Nag, Nag, Nag

Kind of Iffy
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

July 2014

 

Stop staying out so late,

Try not to drink so often

You never listen to me just like a 10 year old child

I can only laugh

Who are you calling a child?

Really, I can't help laughing

 

"Yeahnie, want to go out with us tonight?"

"Are you asking me on a group date?"

"No. But if you want a solo date with yours truly..."

"Pass."

"Meanie. You'll say yes eventually." Hyorin had that all too familiar childish pout on her face, a sight Anna and the others were well accustomed to.

"You said that two years ago, unnie."

"And I'll keep saying it until Yeahnie agrees."

Anna let out a half resigned, half amused sigh. She thought two years of flat out rejection would have deterred Hyorin by now, it'd deter anyone else!

"Anyway, back to the first question, sure. What are we doin' tonight?"

"We are going to get our dance on, that's what!" Bora cheered with a goofy fist pump.

"Don't you dance enough with your job?" Anna asked bluntly, making Soyou lightly bop her in the forehead. "Ow!"

"Hush, you. We want to dance for fun too, you know?"

She felt Dasom hug her neck, pulling her closer towards her.

"It'll be a nice break from sitting at a desk working on a song-"

"-for your comeback this month, need I remind you-"

"-which means our hardworking producer deserves to let loose."

 

You don't know how it feels for me to say those things

You don't know that I just only want to have nice conversations with you

Should we stop? (Let's stop)

 

Anna did get to cut loose for a while, getting lost in the club lights and slight buzz of alcohol, and just dancing the night away with friends.

Even if Hyorin was clingier whenever someone asked to dance with her, as if her personal space didn't exist. She didn't rebuke her or push her away, if only because she didn't want to deal with a sulking Hyokid.

But then the buzz went away and she realized how late it was getting and how much the others had to drink.

"C'mon, time to go home." She corralled them all into Hyorin's car and made sure they were buckled up. She ignored Hyorin, who sat up front with her, who was poking her in the cheek and mumbling something about cuteness and stupid people. Dasom and Bora were happily chattering about how much fun they had, while Soyou was dozing off.

Deciding it was easier to crash at Dasom's place instead of dropping everyone off one by one, Anna had to support a sleepy Soyou with an arm over her shoulders, while Hyorin just back hugged her like a baby koala, and Bora and Dasom linked hands with Soyou's free one.

Well, at least they weren't wandering away.

"Look! We're paper people!" She assumed Dasom was referencing the paper cutouts one made in preschool.

"I need to instagram this! Whose squad goals now?"

"I don't feel squad goals right now." She muttered under her breath as she led them into the elevator. Oh no, was she the mom friend of the squad then?

"I'm tired."

"I want to sleep."

"Are we home yet?"

"Yeahnie smells good."

Three of them yawned, while Hyorin burrowed her face into the back of her neck. 

"We're almost there, then you can sleep." She ignored Hyorin's comment as if she didn't hear it, though the blush on her face said otherwise.

 

From one to ten, they're all words to make you better

But since you don't listen to me, it only sounds like a nag to you

Let's stop, let's stop, there's not even enough time for us to just love

This nagging is said from my heart not just randomly

I can't help but keep nagging even if you hate it

Let's stop, let's stop, all I can hear is your nagging

Are you eating at the right time?

Are you keeping distance from other girls?

I just want to be by your side

That's my feeling to you

If I could put you in my pocket, I will be really happy

 

And in true exasperated caring mother fashion

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter