Date

Hope For Tomorrow

No One’s POV

One Week Later

 

Sitting down at the table in the usual ice cream store, Yuri was staring at her phone waiting for texts from Jessica. “She’s late,” she muttered to herself. She was half annoyed and half disappointed. She really wanted to see Jessica. Suddenly, she heard footsteps walk over to her table. Looking up from her phone, Yuri waited for the blonde to appear. Unfortunately, it wasn’t Jessica but Yoona instead.

“Hey,” greeted Yoona cheerfully. She gave a small wave toward Yuri and sat down at the other side of the table.

“Where’s Jessica?” asked Yuri, confused why only Yoona was here. Jessica, and Yuri had previously arranged a ‘date’ of sorts, but it was more like a meeting for sweet, sweet revenge against Sooyoung.

“Sica was sleeping. I finally woke her up but she told me to go on by myself. She’s coming sooner or later,” explained Yoona.

“It’s two o’ clock. She’s still sleeping?”

“Well, not now. She needs to find someone to take care of Tiffany. Sunny went out. Tiffany’s been sick this whole week,” said Yoona. “I mean, Sica would’ve have just probably just taken care of Tiffany herself today but Tiffany was practically trying to kick Sica out of the dorm.”

Yuri giggled. She secretly thanked Tiffany in her head. “Good. I was about to think that Jessica decided to ditch at the last minute.”

“I guess she looks like someone who does that, but she would never do it,” said Yoona. Her glowing face then turned more shy and timid. “So…” she started, trying to find the correct words. She then blurted out, “Seohyun’s pretty cute, isn’t she?”

Yuri, a bit surprised by the random outburst, answered, “W-Well, I guess so.” She was the maknae of the group and in Seohyun’s case, she was pretty adorable at times when she wasn’t making death statements.

“So you guys seem really close,” said Yoona. Her face tensed, waiting for the answer.

Yuri smiled. It was pretty obvious where Yoona was going with this conversation no matter how hard she tried to hide it. “It’s more like a sisterly relationship,” assured Yuri. She took a sip of her previously ordered latte while watching the other girl’s face relax.

“Oh, that’s good…I mean nice,” said Yoona.

Yuri smirked. “You know. Seohyun really loves sweet potatoes.”

“Really?!” yelled Yoona. “Uh. I mean, that’s interesting,” she corrected herself.

“No need to hide it.”

“Hide what?”

“Don’t play dumb. It’s so obvious you like Seohyun that it’s killing me.”

“Sorry…Lately, I’ve been trying to hide these kinds of things from people.”

“You’re not doing a really good job,” Yuri bluntly stated. “Hide? Why?”

“I thought I was doing a good job,” mumbled Yoona. “You know, hiding for the obvious reason…and something else too. I’m lucky that you seem so open to gays. Only you, Jessica, Sunny and Tiffany knows. Keep it a secret, okay?”

The older girl nodded. “I’m not just open to them, I am gay.” She then added, “For Jessica.”

"Sica? You like her?” asked Yoona, dumbfounded. Despite her good looks, Jessica, with her icy demeanor, often scared people away from her.

“Do I have to say it twice?”

“No…just a little surprised.”

“Anyway, let’s make a little alliance between us,” proposed Yuri.

“Alliance?”

“Yeah. Think about it. I know Seohyun well.” She pointed to Yoona, “And you know Jessica well.”

Yoona’s face lit up, “Oh! Oh! So we can help each other-”

“-get what we want,” continued Yuri. She stuck her hand out in front of Yoona who grasped the older girl’s hand in a firm handshake.  

Yoona smirked after letting go of Yuri’s hand. “I like the way you think.”

“It’s what I’m known for,” joked Yuri.

A sweet voice with a slightly seductive tone suddenly asked, “What are you known for?”

Yuri turned to the direction of the voice. Her eyes connected with the blonde beauty staring at her. In a matter of seconds, Yuri flashed a large smile towards the blonde, “Jessica! What took you so long?”  

“Tiffany forced me to try and find a babysitter for her,” said Jessica as she climbed into a seat next to Yuri. She rubbed her arms, “You have no idea what she was throwing at me. But that still didn’t stop me from getting a babysitter.”

“You actually found one?” asked Yoona.

“Easier than I thought. All I had to do was step outside and there was the perfect babysitter standing right in front of me,” replied Jessica.

“Who was it?” asked Yuri.

Jessica smiled mischievously. “You’ll see later,” she giggled. “Besides that, what were you guys talking about before I got here?”

“Just talking about our likes and dislikes,” said Yuri. “In fact, we were just talking about Seohyun and her weird tastes.”

“Seohyun? She seems really uptight,” commented Jessica,

“Sica…” warned Yoona.

“What? That’s what she seems like,” blurted out Jessica.

Yuri chuckled. “She is uptight. But she’s more like a kid than anything. I mean, she is obsessed with Keroro. If you went around in a Keroro costume, she’d probably follow you all over the place.”

“Don’t even think about it,” Jessica warned Yoona.

Yoona put on an innocent face. “What are you talking about?”

Jessica gave an icy glare to Yoona. “If I see Keroro walking on the street…”

“Anyway,” interrupted Yuri, “we met up for a reason. C’mon. I still need to get revenge on Sooyoung.”

“I was thinking of dumping cold water on her head,” suggested Jessica.

“That’s so lame, Sica,” Yoona complained.

“You have any better ideas?” Jessica snapped back.

“I do. We take Sooyoung out to eat pretending that we’re going to pay. Then we leave her last minute making her pay for the whole bill.”

“Are you kidding me? I think I cringed over how lame that was,” sighed Jessica.

“Me too,” agreed Yuri. “To put it in better words, I want Sooyoung to be scared for her life.”

“Scared, huh?” wondered Jessica. “I’d still go with the cold water.”

“How about we go shopping for items to prank her with?” suggested Yuri. “The only things I have are whoopee cushions.”

“Sounds good. We can probably think of something while we’re there,” agreed Jessica.

After walking out of the store, they proceeded to walk into the direction of the department stores.

Yoona suddenly stopped walking and asked, “You guys don’t mind going by yourselves, right? I remembered something I have to do.”

The two other girls stopped walking and turned around. “Yeah? Well, whatever. Have fun and I better not see a Keroro costume when you get back,” warned Jessica.

“We’ll see,” responded Yoona.

After Jessica turned her back and continued walking, Yoona looked at Yuri and gave her a thumbs up. She mouthed to Yuri, “Good luck.”

Yuri smiled. Waving bye to Yoona, she ran to Jessica who was a few meters ahead of her. “Why didn’t you wait?” she complained.

“Does it matter?” asked Jessica.

“Yes,” pouted Yuri. While walking, Yuri quietly placed her hand into Jessica’s hand.

Jessica stared at Yuri. She then stared at the two connected hands.

“You don’t mind, right?” said Yuri, in a teasing manner.

“Of course not,” answered Jessica. In response, she intertwined her fingers with Yuri’s.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

Taeyeon’s POV

A few hours ago

 

It was a typical day. Everyone else had already left to do whatever. I was alone in the room and I was bored. Just lying on my bed wasn’t going to make things any more exciting. I walked out of the dorm, wondering if I should just bike around town. I pressed my face against the cold, glass window. It was pretty windy outside which made me wonder why everybody bothered to go outside.

I was getting pretty depressed. I hadn’t seen Tiffany the whole week and it was killing me. I almost visited her dorm but I was too much of a coward to even try. I sighed. What I’d do to see her gorgeous face again and her beautiful brown eyes and to listen to her husky voice once more and to kiss those pink, luscious lips of hers…

I quickly slapped myself.

Quit fantasizing, Taeyeon. Just stop, I told myself.

Even though I said I was too much of a to actually visit Tiffany’s dorm, I found myself standing in front of her door. I stood there, dazed. I could hear yelling and whatnot from inside. As I leaned closer to the door to try to make out what they were saying, the door swung open, hitting my head and killing most of my brain cells.

I groaned in pain as Jessica suddenly appeared from the entrance. I could hear Tiffany’s voice scream, “I TOLD YOU. I DON’T NEED A BABYSITTER.”

Jessica noticed me on the floor, rubbing my head, “Taeyeon, you okay?! OH MY GOD! Did I do that? I’m so sorry.”

“I-I’m fine,” I stammered. I was a bit dizzy. I reached over for the wall to balance myself. I slowly stood up. But before I could focus, Jessica grabbed my arm and dragged me into her dorm room.  

“T-Taeyeon?! What are you doing here?” I heard Tiffany ask. Her voice was hoarse.

“Oh, hi,” I said, shyly as Jessica continued to drag me.

Before I knew it, I was in the kitchen and Jessica had handed me an ice pack. “Put that on your bruise,” she ordered.

I placed the freezing ice pack on my bruised head. I groaned at the pack’s contact with my skin.

“Alright, I’ll be leaving then. Take care of Tiffany, alright?” smiled Jessica.

“Sure,” I responded. “…Wait. WHAT?! You’re going to leave us a-alone?”

“Why not? Do a good job, alright, babysitter?” Before I could stop her, Jessica had already closed the door leaving Tiffany and I alone. Completely alone. Just her and me, alone.

“Just so you know, I didn’t ask for this,” I heard Tiffany yell from her bed.

“I-It’s okay.” I hollered back. “You need anything?”

I was surprised my voice came out pretty stable since I was freaking out at that very instant. I don’t know if this was a blessing or a curse. Me and Tiffany alone for who knows how long. What the hell am I going to do?

The only things my mind told me to do was:

1. Start partying like a madman for this lucky chance.

2. Freak out over how I was going to completely mess up this chance and ruin my relationship with her forever.

3. Faint

Sadly, I couldn’t choose option three.