Writing Lyrics

Kind of Iffy
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

May 2013

 

I have a lil' something these days

It's like I know your heart but I don't, it's ambiguous

You and I, we have a lil' something 

It's like you'll give me your heart but won't

We're having a lil' something

 

"Hmm, maybe this would sound better..." Anna sang the lyrics to herself, before shaking her head. "That's not it, ah!" She quickly scribbled something out in her notebook, writing a new phrase. "Much better." The composer looked quite pleased with herself.

Then she heard loud knocking on her door, followed by an equally noisy husky voice.

"Yeahnie!! Open up! It's me!" Hyorin continued knocking on Anna's poor apartment door.

"*sigh* Of course it is." Anna got off her couch to open her door. "What brings you here, Hyorin-ssi?" She asked as Hyorin walked past her and sat down on the couch. "How'd Hyorin-ssi find out where I lived?"

Honestly, Anna had expected Hyorin to barge into her apartment like she owned it months ago. She sat on the other end of the couch.

"What's wrong with wanting to see my Yeahnie?" Hyorin asked teasingly with a cheeky grin. "I figured Dasom-ah would know where you lived, seeing as you two are so close, so I asked her. Lucky for me, my favorite maknae and composer live in the same building~"

"*sigh* Really lucky." Not for her.

"So, we should go out for lunch, yeah?" Hyorin then asked Anna out on a date like she normally did every time she saw her.

"Really busy with writing a song for SISTAR's album. So no." And like usual, Anna rejected her bluntly.

"Hah, it was worth a shot."

"It really wasn't, I've rejected Hyorin-ssi for a whole year now."

"True, but I'm not the type to give up so easily~"

"I know that too."

"Anyway, speaking of the album, I have some lyrics for a song. Can Yeahnie read them and give me her opinion?" Hyorin asked seriously.

"Ah, of course." Anna took the notebook from Hyorin's hands, reading over what Hyorin had so far. "Oh, I'm surprised."

"Wae? Is it bad?" Hyorin asked with a little nervousness. She really did value her favorite composer's opinion, after all.

"Aniyo, quite the opposite. I really like it, actually I love it."

"Jjinja?!" 

"Mmhmm. I just didn't expect Hyorin-ssi to write such an emotional song."

"I have many sides to me, Yeahnie. Fall for me, yet?" Hyorin , winking flirtatiously. That got Anna to roll her eyes and hit her leg. "Ow! Apa~" Hyoding whined.

"C'mon, I'm still finishing up A Week. Hyorin-ssi can finish Crying while she's here." Anna said, refocusing on her lyrics.

"Arasseo~" The childish leader replied obediently, happy to be spending any time alone with her Yeahnie. She grabbed her notebook and pen with a new sense of vigor, but her attention quickly went to Kovu who had sauntered out of Anna's room. "Yeahnie's a cat eomma too?!" She asked with visible excitement, making the composer look at her confused.

"Um, yes? What's with the surprise-"

"Yeahnie should let unnie treat her to dinner!"

"I already said no to Hyorin-ssi just a few minutes ago!"

Hyorin still didn't get the date she wanted, but she did get to have chicken with Anna while they were finishing up their songs. And to Anna's surprise, her Kovu-yah actually took to Hyorin right away!

Hyorin just saw it as more of a reason for Anna to date her, of course.

"See, even Kovu-yah wants his eomma to date me~"

"Or, he could just like Hyorin-ssi because she has cats too."

"I like my reason better."

I think of you on Monday, I get curious about you on Tuesday

Should I confess to you on

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter