Just A Normal Day

Hope For Tomorrow

Tiffany’s POV

 

Constant knocks on the door broke me from my sleep. I slowly opened my eyes, but closed them once the light entered into my eyes. I quickly covered my head with my pink blanket and yelled, “Somebody get the door!” I was banned from opening doors, answering calls, or anything that involved contact with outside. At least, I didn’t have to move my to do anything now.

“Shut up,” said Jessica.

“Please.” Sunny and Yoona were completely knocked out from yesterday after carrying all of Jessica’s stuff while she was shopping at every possible store out there. If Jessica wasn’t going to get the door, the knocks would never stop.

Reluctantly, Jessica rose up from her bed, groggy. She walked over to the door, opened it and with a glare, she said, “ off.”

Before she could slam the door, a hand had already grabbed the handle. At this point, I was standing behind Jessica, grabbing her shirt tightly. In front of us with a smile was Yuri with Taeyeon and Seohyun behind her. “That’s not how you greet your neighbors, do you?”

“That’s how I greet anybody who wakes me up.”

“Oh? Then you should be glad I woke you up then.” She looked at her empty wrist, tapping it as if she had a watch on. “It’s about an hour until the first class starts.”

Jessica glanced over to the clock. “Oh, .” Quickly, she separated Yuri’s fingers from the door and closed it. After locking the door, she violently jumped on Sunny’s and Yoona’s beds, waking them up. I grabbed the uniforms from one of the many opened boxes and threw them over to each bed.

After thirty minutes had passed, all of us were dressed, well.. sloppily dressed. I was helping Jessica apply her makeup on who often took forever to do anything. After rushing, we opened the door to see six girls talking. There was the usual group of five but there was another girl with them as well. She was short, around the height of Sunny, the combination of her sloppy uniform and turned cap gave her a defiant look.

One of them had finally taken notice of us. With an awkward and dorky smile, Taeyeon said, “Morning.”

“Morning,” said Sunny. “Who’s this? I haven’t seen her with you guys before.” She pointed to the short girl.

“Oh. She’s Hyuna. She ran into us walking while down the stairs.”

Hyuna politely bowed to us. “Annyeonghaseyo. Hyuna imnida .” To my surprise, she had a cute shy voice that completely contrasted with her looks. We all bowed back, introducing ourselves. She looked down, shyly.

“Wah! You’re so cute,” Taeyeon gushed. Taeyeon grabbed the slightly shorter girl into her arms, hugging her like she just got a new pet… For some reason, I felt my heart tighten and a strange urge to tear Hyuna out of Taeyeon’s arms. What the hell was this feeling?

“We should start getting to class, we wouldn't want to be late,” said Seohyun.

After Seohyun’s interruption, Taeyeon seperated from Hyuna. Thank God. I felt a sense of relief…wait. Why was I so relieved again? These strange feelings were starting to get on my nerves. I tugged on Jessica’s shirt and started to drag her out of the dorm. It didn’t matter where I was going, I just want to get away from them and maybe these feelings could leave as well.

 

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

All of our classes had ended and I was sitting with Jessica, Sunny, and Yoona on one of the many benches strewn about the school. Along with four other people standing around it. Taeyeon, Yuri, Hyoyeon, and Sooyoung were apparently waiting for Seohyun who was doing whatever. What bugs me is that Jessica, Sunny, and Yoona are perfectly fine with these guys hanging around us despite what they said of never making any more contact with people. Well.. I can see why they were so chill with Taeyeon but still, why the hell were these guys so special? Besides that, I also noticed that these people were in all of my classes. Suspicious. Really suspicious.

Taeyeon was being especially suspicious today, or weird, or she was just always like this. She was standing next to me, with her pink cap on, continuously giving me glances. If she was trying to be sneaky with whatever she was doing, then she was failing hardcore.

“You need something?’ I asked her.

Taeyeon jumped. “Oh! N-nothing.” She tried to casually brush off the fact that she was staring at me for the past few minutes.  It was a pathetic yet a cute attempt. Still, that didn’t mean I couldn’t tease this girl.

“Really?”

Taeyeon furiously nodded. Probably due to embarrassment, she pushed her cap further down to try to cover her face.

Before I could turn Taeyeon’s face into a tomato, Seohyun had suddenly popped out of nowhere. She bowed, apologizing to everyone in the process. “I’m so sorry. I got too caught up with all the pianos in the room, and I couldn’t stop myself from playing music.”

“Don’t worry about it, Seohyun. At least you don’t have a streak for being late unlike a few others I could name.” Hyoyeon glared at the people at the right of her.

“Hold on! You’re just as bad as us,” said Sooyoung.

“Yeah! Yeah!” chanted Taeyeon.  

“My excuses are way better than you guys could ever think of,” retorted Hyoyeon.

“Dancing your off is the worst excuse ever,” Sooyoung scoffed.

Yuri suddenly interrupted which was probably a good thing. I was pretty sure that Sooyoung and Hyoyeon were about to get violent. “Quit arguing. We’ve got better things to do than listening to you guys.”

“Yeah!” said Taeyeon.

“Yah! Whose side are you on?” Sooyoung yelled.

“Yuri promised to buy me ice cream.”

“So Yuri’s paying for all of us?”

“What? I never said that-“

Yuri was cut off by Sooyoung who grabbed Yoona’s shoulders. “Come join us. The more, the merrier.”

Sooyoung quickly ran off with Yuri right behind her, probably trying to get her hands around the taller girl’s neck. Taeyeon, Hyoyeon, and Seohyun followed.

I grabbed Jessica’s shirt pulling her back from following the others. Sunny and Yoona stared at me, waiting. “Are you sure about this?”

“Sure about what?” asked Yoona.

“Hanging around these guys,” I answered.

“Well, yeah. These guys are pretty cool,” said Sunny.

“That’s exactly what I mean. How can you trust them so easily? For all we know, they could be…” I stopped. In a whisper, I said, “…my kidnappers.”

“They’re not. Definitely not,” said Yoona in an assuring tone.

“How would you know? Do you have any proof? Hm? Do you?”

“We really can’t explain,” said Sunny. She bit her lip. Alright, they were definitely hiding something. Sunny always bites her lip when she was hiding something from others. It was a bad habit, but hey, it works in my favor.

I glared at her. “Explain,” I demanded.

“Does it really matter?” Jessica asked.

“Yes! I want to know why you’re so sure that they’re completely harmless.”

“You really want to know?” asked Jessica. I nodded. “Let’s just say that they are probably the least likely to try and hurt you.”

“What?” Before I could protest, Jessica started to drag me.

“Just shut up.”

“You didn’t even answer my-”

“Shut up before I permanently glue your lips together.”

Well, okay then. I quickly closed my mouth. I would have continued yelling at her, but it was Jessica. Threatening me. If you had a brain, you would know not to mess with Jessica and her threats.

After stepping into the store, we saw the usual faces waving to us. Taeyeon, Sooyoung, and Yuri were sitting at one table while Seohyun and Hyoyeon were sitting at the other, probably saving seats for us. Jessica and I sat with the other three while Yoona dragged Sunny with her to sit with Seohyun and Hyoyeon.

After sitting down, Jessica turned toward Taeyeon who was sitting in front of me. “Mind if I borrow that hat?”

Slightly bewildered, Taeyeon passed her pink cap to Jessica. To my surprise, Jessica placed the cap onto my head. “Make sure it covers your face,” she ordered.

“Okay.” I adjusted the cap on my head. Looking back up, I noticed that Taeyeon was staring at me in a not-so-normal way. Either it was because I was that attractive or my suspicions were correct. Or she just liked being that weird.

Thankfully, Taeyeon was distracted from her staring once the waiter arrived with what they ordered. He placed a large bowl that was filled with every possible flavor and topping onto the table. Seriously. Everything was in that bowl. I don’t even think physics could apply to this thing. Just staring at it already made me feel sick to my stomach. I looked at the three in front of me, Taeyeon and Sooyoung looked like they just went to heaven. Yuri, on the other hand, looked as sick as me.

And to think I thought that Yoona was a shikshin. In about thirty minutes, the whole bowl was almost finished. Jessica, Yuri, and I ate about a third of the contents while Taeyeon and Sooyoung took the rest for themselves. Speaking of them, they were currently fighting over the last remaining strawberry.

“Taeyeon, you know that’s my strawberry,” said Sooyoung.

“You ate all the other ones. So this one’s mine,” replied Taeyeon.

“Over my dead body.”

They started glaring at each other. Were they really fighting over a…strawberry? I feel stupid that I suspected them of being dangerous. The only danger was probably getting infected by their dorkiness.

Suddenly, Hyoyeon popped out of nowhere and took the strawberry. She slowly ate it in front of Taeyeon’s and Sooyoung’s tortured faces. “That was delicious,” she remarked.

“That was mine!” said Sooyoung.

“Let me have my fun. It was bad enough that I was with Seohyun.”

“I agree,” said Sunny. She then tried to mimic Seohyun’s voice, “‘Unnie, you’re going to die if you eat that.’ She was so serious about it. Scary.” To exaggerate, Sunny placed herself into Jessica’s arms, trembling. What an actress.

“But it’s true,” said Seohyun. If her words were true, then Sooyoung and Taeyeon would probably be in their deathbeds by now.

Apparently, they were pretty used to Seohyun’s death threats as Sooyoung completely brushed that topic aside. “So Yuri’s paying, right?”

“I paid already,” mumbled Yuri who was looking completely dejected.

“You’re such a good friend,” said Sooyoung.

Yuri glared at Sooyoung as she was walking out of the door. “Just you wait. Revenge will be mine.”

“I can help with that,” said Jessica.

“Really?” said Yuri.

“I have a few tricks up my sleeve,” Jessica giggled. Well, this wasn’t good. Jessica and revenge should never mix together. It was probably as bad as letting a serial killer out of jail. Poor Sooyoung. Last time Jessica got her revenge, the victim ended up becoming Jessica’s for a few months.

“You guys are planning something?” asked Yoona with a gleam in her eyes. Please do not add Yoona into this too. At this rate, Sooyoung was going to get killed.

“Join us,” said Jessica. If I was Sooyoung, I’d probably run off to a stranded island. It was probably safer there. Sadly, Sooyoung was running toward the dorms with Hyoyeon, being completely oblivious.

Before I could find out who was going to this revenge party, I was distracted by Taeyeon. She was, once again, staring at me. I stared back. It was kind of cute how she got all flustered from being caught. “Why do you keep staring at me?” I asked.

“What?” She was completely blushing now. We were in front of the fountain, alone, just the two of us. I was getting nervous. This place is safe…right? Jessica, Sunny, and Yoona were far ahead of me. Was this Taeyeon’s plan? To get me alone? To kidnap me again? “I just think you look pretty with pink on.” Well, that did not sound like an evil plan, at all.

“I love pink.” I took the pink cap off of my head. I was reluctant to give away the pink, but I stretched the cap toward her. “Here you go. Thanks for letting me borrow it.”

She must have noticed my obsession with pink. “It’s okay. You can keep it, I have plenty of them at home. If you like pink that much...” These were definitely not the words of an evil mastermind.  Or maybe it was. Because I would never give away my stuff to somebody I met a few days ago. Pretty suspicious.

“Why are you being so nice to me?” I asked. I placed the pink cap on my head again. I was really curious to know what she was going to say. It was already hilarious how she reacted to my questions. By now, she was so fidgety.

“Because…”

“Because?”

“I like you…”

“What?” I was blushing as hard as her now.

“Friends! I want to be good friends with you!” I could feel my hopes slipping away from me. Wait, why would they? I don’t have feelings for this girl. …Right? Before I could sort out my feelings, Jessica arrived. I quickly grabbed her hand and Taeyeon and I split ways.

Congratu-ing-lations, Kim Taeyeon. Good job. So, maybe you’re not a bad person. You still somehow managed to make my heart race. I never felt this way before, ever. I was confessed to by so many people, and I could turn them down with a cold heart.  So, why you? Why was I so disappointed that you just wanted to be friends? Thanks alot, Taeyeon. You have succeeded with messing with my feelings.