My feelings are no longer important

Savoured By You

 The rain has stopped when I get off the bus. I reach for my phone in the bag and plug in the earphone. There is still a long distance left to walk from bus-stop to my apartment. I need some music to accompany me on my way. I scroll down my playlist and press play on "Lonely Night" by Gary. 

When I walk pass the soju tent, I decide I would grab a glass of soju. I have to rethink today event. I go into the shop and take a seat at a single table at the corner. I order a bottle and sip a welcome alcohol. My mind drifts back to this morning.


 

Flashback

That afternoon while everyone was out for a delicious lunch, I looked up and down the busy street where I could get some sweet snacks. My stomach was not craving for heavy lunch. I was full with anger and rage from new of Lee Dong Wook engagement. 

I bought some snacks and a sweet chocolate from the mini-store around the corner and headed back to the company. Thought at this hour, I was sure there would be none at my department. I decided to keep myself busy with work.

As I caught an empty elevator, I ripped open the chocolate and bit viciously into it. I thought sweets could lower my confusing thoughts. Then the elevator doors slid open and revealed Lee Dong Wook talking to two other gentlemen. I turned mong at the side of him. And I wondered if my earlier doubts upon were not important at all. He glanced over and his lips curved into a heart-stopping smile when he saw me. 

"We will discuss this later then," he said to his companions and he stepped in. He lifted his hand to discourage them from following him. They blinked twice, thrice at him, at me, back to him then back to me again. 

I tried to step out because I didn't want to be alone with him and I didn't wnat faults news to spread. 

He catched me by my elbow and tuggedme back. 

"Not so fast, Jihyo-a," he said and the elvator doors closed and gained its motion. 

"What are you doing?" I snapped.

"Something's wrong. What is it?" he searched my face.

"You."

"Me?" he frowned and so swiftly, he pinned me against the elevator wall taking me by surprise.

"What did I do wrong?" he asked with the goddamn seductive voice and once again my inner-self fainted. He had his hands on each of my shoulders and stared down at me with bright brown eyes.

"What did I do wrong, Jihyo-a?" he asked again and leaned in closer. In that moment I realized, if he was going to be closer to me, I wouldn't be able to think straight. I collected every single strength I have and shook off his hands. I straightened up and lifted up my chin looking directly into his eyes. 

What did he do wrong? First, he acted like an innocent and tried to ride two boats when he is already engaged and that I only got to know it from others. Second, for forcing me go stay back in the elevator. Third, for pinning me against the elevator wall. But Did the latter two really need to be included in the list of what he did wrong? Well, I got to the main point first.

"Why didn't you tell me you are engaged?" I asked.

He cocked his head blinking like he didn't understand my question. On my god, innocent lee Dong wook is cute... 

"Get hold of yourself together, Song Ji Hyo..." I had to remind myself over and over. 

"I am not," he said.

"Don't be too brazen," I almost shouted. He stepped back immediately surprised by my outburst. 

"Where did you heard that?" 

"It doesn't matter where I heard. You think I will be attracted to your charm and will say yes to be your girlfriend because of your money? No, you are wrong. I don't want to be one of some women you played around. I have philophobia since my break up with ex and I am afraid of getting into any relationship again. I came to Seoul to get settle with a work, to start a career, not to be your toy which you can play around when you are bored. I am trying to be a good worker and a good employee. So why not go care about your fiancée rather than bothering me with your brash behaviour like for example pinning me against the elevator wall right at this moment." I had to control myself from turning into an angry-bird.

"I have never think of you like that. There is misunderstanding. Please let me explain." He stepped forward but I held up my hand up to gesture him to stop coming closer to me. He sighed.

"I am sorry if I am being rude, but I really hope I won't lose my job because of that."

"No,..." before he could finish, the elevator pinged and halted at my department floor. 

"I mean it. We should stay clear from each other," I muttered to him and walked pass him. 

I heard his whisper, "I don't deserve her," more to him than to me and I got off the elevator.

End of flashback


 

I am now on my seventh bottle of soju. I pour down the last glass full of alcohol from 7th one. The alcohol content is reaching its peak in my body. I am overwhelmed with fury and rage whenever I think about the fact that he is engaged. Most importantly, my heart has a gripped pain. This is one of reasons why I want to coat the pain with the heat of alcohol. This is too much. I feel like I was played. Betrayed. I might be lying if i said I am not attracted to his charm. I am attracted to him. I don't care about the money he have. I see myself in him. Although my heart is locked, I wanted to open it for him. After what Jin Hyuk reminded me about him, I didn't pay attention that much. I thought it would be okay if I am to be spend a few time with him. My hope flares whenever I think I am the only girl he has ever chased. But those are just stupid words now. I am a fool. 

On one hand, I feel pity towards Lee Da Hae and on the other hand, I am jealous to her for having a lovely man like him. No... no... I can't think like that. I am like a person who had committed a sin for having crush on other's fiancée. But... but... why him... Song Ji Hyo... My heart aches. I love him. Oh No... I want to cry but I fight back my tears. What makes me love him in this short period of time? Stop thinking about him... it is all over. You have no luck with love. 

My peaceful own drinking time is interrupted by the ring of my phone. 

"Hello," I answer with annoyance not bothering to look at the caller ID.

"Jihyo, it is me, Lee Dong Wook. Are you home yet? Can we talk? I am in front of your place now." 

My mind litted like a bright lamp hearing his voice. 

"What do you want, Mister?" I said sullenly.

"Are you okay? You sound strange. Are you drunk?" his voice fills with concern.

"Drunk? Yeah, I am dead drunk. You will be amazed if you know how many numbers of drinks I have had," I giggle. While holding the glass between my thumb and my three fingers, I count  the bottles  with my little finger and say it loud through the phone. "One-Two-Three-Four-Five-Six-Seven. SEVEN! And the last glass. Gunbae!" As I say it, I gulp down the soju in one shot groaning through gritted teeth from the bitter acidic taste of it. 

"Who are you with?" 

"Alone. Who should I be with? Yeo Jin is staying at her boyfriend's place and the boys, the habits of coming back home early is not the style for young boys like them. So alone."

"Then how are you getting back home?"

"I will think of a way."

"Tell me where you are," his tone is dictatorial and that makes me piss. I hate people who like upper-handed ordering. 

"You are a bossy little one, aren't you?" I slur at him.

"Just tell me. Where are you? I am so worried."

"At a place where ordinary people like us come to rest after a really tiring day. Ajumma, next one please!" I wave at the shop-owner for next bottle.

"You should stop drinking!" he snarls. I think he likes nagging other people. 

"Good-bye, b-o-s-s-y man." Every single word is spoken in a paralytic voice and then I hang up.

The bottles are doubled. The conversations going on in the tent and the clicking of glasses, cheerings, creaking of plastic stools become dull to my ear. The hot burning feeling of alcohol going up and up to my CNS system and my head gets fuzzy and cloudy. My  phone is ringing non-stop. But I am vaguely aware of that now. I am sleepy. The sedation finally dragging me and I close my eyes and lay my head on the table and then sleep..........

It is very quiet. The pillow is so soft and the scent of it... Hmmm. I am warm in this bed. The bed sheet underneath is so soft against my skin. I had never thought my bed would be that comfortable. I stretch, turn to the left side of the bed and slowly open my eyes. I see a creamy colour coach. I don't remeber having a coach in my room. 

There is my red jacket overlap by the man-size black long coat.

I blink and turn around to the right, the sun light penetrates through the big window and falls on my face. I can see Seoul from above. From above! ! Now I realize I can't view the Seoul from my apartment. And my room doesn't have expensive coach. This is not my apartment. Then where am I? I sit up on the bed and look down at myself. I am wearing a white T-shirt and an oversize sweat pants. Where are my clothes?! Oh No! A man's coat! 

The turning sound of the door knob startles me. I lay back on the bed pretending to be asleep. In my aching head, I am wondering what had happened last night? 

I can sense someone coming nearer to the bed. Then a hand reaches out to cover the blanket over me. My messy hair are removed from my face gently by someone unknown. I want to shout but I just stay silent grumbling in my mind, "Where am I... Where am I... Where am I...."

 

 

I am back.. i am so sorry for not updating for a long time. I have been busy with my part time job and my art class and university. I will try to update frequently. 

Thank you for reading my fic despite of my wrong english grammars