Roses and A visit

Savoured By You

 I don't know how long I repeat the same:Look at dongwook, again to jinhyuk, then to dongwook and back to jinhyuk. I am confounded. 

"We had agreed for a dinner tonight," Dong wook says to Jin Hyuk.

Jin Hyuk frowns and when he is about to defend back, I cut in,

"I think maybe next time? Sorry Jin Hyuk. Like Lee Dong Wook-ssi said, I had accepted his offer," I shrug apologetically but I don't mean it. 

I was thinking of many ways how to avoid Jin Hyuk offer and the hero came in right time saving me a thought. 

Jin Hyuk jaws tighten and his eyes blaze with fury. 

"Next time then."

Somehow, he tries to feign a smile but fails. He gives a goodbye hug and I hesitantly get in the Handsome-CEO's car. I have no idea how Dong Wook gets here and why I accepted his offer.

The car pulls into the road and speeds away leaving Jin Hyuk in far away distance.


 

I look furtively at the super-y CEO beside me. He is wearing a suit and white shirt underneath with one button opens at the neck. He looks hot in this way, I think.

"Thank you," I mumur.

"For what exactly?"

"For everything. Umm... how did you get there by the way?"

"I was on my way home when I saw you and I thought I would invite you to go for dinner. But then a man approached you and you didn't look please at all. So I guessed I should save you again?" he gives a wicked grin. 

How did he read my face? Does he have six sense?~ No way!~ 

"Is he someone you are friendly with?" 

"Yes, friends," I say gruffly.

"You don't give much, do you?"

"Yes, I don't." 

What does he want to know? I am not the type to share my personal things with someone whom I am not familiar with and he looks like he is eager to dig out more information from me. I get a little frustrated. I don't know why I am being sensitive talking about Jin Hyuk. 

"May I ask you out for dinner?" he asks sensing my sour mode. I glance at him and seeing his boyish grin takes away all the glowering temper from me. 

Dinner with him? My inner-self is jumping up and down. 

My phone vibrates just in the moment I am about to accept. I check my phone screen and see that the caller ID is Yeo Jin.

"Yeo Jin?" I answer quickly.

"Awwnn... Ji hyo ya, where are you? Are you coming back home?"

"I am on my way. Why?" 

"Oh I am not back home yet and I will be late. So I am asking if you could come back early since the parcel I had purchased online is sending it tonight."

"What?!" What kind of online shopping delivers things at night? I have no idea at all.

"Please... It is an American made Limited Edition Bag! Please..... " she whines from the other line. 

Damn you and your shopaholic self, Yeo Jin! It is hard to say no to her when she is being so kind with me all the time while I am in Seoul. 

"Okay...," I sound disappointed but I accept.

"Thank you. See you Jihyo ya.. I love you!" she answers cheerfully back at me and we hang up.

I glance at Dong wook, uneasy feelings growing in my chest.

"What is it, jihyo-ssi?" he asks as if he has the ability of reading my mind.

"I think I can't accompany with you to the dinner. I have to go back to my apartment."

"So I am rejected too," he says not sounding please. "I will take you home then."

"Oh no it is fine. You can just drop me off at the bus stop nearby."

"I would like to." he says sternly and I do not dare to say anything back again.


 

After an hour drive with a silent and intimidating atmosphere with him, we reach at my apartment. When I am unbuckling my seat belt, Dong Wook gets off and walks towards the side of me, opening the car door for me. ~Such a gentleman~

"Thanks for the ride sir," I bow politely.

"You don't need to use formal terms. You can just say my name. We are the same age any way."

"You are my boss and if I do so, it would not be appropriate," I say, "drive safely sir."

"Is that it?" he asks. I stare at him blankly not quite comprehending the question he just asked.

"Aren't you going to invite me for a drink?" he asks again and now I completely understand it. He wants to come in for a drink? What would happen if I invite him in? My flirty inner-self alerts. 

"But we barely know each other," I murmur.

"Aww... so no stranger is allowed," he says and walks towards me shortening the distance between us. My heart rate accelerates like a bullet train.

"Then I will have to try hard to get to know you better," his voice is so soft that I feel like I am going to melt. 

"You are one difficult woman, song ji hyo," he moves closer and whispers into my ears. I chill from the touch of his breath to my ear. ~Oh man, how does he do that?~

"I will see you tomorrow," his lips twitch into a smile and he goes back to his car. I neither move nor say goodbye. I am staring vacantly at him, my feet rooted to the ground. The engine's roar of his car alarms me and I hastily go upstair to our floor.


 

I am feeling energetic next morning when I come to work. My mind is fresh as clean air. And my heart as calmn as the sea unless I see super-handsome CEO. The soft voice and the words he spoke still dinning in my ears.

When I reach my department floor, I walk with full confident towards my desk. And everyone eyes me with a surprise looks. ~Why are they staring at me?~ I wonder idly. 

As soon as I arrive at my desk, I find a large bouquet of pink roses placed gracefully beside my computer. I am stunned at first wondering who sent these beautiful flowers. ~Or is it a wrong delivery?~ 

"It is addressed to you," Ye Rim, my co-worker says waving at the flowers.

"To me?" I ask and in that moment I realize this must be the reason why they eye me with unusual looks. 

Ye Rim nods and continues, "A girl from the CEO's floor left them at your desk."

I gape. ~What the hell!~ 

I sit down and watch questioningly at the flowers. From CEO's floor? Lee Dong Wook sends this? No way! He has very little to do with these things! I search for the card but none. 

"Oh wow, what beautiful flowers! Jihyo ssi," In sung praises once he pass my desk to his office. I smile back at him idly. Who send these?  

I shake my head to erase the quizzical thoughts and browse my computer to start working. Then I notice there is an e-mail in my inbox. I click on it and my eyes widen seeing the name of the email address. 

From Lee Dong Wook- Do you like the flowers?

Jesus! He sent these. Why? And how did he know my email address? A lot of questions run in my head. And I feel a little flutter by the fact that he is the one who send these. Does he like me? ~You are overthinking!~ My inner-self snarls at me. 

Thank you. Why do you send me those beautiful flowers?- From Song Ji Hyo.

There I type and send to him. After 2 minutes, my email pings and I quickly check my inbox.

From Lee Dong Wook- Because I want to.

What? He sent these roses because he just wants to. No special reason. I sign, a flash of disappointment flows into my mind. But then a ping sound of my computer startles me and I check. It is from the super-y CEO again.

From Lee Dong Wook- Because I would like to be friendly with you and ........ Glad you like it.

There that 'dot dot dot ' after 'and' that remain hanging. What is he trying to say? He wants to be friendly with me. But why? I roll my eyes with annoying behaviour and I decide to focus on my work. I am at work and I need to push these thoughts aside.


 

By the time I finish the pile of paper works, it is already ten after seven. Oh my god! I look around and all the other co-workers are gone. Why don't I even realize it? I must have been very occoupied in my work. I glance at my manager office and he is still working too. I am not the only one though. I collect the papers and go into the office. He glance over his computer and strech out his hand indicating me to give the paperworks. I hand them to him and he checks for a moment.

"Thanks for staying late, jihyo ssi," he says, "you can go home now."

"I will see you tomorrow sir. And please don't stay up late too," I remind him. 

"Did your boyfriend send those flowers?" he asks when I am about to leave his office.

"No, it is my friend congratulating me for getting a job," I bite my lip. I don't want to mention CEO's name here and I am not in the mood for questions and answers again. Right now, I just want to go home and throw myself onto bed and have a dreamy sleep.

"What a relief. Good night, jihyo," he smiles.

"You too," I bid goodbye and leave the office.


 

I think I have the crazy grin on my face all the time. I am walking back to my apartment from the bus stop with the big bouquet carried in my arms. 

When I arrive, I find a black SUV and a man in black suit is leaning against the car. When he sees me, he walks to the passenger seat and opens the car door. Lee Dong Wook comes out of the car and I goggle at the side of him. 

"Nice to meet you sir," I bow and greets politely.

"I see you like the flowers," he smirks, his eyes gleaming. 

"Thank you. What are you doing here?" I asks flatly.

"I just want to see your face. I told you I will see you today. But I am very busy all day and I didn't get to see you. So I came here." 

To see me? My inner-self volatiles like a moth and my heart boosts up to the fastest rate. What I don't understand is why he is doing all these nonsense things. He is so confusing. 

"Why are you doing all these? I don't quite understand. The roses, you here to see me. Everything. What do you want from me?" my voice is husky. 

"Because I like you."

I gasp and I feel like I am going to faint.