A Lovely Date

Kind of Iffy
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

April 2012

 

I know we're not close enough to say these words

But do you have time today?

The weather is so nice

the sun is shining so much

and I keep thinking about you

 

Anna had joined Starship ENT as a composer in 2012 after studying music composition in New York, and she was forever grateful to the daepyonim for giving her her big chance. It was around the time SISTAR was promoting Alone, that Anna was introduced to them.

"Ah! Girls, this is the new composer that we hired."

"Annyeonghaseyo. Anna Park imnida, nice to meet you." Anna then bowed in greeting, the girl group doing the same.

"Hello Anna-ssi, I'm Yoon Bora. Nice to meet you." The bright rapper said with a friendly wave.

"I'm Kang Soyou, hello Anna-ssi." The lead vocal with a slightly raspy voice went next.

"Kim Hyorin. Nice to meet you." The tan leader with a husky voice greeted her bowing.

"I'm Kim Dasom. Hi Anna-ssi! Were you from America?" The Snow White maknae asked curiously.

"Ah, no. I just went to school in New York, and Yeahn's a bit hard to pronounce. So Anna became my English name." Anna explained sheepishly.

"Yeahn's your real name?" Soyou asked in turn.

"Ne, SISTAR-ssi can call me whatever they prefer." Anna replied with a nod.

"Yeahn-ssi it is then." Hyorin said with a small smile.

Hyorin-ssi has a pretty smile, Anna thought as they walked away.

 

If you call me, ok

Whenever it is, I'll go to you, ok

I feel the same way

Wanna start dating?

June 2012

 

We're so lovely right now

Lovelier than anyone else

A mysterious force wraps around us

We're romantic right now

Romantic like the movies

Your look, the sunlight, your smile, everything is so good

 

Two months had gone by, SISTAR was done promoting Alone, and Anna had grown close with SISTAR. The girls had taken to chatting with her in the recording booth when they were free, going out for food, and even hanging out with her in her apartment or their dorm. Because they were the same age (Dasom a month older), Anna was quickly good friends with the maknae, best friends even.

It was around that time that Hyorin expressed her interest in the young composer.

Anna had exited the recording booth, after several hours of lyric writing and messing around with music arrangements. She was surprised to see Hyorin waiting for her alone outside. This was a first. Anna was used to seeing Hyorin with at least one of her members or all of them. 

"Hyorin-ssi? This is unexpected, what are you doing here?" Anna asked with surprise.

"Hey Yeahn-ah, have you eaten yet?" Hyorin greeted her with a grin.

"I had a granola bar and some water an hour ago..." Anna answered, rubbing the back of her neck sheepishly.

"Eyy~ that doesn't count. C'mon, I'll take you out for some coffee. I have to make sure my favorite composer stays healthy." Hyorin said teasingly.

"Correct me if I'm wrong, but it almost sounded like Hyorin-ssi asked me out on a date..." Anna trailed off with an equally teasing tone.

"It's exactly what it sounds like, so... is that a yes?" Hyorin straightforwardly asked. When she saw something she wanted, she would go after it without hesitation. And she definitely liked Park Yeahn.

"That is a yes, Hyorin-ssi. I hope you know a nice cafe with a lot of bread." Anna followed after the tanned leader.

"Of course! Who do you think I am, Yeahn-ah?!" Hyorin replied with mock indigna

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter