Sing For You (Chanho)

The World Park Chanyeol Only Knows

"AND THE WINNER OF THE 22ND IDOL CHAMPIONSHIP IS...

....

.....

.........KIM JOONMYEON!" The announcer shouted, pointing to the winner. Kim Joonmyeon had fluffy, dark brown hair, a wide smile framed by full cheekbones and pale, unmarked pretty skin. He was beaming with happiness, tears flowing as he just couldn't believe his fate. Only in high school and he had won this prestigious honour. Seven hard, long years filled with blood, sweat and tears had finally paid off. Applause and earsplitting cheers filled the studio and the home of one Park Chanyeol, where Yura was currently watching the live broadcast. 

 

"YAHHHHHHHHHHHHH! JOONMYEON WON!!!!!!! I'M SO HAPPY!!!!!" Yura screamed, jumping up and down. Since Yura had been in Chanyeol's class, she was well liked for her sweet demeanour and cute looks. She was quickly introduced to South Korea's pop culture scene and quickly became a fan of Kpop, most noticeably Kim Joonmyeon, a fast moving rookie who was extremely popular. Chanyeol just rolled his eyes as he went back to playing his games. So far no alerts of runaway spirits had sounded and he was hoping it would stay that way. 

 

"Tch, real life idols. What a boring relic of the real world." 

 

"WHAT DID YOU SAY." Yura's nostrils flared up in anger, daring Chanyeol to trash talk her idol. 

 

"Let me teach you something useful." Once again, Chanyeol had dramatically pushed up his glasses and pointed dramatically at Joonmyeon on the T.V. "In the real world, idols can only go down. They age, their voice starts getting ty, their looks go down and they are all but quickly replaced by the next idol, who will also age, and get ugly and lose their talent. That's only the best case scenario. Sometimes idols even turn to drugs, or get involved in scandals, or are just bad mannered people in general. For real life idols, its a cycle of death! But for game idols, it's a cycle of rebirth. First there was the pixellated idol, who didn't even have a voice to sing with, then the idol was given colour and a real body, after, a voice actor was given and the idol could move around. Hatsune Miku was the first game world idol to debut and now a slew of beautiful, forever innocent and young 2D idols have been born. FOR GAME WORLD IDOLS, THE ONLY WAY IS UP." Chanyeol shouted, clenching in determination. 

 

"NO!" Yura shouted 

 

"YES!" Chanyeol retorted. 

 

"NO!" 

 

"YES!"

 

"NO!" 

 

"YES!"

 

"NO!" 

 

"YES!"

 

"WILL YOU PLEASE GIVE ME SOME PEACE AND QUIET!" Chanyeol's mother shouted. Yura had manipulated her memory to think that Yura was always part of the family in order to stay as Chanyeol's sister. While a usually sweet and caring mother, she was particularly irate at the constant bickering of Chanyeol and Yura, but she loved them all the same. Secretly Yura was now her favourite has she made a fine, polite daughter. She was glad she finally had someone to talk to, instead of her basically absent son. 

 

"Ugh, you're such a depressing guy." Yura pouted, opting to watch Joonmyeon sing instead of Chanyeol again ranting about how the game world was better than the real world. Her eyes shone brightly as she watched Joonmyeon sing. His voice was really so pretty...

 

He was so pretty. Yura sighed and continued to watch, as Chanyeol continued to play his games. And another uneventful night had passed in the Park household. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"Oh my!" 

 

That was all that could be said of the hallway as the bell rang for lunch. It was absolutely packed with people, carrying varying degrees of cameras as well as students on their highest alerts. Almost all the students were positioned around the hallway, as if an invisible runway was in the school. 

 

"Umm, Baekhyun, what exactly is happening today?" Yura asked, tapping Baekhyun, who was also one of the students prepped to take pictures. 

 

"Oh My God, Yura don't you know?" Baekhyun's mouth fell in shock. "Kim Joonmyeon is coming back to school." 

 

"AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" Yura had promptly fainted as Baekhyun giggled and went back to his post. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"Ahh, it's been so long since I've been here..." Joonmyeon whispered aloud. He was alone, on the school rooftop, prepping himself for the hundreds of fans waiting for him in the school. 

 

"I just really can't believe someone like me has reached such a status!" He smiled happily, clapping his hands together. "Seven years... everyone knows my name... Well I just hope I don't make a bad one for myself hahahaha...." He trailed off, watching the clouds lazily float across the sky, unaware of the dazzling talent beneath their nose. 

 

"I'll definitely be sure to impress, no matter what happens. I guess I'll never go back to my old, boring, nobody life. But that's fine by me!" He spun around gleefully and almost tripped as he noticed that he wasn't the only one on the roof. 

 

Chanyeol had escaped up to the rooftop, unaware and uninterested of the arrival of Kim Joonmyeon. All he wanted was some peace and quiet to play his dating games and was oblivious to Joonmyeon talking to himself right in front of him. 

 

"Oh My! I'm sorry, I must seem like a crazy person, talking to myself and you just happened to pass by. Hahahaha..." Joonmyeon bowed to Chanyeol, who finally looked up. 

 

 

 

"I'm sorry, but who are you?" Chanyeol's eyes were blank, completely unaware that THE Kim Joonmyeon was talking to him 

 

...

 

...

 

...

 

"Hahahahaha, I...I guess I shouldn't be surprised. Not everyone should know me. I'm still just a rookie after all..." Joonmyeon bowed his head, chest erratically rising and falling as Chanyeol stared, waiting for an answer before deciding it was too much of a bother and going back to his game. 

 

Quick as a flash, Joonmyeon pulled out two stun guns and ran straight into Chanyeol's stomach, where he dug the stun guns right into his belly button.

 

The echoing of screams clamoured together in the wispy autumn day as the clouds stopped and hovered over, as if watching in amusement the scene playing out before them. 

 

"MMMMPIOHGLIAUWRHGFLSDHFJKDSALHF!" Chanyeol was close to foaming at the mouth from the strong pressure and the literal shock of stun guns being driven into him by this crazy guy. No, he didn't remember saying anything offensive, so why did he feel like his guts were going to be fried and pushed out of the back of him like some grotesque sausage stand. 

 

"SEVEN YEARS! SEVEN YEARS AND THIS IS ALL I GET FROM IT. SEVEN ING YEARS, DO YOU EVEN UNDERSTAND WHAT I WENT THROUGH TO BECOME THE IDOL I AM TODAY. WHY? AM I JUST NOT GOOD ENOUGH? AM I JUST A PIECE OF TRASH, READY TO THROW AWAY WHEN THE NEXT, PRETTIER AND MORE TALENTED PERSON COMES ALONG? WHY ARE YOU DOING THIS TO M-" 

 

A loud ringing shot through the confines of this torturous scene as Joonmyeon quickly put away the stun guns and pulled out his phone.

 

"Aish! Change of plans." He muttered while turning away, before abruptly turning back to Chanyeol. He watched in terror as Joonmyeon smiled a sickly saccharine smile as he asked in a sing song voice. 

 

"What's your name?"

 

"P....P...Park....Ch..Chanyeol..." He trembled, immediately regretted sharing any personal information with this dangerously violent psycho. 

 

Joonmyeon turned his back to Chanyeol and quickly fiddled with something, before he bent down and grabbed the now charred and completely drained Chanyeol and helped him up to his feet.

 

"Well well well Park Chanyeol. Prepare to be defeated." Joonmyeon smirked, a glint in his brown eyes as he turned back to a helicopter which had suddenly appeared to chauffeur Joonmyeon to his "change of plans". 

 

Joonmyeon was now a speck in the sky as Chanyeol lied back down on the concrete base of the school rooftop, feeling worse than when he had marathoned a slew of dating games for 5 days straight. Unaware of the crowd of students dashing up to the roof, shouting "AHHHH, Joonmyeon was right here and we missed him!", he closed his eyes, and felt nothing. 

 

"Mr Park! Mr Park! Can you hear me! Dear Brother! Please don't die!!" Yura was violently shaking Chanyeol as he waved her away and slowly supported himself on his elbows. 

 

"What... Happened?"

 

"Well, all I saw was that Joonmyeon's helicopter had flown away and you were passed out!" Yura looked over Chanyeol in worry, and a sudden voice rang out. 

 

"Park, I swear to GOD if you did not get any pictures of Joonmyeon I will flay you down to the bone!" Baekhyun roared, towing along a perpetually sleepy Jongin. 

 

"Umm, I've already died today, so if you can wait until tomorrow, I'll be ready to flay." Chanyeol laid back down on the concrete, scowling as his memories of Joonmyeon's surprise Pikachu attack had came rushing back, as did the pain in his body. 

 

"AHHHHHH!" Baekhyun clutched at his hair, while Jongin patted his back in an attempt to console him. "Good-for-nothing geeky virus!" Baekhyun huffed off in annoyance, as Jongin shrugged in apology to Yura and Chanyeol, then walked off with Baekhyun. 

 

With the help of Yura, Chanyeol had stood up, and started brushing himself off when suddenly, he felt a hard, plasticky case in his pocket. If his PFP was in his other pocket, then what was this... 

 

He pulled out a album, with Joonmyeon's sweet smile plastered as the cover. 

 

"WHAT! This is his new, only going to be released tomorrow album! AHH! I'm so jealous!" Yura whined. 

 

Chanyeol, however was less than thrilled, as he gripped the case, taking the beaming face as an insult and a challenge. CD cover Joonmyeon mocked him behind his wide smile and dark brown eyes. "Damn, that bastard, He must've slipped this in when he was pulling me up." Chanyeol thought, wishing to drop it off the school roof. "Why did he even give this to me?" He turned the case over, as Yura cried out again, seeing her game obsessed brother getting a SIGNED, UNRELEASED album from KIM JOONMYEON. The message however, was far from fan friendly. 

Park Chanyeol, You better come to the school roof tomorrow at lunch, or I will find you, and I will taser you.  

Signed, Kim Joonmyeon. <3

 

"That ing audacity! What the hell is with the heart? And I'm probably going to get tased either way!" Chanyeol roared, almost crushing the album before Yura wrestled it out of his hands and hugged the album tight to her chest. 

 

"You've gotta go! I don't want to see you like this, it breaks my heart, seeing my dear brother in pain." Yura sniffled. 

 

"Please, cut the crap. You just want to tag along to see him." Chanyeol narrowed his eyes, while Yura giggled nervously, hiding her face behind the CD.