The Bees

Divine Love

‘Did you sense something going on between this two?’ Jungyeon (Bee) signalled to Nayeon (Bee) in bee language.

‘You feel it too? You know what, let’s do what we planned. Jihyo says that we need to get them both to get along with each other’ Nayeon (Bee) buzzed back.

‘Cant wait.’

As Tzuyu and Sana came close to a river stream, a hoard of bees launched themselves at the pair.

Caught off-guarded, Tzuyu did the only thing she could do. She pulled Sana along into the nearest river, a temporary safe haven for the duo.

They both dived straight into the river and held on to their breaths for dear life. Underneath the river surface, both Tzuyu and Sana opened their eyes. They knew that the bees were still hovering above the river surface as they could hear the buzzing sounds underneath the water.

The bees were obviously not going off for some time since this was part of the Gemini’s Gods secret plan. They wanted to see the duo’s shocked expressions for a little before letting them have their own way. After all, they are entitled to mess around with them since they have given the both help for their mission right?

~Tzuyu’s POV~

After what seems like an eternity underneath the water, I can see Sana sending me signs of distress through her eyes. Her expressions are getting contorted and uneasy. Something seems wrong. Could it be that her innate nature (of being a Sun) has caused her to be weak in colder and harsher environments like this? Either way, I think I should do something about this before something goes wrong. The bees are still buzzing above the river surface. If we leave the river now, it could be dangerous for the both of us. If we do not leave, I think that Sana will not be able to bear with this any longer.

~

Sana’s lips were getting paler and paler. Just like what Tzuyu had thought, Sana really doesn’t fare well under harsher environments like this. The keeper of the Sun obtains all of her energy from heat, and being kept in colder environments such as water would only drain the Sun’s energy. This is unlike Tzuyu, who is used to such environments since she is the keeper of the rain. As Sana’s body weakens, Tzuyu knew that she had to do something. She immediately got out of the water first, leaving her companion stranded in the river to protect her from the vicious bees.

The bees were as angry and as greedy as ever. They attacked viciously and stung Tzuyu’s thighs and arms.

‘Do bees hate the rain? Should I summon it now to drive these pesky bugs away?’ Tzuyu thought.

Before she started using her power, Nayeon and Jungyeon bee who were observing the situation, felt that they were going a little too far with their little prank. They immediately signalled for all the bees to fly away, much to the surprise of Tzuyu who was already prepared to summon the rain. Tzuyu did not give another thought about it because she remembered that Sana is still in agony under the river surface.

She grabbed Sana by the wrist and slowly and carefully lifted her out of the river. Sana coughed and sputtered out water once she came ashore.

‘Are you alright?’ Tzuyu asked with a hint of softness in her voice.

Sana was too weak to reply. She continued coughing.

Without a second word, Tzuyu slung Sana’s arm on her shoulder and slowly walked her into a tiny cave for shelter.

Tzuyu settled Sana down on top of a huge rock in the cave and started setting up campfire for the night. Once that is done, she settled herself beside Sana and pulled Sana’s head to her shoulder while holding on to her, ensuring that she is warm and comfortable.

Sana was too tired to do or think about anything else. She let Tzuyu hold on to her as they rested on each other. As the night passes, the duo remained silent with some form of mutual understanding that they are both looking out for the latter.  

Meanwhile, Jungyeon and Nayeon (still in bee form) continued watching the both of them while feeling guilty for making Sana ill after pulling their prank a little too far.

The next morning, Tzuyu woke up earlier than Sana. Their clothes have dried by now and the campfire was extinguished. Sana was still lying on her shoulder and she was still holding on to her. In fact, their positions remained the same since the night before. Tzuyu’s shoulders were sore and cramping up from the weight of Sana’s head. However, she did not moved one bit.  Using her free hand, she touched Sana’s forehead to check for signs of fever. Tzuyu let out a sigh of relief once she knew that Sana was fine. She continued letting Sana lean on her and sat like an unmoving stone.

Jungyeon (Bee) and Nayeon (Bee) have woken up from their slumber as well.

‘Omo, don’t you think they look so cute together?’ Nayeon squealed to Jungyeon.

‘You and your fan-gay moments. Why aren’t you as nice as Tzuyu is to Sana to me?’ Jungyeon sighed.

‘Well, that’s cause you are not as cute as Sana.’

‘YAAA, what did you say?? Stay there and don’t you dare run away. Im coming to sting you!’

‘Holy sheet’ Nayeon said as she flew away.

The two bees buzzed and circled around the whole den while Tzuyu continued sitting in an upright posture, waiting for Sana to come around.

Update; so I had some inspiration so I decided to write this chapter even though I am *supposed* to be studying for my finals. Ok Im even about to finish the next chapter already. Will be uploading it in a few days time before I actually go on hiatus till the end of April. See you guys soon <3 And good luck to all those who are taking their finals as well ^_^