter