My Hero

Savoured By You

 How was your interview?" Yeo Jin asks as soon as she gets back home.

I am watching TV crosslegged on the couch.

"It was fine," I murmur not sure if I did well.

"Are you alright?" she asks sitting beside me.

"Why wouldn't I be?" I try to suppress a smile. Though my ankle is still hurt but it gets a lot better now. 

"Okay then. I am gonna go take a shower."

I watch her walking towards her room gracefully. She is a teacher at a yoga class. She always have full confidence in herself.  She has a body that every girl dreams of. No matter how hard her day was, she never fails to stay fresh and energectic. She also takes good care of me. That is really sweet of her. I love this girl.

Unlike her, I always first think the negative of everything. 

I am vacantly staring at the TV screen. My mind is elsewhere again. Will I get this job? This has become the common question since I got back after my interview. I really want to be employed this time. I want to get settle with a work. 

While I am in my self-depression, the face of a beautiful man I met earlier appears in my mind. God!  Why am I still thinking about him? His manly soft voice and his handsome face is taunting me. 

Stop this! My inner-self snaps at me. 

Okay time to sleep- I remind myself.


 

The next morning is also a usual dull day for me. Yeo Jin will go to the yoga class and I will be left alone in this big apartment. It has become like a routine. ~I really need to get a job~

I pull out a novel from a book shelf and go to snuggle on the couch. 

Shortly after I sit on the couch, my cellphone rings revealing an unknown caller ID.~Who is this?~ I think and pick up the call. 

"Song Ji Hyo ssi?" a lady voice calls out my name through my phone.

"Yes, I am Song Ji Hyo," I reply loosely.

"This is from the Dw.L company's advertisement department informing you that you are employed. You can start working from tomorrow."

"I am employed? So I get this job!" I screamed with joy. I am jumping up and down, my heart pounding fast with glee. 

After I had hanged up the phone, I hastily call Yeo Jin to share my good new.

"Really? Oh my girl, I am very proud of you. We should celebrate a party tonight then," she says. I can sense her exciting and happy emotions in her voice.

"Yes, I finally got a job! I will hang up now. I know you are in the middle of your class. I am just too happy that I want to let you know the good new first. See you then," I hang up.

Well done, Song Ji Hyo! My inner-self congratulates me. Wait, I have to let my daddy know that I finally got a job. Daddy, your lovely daughter is going to start a career here in Seoul. 


We go to a club at about 9 pm to celebrate my good new. Together with us, the boys from the first and the third floor come along to the club to congratulate me. The two boys, kwangsoo and joongki from the first floor and three boys, kai, chanyeol and hanbin who are on the music class from the third floor. 

Actually, I have never been to a club before. Yeo Jin says it is fun. But I can't see how to have fun. There are about hundreds of people crowded on the dance floor. Dancing, putting their hands up, swaying their hips and waists to the loud rhthym of DJs.

We move along the crowd, and when me and Yeo Jin reach the bar across the dancing floor, the boys are nowhere to be seen.

"Guess they are enjoying themselves!" yeo jin shouts out through the very powerful music. I giggle and nod as an agreement.

"Congratulaion on your new job!" we clink glasses.

"Noona! Come! Let's dance," hanbin comes from nowhere dragging me to the dance floor. Yeo Jin arches an eyebrow and she is on the dance floor in a second. I gulp down my fourth glass and follow hanbin to the crowd. 

"I don't know how to dance!" I says to hanbin.

"Put your hands up in the air and just jump to the rhthym noona!" 

I do as he told. Hell Yeah! This is fun. I think I am getting the feel of alcohol that I feel brave enough to enjoy myself on the dance floor. Swaying my hips and letting my mind flow in the music. 

After fifteen minutes of non-stop jumping and dancing, my head gets dizzy and my feet hurt. Thank god, I am wearing my sneakers today! I go back to the bar feeling completely worn out. 


 

"Drink this," a familier voice rings in my ears. I look up and I see him. Him, the dreamy boy who is taunting in my mind. He hands me a glass containing some kind of liquid my brain cannot access. I take it and stare blankly at the mystery glass.

"It is water," he says in order to reassure me.

"Thank you," I shakily say and gulp it down. Oh I think I feel a little better.

"You seem enjoying yourself," he says but his eyes change into a stern look.

"Umm... we are celebrating my good new! I got the job!" I says like a drunk man who is excited. 

"Wow! Good new! Congratz on your new job jihyo_ssi," he smiles that goddamn y smile. I melt again.

"What are you doing here,......?"

"Lee dong wook, I am here to celebrate too," he answers filling the blank in my question. So his name is Lee Dong Wook. Name sounds y too. Just say everything about him is y! My inner-self reminds me. 

He is wearing a tight jeans and blue knit sweater folded in the middle of arms. He looks young and y in this outfit too. Yeah. My inner-self is right. Everything about him is y to me. 

"Nice to meet you Lee Dong wook ssi..., and congratulation on your good news too!" I says and gulp down another glass of alcohol given by the bar-man. He watches me intently like I have grown up a wing. Why is he watching at me like an eagle? Because you look ugly! My inner-self snarls. Damn it

I am wearing my usual outfit: jeans and a T-shirt and what unusual is I put on a little make up. I should have wear a skirt. 

"Are you here alone?" he asks me still not moving his gaze from me.

"No, I came with my friends!" I wave my hands to where my friends are dancing. Kai captures me from the dance floor and waves me back. Boys they are very happy. 

"Your boyfriend?" he asks gulping down a gin, I guess. 

"No, he is my rommate. I don't have a boyfriend," I frown. 

"How about you, here with your girlfriend?" I asks feeling a little bold with liquor strength.

"No," he says gruffly.

For another few minutes, I start to bluff like an alcoholic. I can't take my eyes away from him. He is so attractive. 

"You look so handsome," I blurt out my thought loud.

"Thank you," he smirks.

You and your big mouth! My inner-self growls. I need to get away from this embrassing moment.

"Excuse me. I need to go to the restroom," I says and get off of my seat. I walk with a slow dragging motion. 


 

Once I have finished my business, I head out to go back to the bar. Jeez... I should not have drunk too much.

On my way, a heavy tall man grabs my waist and pins me on the wall.

"Hey lady, don't you want to have fun with me?" he says playfully pressing his weight onto me. I don't know him and he looks so rough. I cry out but my voice doesn't seem to be more louder than the music. The club is also dim with lights and flash lights and so crowded that no one notices us. He moves closer to claim his mouth on me.  I struggle free from him but he is way too strong. I push him in his chest as a defence but my fist is just like grape throwing at him.

"You are punching me?" he laughs.

But then, a firm hand pushes him away from me and a fist is thrown onto his face making his mouth stains with a tint of blood. I am shocked and Dong wook is beside me. He punched him! He saved me! My hero! In spite of the grisely affair, my mind still manages to get flirty. The rough man lays on the floor sapless. He curses removing the stain of blood on his lip. As we are in the corner, none of the people knows the brawl here. 

"Back off, man. She is my girlfriend, my woman," dong wook says grasping me tightly on my shoulder. I gape at him wide eyed. My girlfriend, my woman? My inner-self nods with satisfication.

The man gets up and holds his two hands up as surrender and disappears into the crowd. 

"You okay?" he says eyeing me from tip to toe.

"Thank you, I am fine," my voice expressing sorrow. How did he get here, by the way? Is he following me? Nonsense. He must have on his way here. 

"You should really go home, come," he says concern aches on his eyes.

"I am with my friends," my voice trails off. I start to feel giddy. My head is spinning. I don't know if it is because of the shocking scence earlier or because of the alcohol effects.

"You are doubled," I say to Dong wook which he responds me with what-is-she-talking look. My head is spinning like a roller-coaster. My vision becomes blurry and in the last minute, I pass out into his arms.