Confession

Savoured By You

The brief touch of unknown hand with my skin sends shivers down me and I tense. The hand moves away from me when non-stop ringing of phone overwhelms the quiet atmosphere in the room. 

"Yes, Lee Dong Wook speaking."

Uh-Oh. I am in Lee Dong Wook house? But how?

"What? Isn't he supposed to be in life imprisonment?" he sounds frustrated.

My inquistive self alerts. I listen carefully, the conversation he is on right now is interesting. Life imprisonment.

"Hold on," he says to whoever is on the other line. He must be aware of my presence. Later, I hear a turning of door knob indicating he is out of this room.

I peek through my narrow eyes to scan the room. Clear! Noone!

I turn to the other side slowly and peek with one eye close. I am blurred by the intense sunlight that comes across the glass window. This side also clear.

I sit up on the bed. What now? The events of previous night haunts in my befuddled brain. The drinking, his phone call. I remember the last time I was drunk and brought back home by him. Same like that again except I am in his house this time. 

Like a bolt, it occurs to me that what if I just slept with him? We did? 

Oh no... I chills at the thought. I just want to bury myself in the ground.  

The door opens again and he strolls in. He puts a cup which he brought on the bed-side table and sits on the edge of the bed, close enough to touch me.

"I made a peppermint tea. It is a good remedy for hangover."

"Thank you," I whisper and stare down at my knotted fingers. 

"Aren't you feeling well?" 

"How did I get here?" I ask pulling up the blanket up to my waist.

"I brought you here."

"Why?"

"Well after you hung up the phone the previous night, I was so worried. I could tell how much you were drunk. I called you again. But you didn't pick up. On the third call, an old woman answered saying you are asleep in her soju tent. She gave me the address and I came. I was about to take you home when I remembered there would be none at your apartment and there would be no one to open the room door of you. I didn't have a choice and that is all the story how you get here," he retorts.

"You undressed me?" my voice cracks.

"Yes. You convulsed almost all the liquor from your empty stomach. I changed your clothes since yours smell of vomit."

I vomitted? ! In front of him? If he undressed me, he must have seen all my entire body! How embarassing...

"Did we umm... we did?" I trail off as I can't find any word to say that!

"You were drunk. Unconcious. I won't take that as an advantage though I was excited when I changed your clothes but trust me. I only undressed you."

"Then where did you sleep?" I give him a sharp doubtful look and he rolls his eyes as if he is bored of this interrogation.

"I slept in the room upstairs."

I practically relax a bit. We didn't. 

What if Lee Da Hae finds out about that? Oh no... I didn't think that.

"I assume this is a bad idea if your fiancée finds out there is a woman sleeping in her love's room. She is going to freak out. I bet," I says quizzically.

He runs his hand through his hair letting out a large blow of air as though he is annoyed.

"What is with all these s!" he murmurs. He turns to face me and search my face. I am curious how he will response. His face suddenly changes into a soft look.

"These are all rumours. Yes I...,"

I wonder I drain the colour because I feel like all the blood in my body stops flowing when he brings up the 'Yes.' He is admitting. 

"Yes, we nearly did. But Da Hae left me for a better man who has a good family background and money than me who was adopted and who had a gipsy kind of future. That was in the past long ago, had buried in the complicated past, which I altogether buried my love too. I have no idea how people dig it back to just spread an uncontrollable rumour," his face grimaces that my heart constricts. What kind of complicated past he had? 

"Till then, I tried hard to be a successful man. Women followed me, wanted me for my money. I dated them. I gave them what they want. It is that easy. But I never found ove again... until I find you. You changed my view of relationship. You give me hope that I can find love. You are different. You come with your innocent, lovely and charming causual behaviours, and your most captivating smile. My whole world melts since the day I set my eyes on you. This would sounds crazy. But it is true. I wanted you around. I only see you. I turned out liking you alot more than I have already planned. It has become irresistible to love you," his voice is a brittle one. 

If this isn't a confession of love, I have no idea what it will be. The sweetest confession from the sweetest man. I want to scream out loud that the most handsome CEO and the smart man, the sweetest man is confessing he loves me and I want to run all the way down to my apartment with overjoy.

"I only want to put that smile on you.If I have to do this, I am afraid I have to let you go. My world is a dark place. I don't want to persuade you to the darkness."

No.... he is a well-respected rich strong man who has all the power to control in the eyes of the public yet beneath it is the sad lonely man who they don't see is finding a way to escape from the dark world to a new brighter world. Why is his world dark? He has everything. He said the complicated past. That past is coming to haunt him and dragging him back? I don't have the heart to ask him only he wants to open up.

What about me? I love him. Forget about the philophobia I have. I don't care about it now. I want to lit up his world. Yes... I will....

"My feelings have develped that I can't hold it anymore. I don't care what will happen next. But show me. Take me to your world. Let me lighten up the darkness. Let me be your flashlight cuz I love you too," my confession comes out like water from the dun. 

His eyes widen and surprise. He searches my face and after a beat, I can see his whole body relax as if he has been holding his breath.

When I look up, our eyes lock and the atmosphere changes. The magnetic field occurs between us again. The negative and positive charges of us attaching each other nearer. My breathing alters as he leans in closer. The distance between us shortening that I can smell the fragrance of his body wash and the hot breath of his. My blood boils to like 100°C. I lift my face up to greet his thin lips with mine. How will it feel if he kisses me? 

You will taste like hard liquor! My inner-self pops her head from somewhere in my mind and reminds me. ! I don't want to start my first kiss with him smelling soju in my mouth. I push him back in his chest and his brows raises with what's wrong-look. 

"Umm... I haven't brushed my teeth," I whisper going crimson again.

He sits back and covers his mouth to hide his laughter. Yet a loud chuckle spits out from him no matter how he controls it. 

"Okay, unbelievable," he mutters after a few seconds more to himself than to me.

"You can use my toothbrush. The bathroom is there. It is all yours. I will be in the living room." He gets up with a face splitting grin and bends down to kiss me on my forehead.

"Oh, drink the tea first. And I had asked my houskeeper to lauder your clothes. I hang them in the bathroom," he says and he is out the room.


 

I walk into the living room with my cleanly washed clothes and a fresh oral smell. I am momentarily awed by the large apartment of his. There is a two U-shape section sofa facing each other and a coffee table in between them. Lee Dong Wook is looking out into the Seoul through the large big window. 

I clear my throat to inform him my presence. He walk briskly to me with a wide foot step and in a second he is in front of me. 

Immediately he sweeps me off my feet and pins me against the wall. He has his hand around my waist and the other tilting my chin up. He nibs my lower lip slowly and then he claims my whole lips. The butterfly starts buzzing in my stomach as his kiss becomes greedy. I response with the same intensity he has. We are both breathless when I break the kiss lungful of air through my mouth. He rests his forehead against mine. 

"A kiss with a freshly brushed teeth, huh?" he teases and I giggle.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jihyo has decided to enter the gloomy lightless universe of Lee Dong Wook.

Will she be able to lead him to the blazing new world? What is the Lee Dong Wook unspoken preplax childhood and past? Would knotted somber past of Dong Wook would separate him from Jihyo?

Stay tune for more chapters...