TEASER THREE.

ㅤ ㅤ ㅤ   TRVㅤ✕ㅤBIGHIT'S NEW GIRL GROUPㅤ:ㅤ
teaser three。

Jin glances at his calendar, the page flipped to "March" despite it being the beginning of January just so he could wake up and see his face adorning the view of his desk every morning. Ah, he thinks as he stares at his golden facial proportions and basks in his own impeccable charm, bless my mother and father for birthing me with looks like this

It's the first day they've actually gotten any rest and most of the members are doing their own thing: Yoongi's off at his own work space to edit the songs on their next album, Hoseok is having coffee with his sister, Namjoon is—well actually, he doesn't know where Namjoon is, but their manager probably does so whatever—Jimin and Jungkook were in Busan while Taehyung's off doing whatever a Taehyung does. Probably hanging out with one of his friends. 

Jin's phone dings, and he sees a new picture message from Taehyung. Yep, he was right. Like always. 

Sandeul and Jaehwan are busy so he ended up being stuck at home with nothing to do, and at first he loved it since he got a whole pizza pie and some pasta to his own damn self but after all that was finished, he realized he had nothing to do. It's a...Jin stares at his watch, 8PM on a Saturday day night and he had nothing


entertain me He texts to Son Sungdeuk, and at that moment he realizes wow, I really need a hobby. 

He gets no answer for the next half hour so he scrolls through his phone absentmindedly to read a webtoon, until his phone dings again and he sees it's a message from Son Sungdeuk ssaem. ing finally. Pressing his thumb onto the banner he opens the message, only to find a frantic message with incorrect grammar and punctuation everywhere. 


I haVE a fiamily emergacy rn csn you chaperobe the girls??? 

Jin frowns. what? 

You sAID YOure bORED csu get diwn hete and mahe sure these girls dobt pukk while im goneE!!!!

down where

DOWN TO THE PTACTIE ROON WJERE ELSE

damn okay ssaem I'll drive down there sheesh.
Jin shuts off his phone. Sometimes he wonders if Son Sungdeuk is a woman in disguise going through menopause, it's the only plausible explanation for his constant mood swings. He squints down at the hunk of pink metal in his hand, I'm onto you ssaem. 



Before Jin dies, he's always wanted to do a lot of things. Skydiving, swimming with a penguin, traveling the world alone, eating dry aged wagyu beef. He's also wanted to get married, have children, send them off to college and being the father that judges every boyfriend his daughter has and threaten with a (probably fake) shotgun because "you're a respectable Kim and you couldn't find a boy as handsome as I during my prime?"

He looks at the row of girls sitting in front of him, their legs crossed as they glance up at him expectantly. 

Being stared at by the female species was never anything mind boggling or new, but this, this was a new level of awkward and uncomfortable he never know he could reach. Damn you, ssaem. Truly.

"Okay, so um," he clears his throat, looking down at the list of names that had been texted to him, "Son Sungdeuk had an emergency so, uh, he made me fill in for some reason. Yeah. Okay." 

"So what are we going to do today," one of them pipes up, and he mentally notes that she has uncanny resemblance to Jungkook. A long lost sister, maybe. "Unless you want us to just do the same choreography we learned yesterday?" 

Jin snaps his fingers, "That is exactly what we're going to do today..." he trails off. 

"I'm Soyeon!" 

"Soyeon, of course," he laughs nervously, "but alright so he told me to take attendance so um, just say here if...you're here. Okay. So Soyeon is here—" he scrolls down the text, "Grace?" 

"Here." 

"Yeoreum." 

"Here." 

"Seol?" 

"Here."

"Roory." 

"Here."

He goes down the list of names until he finally reaches the end, turning his phone off right after. "And...Quinn." This time there's no answer and he looks up, confused,"Quinn Jang?" he repeats, but nothing. "Where is Quinn Jang?" 

"Probably sleeping around with another trainee again." he hears one of the trainees whisper, and he frowns in distaste when he hears the word "" being thrown around in the small crowd of girls in the corner. There's nothing wrong with having , but there is something wrong with ditching practice for it. 

"I'll just tell Son Sungdeuk she's absent, then," he mumbles before turning the music on, watching the girls practice as the familiar tune of Feeling Myself, and he has to admit that he's impressed. Quite frankly he doesn't know jack about the technicalities about dancing but they were good. Even quiet Yeoreum who he remembered couldn't even properly look at him in the eye back when they met while she was helping out with one of their songs (Blanket Kick, he thinks it was) held her weight. Sure, she was like him in the fact that she wasn't necessarily good, barely passable, but she didn't stick out and he thinks that's all that matters. 

Then there was Seol, someone he also remembers as the actress in their War Of Hormone music video, who wasn't so great either but worlds better compared to last year and he felt proud. It reminded him of when he was a trainee, unsure of his talents and abilities, always questioning. 

Grace, he notes as she struts to the front, was skilled. She naturally stood out and her facial expressions and chubby self were awfully reminiscent of Jimin when he was but a scrawny teenager, and he thinks about how much time has past. 

This time he glances at the only one with dyed hair, the blonde he remembers to be Roory—her smile as she danced was coquettish, and though her skills were obviously not up to par with some of the other girls she had a certain aura nonetheless and she, he decides, is potentially a new Taehyung. 

The song finishes and half the girls collapse onto the floor and he smiles. Though not every trainee could debut in the girl group Namjoon told them about, seeing them all working hard for the same goal was incredibly exhilirating to watch and this, this is the raw beauty of determination, he thinks. 

It's January of 2016, and for the first time in years Jin finally understands the importance of remembering your roots.

 
AUTHOR'S NOTE: okay hey, this is the final teaser until the story officially starts, assuming i dont get 10+ apps within the next few weeks. anyway i just wanted to tell y'all that you are now free to hand in as many applications as you'd like, the hard limit being four but i doubt that any of you guys have the time for that lmao. anyway happy applying and hope y'all had fun reading this as i did writing it!

ps yay for jin-centric teaser. lets love jin. appreciate jin. i decided to make this chapter revolve around him because i felt like as someone who never planned on being an idol or being involved with music at all he probaly had many thoughts as a trainee and a lot of doubt, so he just felt fitting.