To The Palace

Divine Love

The duo strutted on. After what seemed like an eternity of walking, Tzuyu and Sana finally reached the front gates of Hirai Momo’s palace. Of course, just like every other palace you have seen in k-dramas, this one has mean-looking guards too.

After some minutes of Aegyo, Sana managed to convince one of the guards that she was none other than Hirai Momo’s special entourage and that Tzuyu is the new palace maid who is here on her first day of duty. All the communication was completely done in Japanese without Tzuyu’s knowledge of what is going on. Should she have known that she was here as a “palace maid”, Sana’s life could be in danger all over again?

Fast forward to hours of walking through what seemed like a hundred hallways, the duo found themselves lost in the never-ending space. Tzuyu was starting to feel impatient as they have been pacing for the past hour, with Sana trying to ask around for directions, yet they couldn’t find Hirai Momo’s presence at all. Not even her shadow could be seen.

‘Let’s just give up, it's not happening, we won’t see Momo. We still have a mission on hand.’ Tzuyu sighed.

‘No! We are almost there! I can feel it, my sixth sense has been tingling. I smell a whiff of beauty in the air.’ Sana said.

‘No, we are leaving.’ Tzuyu said with annoyance in her tone. She proceeded to grab Sana’s wrist to drag the over-excited puppy out of the palace.

Just went they about to leave, as luck would have it, something, or rather, someone caught the glimpse of Sana’s eyes. Laded in a shiny silk gown, with face half-covered by a silky mask, a suspicious figure looks like she could be attempting to make some form of an escape.

‘Looking for something?’ Sana shouted in Japanese. Tzuyu, who was still trying to drag Sana out of the room, stopped dead in her tracks.

‘Huh?’ Tzuyu asked.

‘Not you, I’m talking to her!’ Sana exclaimed excitedly and pointed in the direction of the suspicious figure.

The hooded figure turned around, looking a little frantic and exasperated. With tiny and nimble footsteps, she made her way towards the duo.

‘Shh. Be quiet around here.’ The masked person whispered.

‘Why? Who are you? What are you doing? Why are you here? And how are you?’ Sana whispered back excitedly.

‘She seems a little… Just a little … suspicious. Should we be reporting her to someone?’ Tzuyu added.

‘How about you guys? I’m pretty sure none of you belong here. Now let’s all go on our own ways.’ The masked girl replied.

‘Something seems weird.’ Without hesitation, Tzuyu let go of Sana’s wrist. Before anyone had time to react, she peeled off the mask on the girl’s face.

Or… should we say, the woman’s face?

Behind that mask, stood the most beautiful woman both Tzuyu and Sana has ever seen in their entire lives. With flawless skin and poise of elegance, as well as strikingly soft features, a young woman who seemed like she was in her early twenties stood before them.

Startled, Tzuyu attempted to hand over the mask in the most apologetic manner she could.

‘I’m so… sorry.’ Tzuyu said. Sana immediately translated the apology to Japanese and bowed, seeking forgiveness at her companion’s recklessness.

‘Hey, seems like I have been exposed. Let’s get out of this palace first, I will explain everything later. It’s urgent. Will you guys help me?’ replied the woman.

‘But… you haven’t told us your name yet!’ Sana retorted.

‘Oh sorry. Allow me to introduce myself…’.

‘PIANG’. – A vase broke. The trio was startled. Someone has been listening to this conversation.

Forward: It’s been five years huh? I always never finish what I started, and I decided to change that. This will be the first step; I will finish Divine Love regardless of whether anyone is still reading this story. Enjoy, and I apologize to every single reader for my disappearance. It’s been a terrific (terrible and great) 5 years and TWICE has grown and changed so much. I am still part of the fandom, quietly following in the shadows. Alright, enough rambling, please enjoy the story.