Bump into him

Savoured By You

 I stare at the reflection of a girl standing in front of me in the full size mirror. She is wearing a gray pencil skirt and gray jacket over a white shirt. She stares at me back. This is me, Song Ji Hyo, a girl from Pohang District who has never been to Seoul. I have always wished of coming to Seoul, the capital of my country Korea. 

I was raised and grew up on the main seaport land of my country. I love my hometown more than any other place. I like the roar of the sea, large and bustling traditional seafood market, Jukdo Market where one can find various kinds of seafood and raw fishes cheaper than those sell in Seoul. And of course, the most famous landmark, Humigot, a gathering place for thousands to greet the first sunrise in new year. 

But I can't spend my whole life here. I have to discover new experiences waiting outside of Pohang. So I decided to come to Seoul to find a job for myself. To start my career. My father disapproved. Since my mother died of a serious liver cancer when I was 3 years old, I was raised by my father. So I have always been his lovely daughter. He wants me to take his seafood restaurants and stay in Pohang. But that is not what I want. Therefore I left to Seoul about one month ago. 

Despite of the fact that he disapproved, my father asked for a help to his friend at Seoul for me to look after me instead of him. His friend also lets me stay at the apartment which he bought for his daughter. 

I remember the first day I reached Seoul. The apartment is more like a hostel. It is a three storey building with a garden in front. As soon as I entered the apartment, his daughter, Choi Yeo Jin, greeted me warmly though we have never met before. I liked her immediately.

She is so sweet, beautiful, carefree, active and have easy going personality. We have known each other for about one month but we make a good bond. We live on the second floor. First and third floor are occupied by boys of the nearly same age as us. They are also very friendly to us. 


 

I brush my wavy brown hair and pull it into a pony tail. I look at myself again in the mirror and straighten my jacket. I am going to sit for an interview at Dw.L Technological Company, Seoul's biggest techno company. 

God, why do I look so pale. I can sense tension spreading throughout my body that I even find it hard to breathe. You always look pale. My inner-self  hisses at me. I let out a long sigh. Yeah, she is right. I always look like that. 

"Jihyo-ya!" I hear my friend calls. I hurridely grab my handbag, final look at myself in the mirror and head outside. When I open the fence door, I see her waiting beside a black BMW. She is wearing tight denim jeans with a sleeveless crop top looking all y as ever. She agreed to send me to my interview since I don't know well about Seoul. 

"What are you wearing?" she asked in bemusement.

"Do I look okay?" 

"Of course not!" she said in disbelief waving her hands in the air.

"Look at the jacket! It is too big on you. You look like you are waering the clothe of someone who is 10 times bigger than you."

"Really? Well, it doesn't matter as long as I reach the interview in time," I shrug. She rolls her eyes at me.

"If you get this job, I will be your make up artist and designer every day," she winks and gets into the driver seat. I chuckle.


 

I gaze out of the car window. I can tell the difference of two districts - Seoul is teaming with energetic life and challenges while my hometown, Pohang is peaceful and warm. Then I start to feel uncomfortable as if I want to vomit the tensions in my stomach. My hands start to get sweaty and cold. I am self possessed in my own thoughts that I don't realize we have reached at my interview.

"I am so nervous," I said shakily.

"You can do it my girl. You are the smart one. Don't gather too much stress in your head," she takes my hand calmly conforting me. "Are you sure it is okay if I don't come and fetch you after your interview?"

"Oh, it is fine. Don't bother. You also have an important class right? I have been in Seoul for one month, don't worry," I said.

She arches an eyebrow looking me suspiciously.

"I have GPS!" I wave my phone to her. 

"Okay. If you are not convenient to get back alone. Call me."

I nod and get out of the car waving a goodbye to her. 

I turn and look at the Dw.L company. The buiding streches tall towards the blue sky and several people entering in and out busily. I take a deep breath and go into the building.

The interview went well. I hope I can get this job. Though I am not sure of myself I would fit in here. I will be fine I reassure myself.

I walk through the rotating door to the outside. The autumn breeze embraces me in a cold hug. I shiver and pull my jacket tightly. I take the stairs down wondering idly how to move on if I don't get this job. This is my fourth interview. I am kind of losing hope with each step I take down widening the distance between me and the company. 

You did well enoughh.You did even better than the past interviews. My inner-self encourages me. 

In the next minute when I gain my consciousness, I slip on the last step about to greet the ground with my knees. But instead, I bang and fall into the arms of someone. ! I don't  get along well with high heels. 

"Are you okay?" manly handsome voice rings in my ears. 

I move my eyes to find out who is the owner of this voice. A tall young man in his mid 20s is looking at me concernly. I am constantly mesmerized by his beauty for a second. He has big brown eyes, straight nose and thin lips. 

Those lips must be so soft! My inner-self is opening her flirty mode. But I immediately move this thought aside.

"Umm... I am okay," I flash.

"Can you stand?" 

I try to stand on my feet. But they give up. My left ankle may have twist. I feel pain radiating from it that I fell back into his arms again. My hands on his firm strong arms.  

"I don't think so," he smiles. 

God, he has the sweetest smile that can melt every woman's heart. I flash crimson again. 

When I looked up into his eyes, they were locked by his gaze for a second. My heart is pounding fast and my mouth goes dry.

"Where are you going?" he breaks the attraction streching between us. 

I turn mong. He is asking me where I am going? He is going to send me back home? What stupid stuffs are you thinking! My inner-self scolds me. 

"I am going home," I answer blankly.

He laughs.

He is laughing at me!

"I mean did you bring your car or you are going to take a cab or something," he said again smiling sweetly. 

See, none of your thoughts is right!

"I am going to take a cab," I answer breathlessly. 

"Let me help you walk to the side of the street," he said putting his arm around my shoulders steadying me on my feet. 

He says something I can't catch up to a man who is in black suit beside him which the man answers with a polite nod.

"You work here?" he asks while leading me to the street aside. 

"No, I am here to sit for the interview at the advertisment department," my voice chokes.

Why am I being nervous? Is it because of his attractive dreamy face? 

When we reach the side of the street, he hold out his hand to catch a cab. While his eyes are fixed on the road, my eyes are fixed on his face. He has the line of manly jaw, face looks fresh and his dark silk-like-hair shines brightly under the sunlight. He is wearing a gray suit with silver patterns necktie. 

In a few minute, a taxi arrives in front of us.

"If I don't have a busy scheldule, I would drive you back," he said opening the car door for me. 

Such a gentleman. My inner-self can't take her eyes of him. 

"Hope to see you again,..."

"Jihyo, Song Ji Hyo," I say before getting into the car.

"Song Ji Hyo," his voice caress my name and the car door close leaving my name in the air. 

"Miss, where do you want to go?" 

"Ilsan please, ajusshi."

I glance back at him and I can see he is still looking at my taxi which is moving forward. The sight of him slowly fades away. I turn back and stare at my fingers on my lap. 

Hope to see you again? I hug myself with glee. 

Stop dreming of a Cindrella story! My inner-self snaps at me. Yeah, she is right. That's just nothing. My heart should not be fluttered. I close my eyes and rest my head on the back seat dragging back my mind which is  magneted to this beautiful man.