Is that a yes?

Kind of Iffy
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

June 2013

 

Whenever it's a rainy day as we listen to the sound of rain

Please whisper to me all night

Also please tell me that you miss me everyday

So I can't forget about you for even a second

 

Anna wasn't a fan of summer, despite being a summer child.

Summers just brought out the sun's demonic side, making it beam heat rays that sapped away your strength and made you all grossly sweaty.

It was the worst season in existence. To her, at least.

She much preferred the rainy season of spring, and she adored lightning. Not so much thunder.

Rain evoked her creativity, making her write lots of songs or poems, and it evoked a sense of comfort, of cuddling with Kovu or her significant other at the time.

But alas, it was summer.

The more I see you, you are crazy

Even if you cry and cling on, it's over

Oh no oh oh, oh no oh oh, oh no oh~

At the familiar ringtone playing, Anna answered her phone with a sigh.

"Hyorin-ssi."

"Yeahnie, we should hang out after the mv shoot is over."

"It will kind of be late, don't you think?"

"That is true... ah! How about some lunch the next day?"

"That requires leaving my nice cool apartment. No thank you."

"Aww, you don't want to go out and enjoy the sunshine, Yeahnie?"

"I have nothing against sunshine. I do have something against the heat."

"Then does Yeahnie hate going to the beach?"

"No, I actually like beach trips."

"I see..."

"Anyway, aren't you on break, Hyorin-ssi? What are you doing calling me?"

"What? I can't call if I miss you?"

Anna had to roll her eyes at that, but couldn't help but tease back. "Can't stay away from me for long, huh?"

"Nope. I'm clingy." It surprised her how true that was, especially pertaining to Yeahnie.

"Well then, I don't want to get you in trouble for staying on the phone too long. Do well, Clingy."

"Ne~"

 

Look at me and smile as if you were dreaming

In my heart there's a butterfly 

my heart is overwhelmed

Give it to me give it to me your heart

Tell me everything your heart right now

Everything is mine you're my love

Give it to me give it to me Throw your heart baby

Even if you don't ask I told you my answer is yes

Give it to me give it to me I want to know now

Please say "you're mine" to me

 

It was a peaceful afternoon, and Anna was spending it on her couch, reading a book. Kovu was lounging on the floor where the sun's rays hit.

Everyday tranquility for a cat and his human. 

Until a knock on the door broke that peace.

"I got it, Kovu-yah." Anna got up after her baby gave her that you-go-get-it look, before returning to his sunbathing. She opened the door, only for Hyorin to walk past her and invite herself in. 

"How nice to see you, why don't you come in Hyorin-ssi." Anna muttered to herself, before joining Hyorin at the couch. "You could've sent a text that you were coming over, you know?" Seeing that she had room to lay down, Anna made herself comfortable, leaving room for her guest to sit at the end.

Apparently, she didn't need to.

With a big sigh, Hyorin made herself comfortable atop Anna, nuzzling her face against her chest. Anna felt her eye twitch.

"Hyorin-ssi?"

"Mm?"

"Are you using my s as a pillow?" 

"Yeahnie's really comfortable... and warm."

"I'm sure my exes would agree with you on that."

Hyorin made her dissatisfaction known, grumbling to herself, tightening her arms around Anna's midriff.

Anna sighed, resigning to her fate as human bed. 

In the ensuing silence, the pair just laid on the couch, Anna staring up at the ceiling, book and phone out of reach. She glanced down at the he

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter