The Hut

Divine Love

A flash of light appeared right before Sana’s eyes. It blinded her temporarily as the light was way too bright. By the time her eyes opened, she was on some patch of dry grass, with Tzuyu lying beside her.


‘Why are you guys so reckless. I can’t believe that God sent me to babysit two idiots’ Jihyo appeared beside Sana and rolled her eyes at her.


‘We almost got turned into fried chicken and that’s all you have to say? Where were you when we needed you?’ Sana retorted angrily.


‘I was given clear orders to not intervene in this mission at all. I didn’t think that you guys were dumb enough to have almost killed yourselves.’ Jihyo replied. ‘This is the last time I am saving your asses. Ciao’


With that being said, white smoke engulfed Jihyo and she disappeared without a trace.
‘Ok. So what do I do now? Oh right, Tzuyu!’ Sana exclaimed.


She turned around to see Tzuyu lying peacefully beside her. Sana took a proper look at her face for the first time. Tzuyu is indeed beautiful. She looked so much like an angel when she was sleeping and Sana couldn’t resist sweeping Tzuyu’s fringe off her forehead to take a closer look at her face. As her fingers came into contact with Tzuyu’s forehead, she gasped slightly. Tzuyu’s forehead was scorching hot. She must have had fever all this while. Is that why she was smiling and cracking lame jokes out of the blue? That is probably the case since she was always so cool and composed. Smiling and cracking lame jokes just didn’t seem like something Tzuyu would have done on a normal basis.
Concerned, Sana knew that she has to do something about Tzuyu before her condition worsens.


*pit-pat* *pit-pat*


Rain started pouring. Is this caused by her fever?


*PIT-PAT* *PIT-PAT*


The rain drops got heavier and heavier. This is bad, I have to get Tzuyu out of this rain before her fever worsens. Sana thought. She lugged Tzuyu’s arms over her shoulders and half dragged her into the nearest hut for shelter.


By then, Tzuyu was already drenched in a mixture of sweat and rain drops. Sana, worried that her companion’s illness worsens, dragged her onto a pile of straws and hays in the hut and begin starting a fire in the middle of the hut. After what seemed like an eternity, the fire was finally lit.

‘I can’t believe that I, the Sun had to manually make my own fire. This is absurd’ Sana thought as she went over to feel Tzuyu’s forehead.


Tzuyu’s fever was definitely not getting any better. Her clothes were still drenched.
‘This won’t do.’ Sana thought as she begins rummaging the hut for any fabric that her companion could change into. Luckily for her, she managed to find two outfits (which Jihyo has secretly hidden in a corner of the hut). Without any hesitation, she quickly helped herself to one of the outfits and changed Tzuyu into the warmer outfit of the two.


The rain was pouring heavily outside. Sana knew that this rain would never stop until Tzuyu gets better. She sighed and went to draw some well water and gathered some food in the heavy downpour. By the time she was back, she was drenched from top to toe. She attempted to boil some water on some dingy looking pot that she has found somewhere in the hut and ate a few of the apples that she have gathered from an apple tree nearby.


*cough* *cough*


The sound of Tzuyu’s cough woke Sana up from her slumber. She fell asleep next to Tzuyu a while ago.


‘Are you alright?’ Sana whispered as she nudged Tzuyu’s shoulders slightly.
Tzuyu’s eyes batted open slowly.


‘Owwwh. My head… Where am I and what happened again?’ Tzuyu said weakly. Her lips were pale and her breaths were battered and weak.


‘Do you not remember? We were just at the burning hut just now and Jihyo saved us. Anyway, you should rest more, you are sick.’ Sana said as she walked over to the corner of the hut. She came back a few minutes later with the dingy looking pot and a cup that she weaved from a few leaves.


‘Here, have some of these. I made apple mash.’ Sana said as she handed Tzuyu some marshy looking substance in the leafy cup.

‘Ew, that’s gross’ Tzuyu said as she somehow managed to roll her eyes a little even though she was really tired.

‘Come on, try it! It tastes better than it looks!’ Sana quipped.

Tzuyu dip her fingers into the mushy substance and some of the mush off her fingers. Sana’s lips parted a little, whilst anticipating Tzuyu’s reaction. Tzuyu smiled a little, but quickly wiped off her smile when she caught Sana looking at her expectantly.

‘It’s urm… It’s edible I guess. I guess I have no choice but to take it since I am really hungry anyway’ Tzuyu muttered.

‘Sure, take the whole cup! I will go get more of it!’ Sana quipped happily as she walked into the other corner of the hut.

The downpour got a little less heavy and the Sun slowly showed itself.

Tzuyu, upon seeing that Sana had her back turned, gobbled down the entire cup of apple mash in happiness and subsequently, pretended like nothing happened when Sana returned.