Too Happy For Words

Hope For Tomorrow

Taeyeon’s POV

A Day Later, 2:11 PM

 

“Taeyeon, it’s disgusting to look at you right now,” I heard Sooyoung say in disgust as she laid down on the sofa with Yuri. Right now, it was only me and those two. Hyoyeon and Seohyun went off to Neverland or something like that.

I giggled. “Why?” I said happily while I opened the cupboards to find my bag of chips that I was saving for today. “Hey, where’s my chips?”

“If you mean the ones in the cupboards, I ate them,” said Sooyoung who just finished eating a bag of cookies.

“Oh. Well…that’s okay!” I said. I smiled at her to show that I forgave her for her shikshin habits.

Sooyoung slammed her hand on the sofa. “See! That’s what I’m talking about!” she exclaimed in an angry tone. “You see that, Yuri?”

“What?” I asked, surprised.

“You’re too happy. Too happy. And it’s creeping me out. You’re not even mad at me for eating your food or calling you shortie! Who am I supposed to tease now?!”

Lalalalala Lalalalala 1 2 3 4 5 6~

My smile grew wider as I grabbed my phone off of the kitchen table. “I got a text. Hehe~” I announced.

“Yeah, so?” asked Sooyoung.

I giggled as I read the text from Tiffany. Yup, Tiffany.

From: Tiffany

Hey, Taeyeon. ^^

How are you? :) Can you come over today???

To: Taeyeon

I noticed Sooyoung over my shoulder, reading Tiffany’s text. “Tiffany? You mean, that Tiffany. How on earth did you of all people manage to actually make her talk?” she asked.

“She’s so cute, isn’t she?” I said, in a state of bliss.

Sooyoung rolled her eyes as I started to reply back to Tiffany.

To: Tiffany

Of course, I can come over!!!

“No, you can’t,” said Sooyoung as she was watching me.

“What do you mean?”

“Hello? Remember? Narsha unnie called us in…again,” said Yuri, who was aiming her toy gun at me.

“Oh…Aish, I completely forgot.” I slapped myself on the forehead.

I felt a toy dart hit my head. “Nice job, dork,” said Yuri, loading another toy dart into her gun.

I rubbed my head. “Hey, let’s invite Tiffany and the others to come with us,” I suggested.

I could see Yuri’s face perk up after hearing my suggestion. Score. “Why not?” I heard Yuri say.

“Sweet,” I grinned.

Now back to replying to Tiffany.

To: Tiffany

I can’t come over…T__T

I forgot I made plans with Sooyoung and Yuri heheheh~

But you can come with us! Can you???

From:Taeyeon

“And sent,” I muttered to myself. I placed my phone on the table and waited…five seconds. Ten seconds…I checked my phone. No text. I was obviously being too excited over a dumb text…a few more minutes passed. “She didn’t reply back,” I frowned.

“Oh. My. God. I think I’m going to puke watching you act like this,” Sooyoung gagged.

“This is like watching a couple on some dumb drama. Except it’s only you,” commented Yuri.

“Yesterday was…the best day of my life. Your insults have nothing on me now,” I said in a confident manner.

Sooyoung snorted. “Yeah? What’d you do? Confess?” She asked while taking a large swig from her can of Cola.

“W-well. I did…kinda?”

Next thing I knew, Sooyoung was on the ground, grabbing her nose. “Aughh. Look what you did, Taeyeon! Got soda up my nose…”

Another dart hit my head. “Seriously? You actually confessed? You? Confessing?” sputtered Yuri in disbelief.

“Gee. Thanks for your support, guys. I’m soo happy you have faith in me,” I said, sarcastically. “And, I mean, I didn’t…really. Well, I did but…”

“It’s a yes or no question,” said Yuri.

“Yes…I mean no. Ugh. Well, I told her that I-I…you know…like her? But I don’t think she heard me!” I explained.

Yuri gave me a blank face. “Explain,” she demanded.

I sighed. Where were those automatic flashbacks when you needed them?  

“…Tiffany…I love you. Saranghae.

…I did not just say that. Oh, no. No. No. No. NO. Why does my mouth run at the worst times? Oh crap, there goes my heart again going a million heartbeats a second.

Is she going to freak out over what I said? Does it even matter? My speech before that was practically a love confession!  Arrgh!

Calm down. Calm down, Taeyeon. Calm yourself the down. Tiffany didn’t say anything yet. You’re safe.

Besides Tiffany not saying anything, she wasn’t doing anything either. Her quiet sobs were no longer heard and there was pretty much silence. Loosening my tight grip on Tiffany, I noticed that Tiffany was asleep. Now, whether or not she heard me say I loved her…I hope she didn’t.

Tiffany was fast asleep, with her head resting on my chest. I softly laid her down on her bed and tried to move away. But I couldn’t. Tiffany’s hand was clinging on to my jacket. Seriously, no matter how hard I tried to pry her fingers off of my jacket, she never let go. Is that even possible?

I gently laid her down on the bed. I laid down next to her, our faces extremely close to each other. Up to the point that I could feel her hot breath on my face. I gently caressed her smooth face, occasionally poking it a few times. “Mmmm…” I heard her stir. I moved my hand from her face to her hair. God. I could stay here forever. I don’t know why but just watching Tiffany sleep made me the happiest person in the whole universe. So is this what it’s like to fall in love? If so, then it’s the greatest feeling in the world. Never in my life did I feel so safe, so relaxed…like I was fated to be right here by her side. “Taeyeon…” I heard Tiffany mumble in her sleep. I blushed as I heard my name come out of her lips.

“Tiffany, I love you,” I whispered. I blushed even harder hearing those words escape my mouth. There was practically zero chance of me ever yelling that to Tiffany in front of her face…except when my mouth decides to get a mind of its own. I felt my eyelids begin to droop. I let out a yawn before I wiggled my way even closer to Tiffany. Before I fell asleep, I made the riskiest decision of my life and softly placed a kiss on Tiffany’s forehead. I can’t believe I did that. Yes, I was that ing crazy. Aigoo. Tiffany, you make me go nuts.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I’m a pretty light sleeper which is probably why I woke up once I started hearing some really loud noises. I slowly opened my eyes to see three blurs walking around doing whatever. Tiffany had loosened her grip on me so I sat up and rubbed my eyes. “Good morning,” I greeted.

“More like afternoon. It’s 6,” Sunny informed.

“Oh...wait! How long was I sleeping for?” I asked.

“Umm…Pretty long. You two looked so cute sleeping together,” smiled Sunny.

I blushed. Oh God. “Y-you didn’t hear anything, r-right?” I was pretty infamous for sleeptalking and they did not need to know what I said during my naps.

“No,” answered Yoona. “Why?”

“N-no reason. Well, uh, I should leave now since you’re all here,” I said.

As I was getting off the bed, I felt a tug on my jacket. “Taeyeon…where are you going?” Tiffany mumbled.

“Back to my room?”

“Don’t go,” she whimpered, her head facedown on the bed.

Jessica suddenly jumped onto the bed, placing herself on top of Tiffany. Man, I would totally switch places with her right now. “Yah! Tiffany, why are you so clingy to Taeyeon, huh?! What were you two doing while I was gone?” asked Jessica.

I watched Tiffany’s face turn pink. “N-nothing! Get off of me!” Tiffany shouted hoarsely. She grabbed a nearby pillow and awkwardly tried to hit Jessica with it.

“Ah…Well, I guess I’ll leave now…” I announced.

“Wait,” said Jessica. “I’ll give you my number just in case I need you again.”

“Sure,” I said.

“Ah! Taeyeon, I want your number too!” begged Tiffany.

”Uh…me? Well…yea, of course!” I sputtered.

“Yeah, yeah. Hurry up, Taeyeon,” ordered Jessica who was waiting for me outside of the room. Her arms were folded and she tapped her foot in an impatient way. The look on her face gave me the chills like if they didn’t get over there, she’d slam me with the door again. After getting my hands on Tiffany’s number, I briskly walked towards Jessica.

Once I was close to her, Jessica wrapped her arm around my head. “Hey, buddy,” she smiled. In her hand was a small, black camera. “You see this?” After pressing a few buttons, the camera revealed a picture of…me and Tiffany?! Sleeping?!

“W-W-What?! When d-did you-”  

The blonde smirked. It wasn’t the y kind, though. It was more like those smirks that tell you something unpleasing was going to happen. She waved the camera in front of my face. “So, what do you think I’m going to do with these pics?” she asked me.

“Uhh…you’ll give them to me?” I guessed.

“No, I’m going to blackmail you with it,” she stated. Man, I’ve heard of blunt people but Jessica was way, way beyond that. How more straightforward can you get? Hell, she’d probably tell you straight up that she was going to murder you in five different ways in the most bored tone ever.

“Oh…well, if you don’t mind, could you send me some copies?” I asked. It’d be nice to have some pictures of us…together. Maybe I’ll have a collection of pictures. Maybe have a Taeny album…get it? Taeyeon, Tiffany? Taeny? …Ah , that’s corny as hell.   

“…You want them?”

“Yeah. Why not?”

“Oh. Well, that changes everything. Umm…how about this. I give you your cute little pics and…”

“And?”

“Aish. It’s kinda embarrassing,” Jessica blushed.

“You get embarrassed?” I asked in surprise. In response, Jessica tightened her hold on my neck. “A-Aghhh. Can’t b-breathe,” I choked.

Jessica leaned in closer and whispered in my ear. “Set me up with Yuri.”

“Y-Yuri?!” I whispered back.

“Yes, Yuri! Who else?” she hissed.

“Well, you could’ve meant the Japanese term of yur-OW.” Jessica had bonked me on the head telling me to stop trying to be a smartass.

I sighed, “Okay. Okay. I’ll help you.”

“Great,” she smiled. You gotta admit, Jessica had a pretty nice smile. Not as gorgeous as Tiffany’s eye smile, of course. But it was an above average smile. I smiled back at her. It was a bit awkward though since she still had a strong hold on my neck.

Suddenly, I heard raspy coughs from behind me. “I thought you were going to leave,” said Tiffany, who looked a bit angry for some reason.

“Ah. Yeah. Jessica just wanted something from me,” I explained.

“Yup. Just small talk,” said Jessica. She retracted her arm from my neck and walked back into her dorm. “Bye.”

“Bye, Taeyeon,” waved Tiffany, smiling softly.

“So I waved bye to her,” I finished my little flashback. I made sure to completely avoid mentioning my little talk with Jessica.

“That’s cute,” Yuri stated in a blank tone. She shot another dart at me.

“Wow. I give you the story of my love life and that’s all you say?”

Another ing dart hit my head. “Yup. I’m jealous of you,” Yuri sighed. “You’re too innocent for your own good. I bet you wouldn’t kiss her on the lips unless she handed it to you on a silver platter.”

*Knock Knock*

“I’ll get it,” hollered Sooyoung who rushed towards the door.

I sat in the kitchen waiting for Tiffany’s text while Sooyoung was chatting with the people at the door. “Hey! Someone’s here to see you…TETE~” yelled Sooyoung placing a giant emphasis on my embarrassing nickname. I could hear people giggle. Oh God.

I blushed. “D-Don’t call me that!” I yelled back at her.

“Oh? My bad, Tete~” teased Sooyoung.

I sighed. I walked towards the door. “T-Tiffany?!” In front of the door was Tiffany, Jessica, and Sunny. Yoona was not there, probably at Mars or something.

“Hey, what took you so long? Huh, Tete?” asked Sunny.

“N-no reason,” I sputtered. “And don’t call me that!”

“Why? It’s so cute,” giggled Tiffany. It’s only cute when you say it, Tiffany. That’s the only time it’s ever cute.

“You’re feeling better?” I asked Tiffany.

She nodded her head. “Yeah. It went away after a good sleep. Thanks for taking care of me.”

“N-no, it’s nothing,” I said bashfully. “I didn’t do anything special.”

“Are you just going to stare at each other?” asked Jessica.

“So where are you guys headed?” asked Sunny.

“To our bar,” answered Sooyoung. “You going to come with us?”

“Why else would we be standing here?” scoffed Jessica. “I’d be sleeping in my room right about now. But Tiffany just really wanted to see-MMPH!” Tiffany abruptly slapped her hand in front of Jessica’s mouth. Crap. I wish I was better at fill-in-the-blank so I could figure out what she was trying to say.

“I was bored so I figured why not go with you guys?” squeaked Tiffany as she adjusted the sunglasses on her face.

Yuri and Sooyoung smiled knowingly at me. The hell? Why were they smiling at me like that? What did I do?

“We should go before we get yelled at for being late again,” warned Yuri.

“We’re always late,” stated Sooyoung.

“Then we should impress Narsha unnie for being on time then,” insisted Yuri.

“Yeah. Yeah. Let’s go, team!” yelled Sooyoung running ahead of the group with Sunny trying to out run her. Yuri and Jessica followed. I’m not really sure why but I felt a bit of an awkward atmosphere surrounding them.

I locked the door to our room and followed Tiffany who was a few meters ahead of me. Man, looking at her from the back was great. She was wearing a black hoodie and tight darkish blue jeans on. She looked absolutely GORGEOUS in them, compared to me who was wearing a simple blue jacket and some blue jeans that I randomly picked from the closet.

I know it’s bad but I could not stop staring at her . I mean, you wear some tight pants on that clearly defines your , how am I not supposed to look at it? Well, anyway, it sounds a bit rude, but Tiffany had ONE. NICE. . I swear, I think it beat Yuri’s by a mile. And Yuri’s was NICE. On my scale, I’d give Tiffany’s a 10/10.

“Why are you walking so slow, Tete?” asked Tiffany as she stopped to wait for me.

I think I got a mini heart attack. She almost caught me drooling over her . And that was not good at all. Be more discreet, Taeyeon. Be more discreet, goddamnit, you were trained to be an assassin! What kind of assassin gets caught staring at butts?! “Ah, no reason,” I answered. “And that name is embarrassing…You can call me Taeng or Taengoo.”

“…How about TaeTae?” asked Tiffany.

Sounded just as bad as Tete. But hey, Tiffany made it up for me, why not? “Okay then,” I chuckled. “Can I call you Fany?”

Tiffany happily nodded at me. She walked closer to me and clung onto the sleeve of my jacket as we stepped out into the freezing cold. Best day of my life.

“TaeTae…let’s become good friends,” said Tiffany.

I nodded. But I wanted to be so much more than friends.