What Is Love - Finale

The World Park Chanyeol Only Knows

The school was completely deserted as Jongin hobbled on his crutches, carrying a wicker basket filled with fried chicken and fruits. 

"Oii Park Chanyeol!! What is the meaning of this?" He shouted, squinting in the dark, tyring to make out a figure. 

"I don't know what you're trying to do, but I can't even walk, let alone dance." Jongin huffed out. "And is this really supposed to make me feel better?" The note in the basket said "Gift for the sick" 

"I was hoping if you ate that, then you would regain your energy and dance tomorrow." Chanyeol said, stepping out to meet Jongin. 

"WHAT THE HELL DUDE. HAVE YOU SEEN MY LEG? THERE'S NO WAY I CAN DANCE." Jongin yelled, lobbing an apple at him for good measure. 

"Well you seemed to have eaten most of the chicken so..." Chanyeol was hit in the mouth with a banana and Jongin was blushing furiously. "SHUT UP, DUMBO!" 

"Besides, you're not really injured, are you?" At this, Jongin stopped throwing the contents of the basket and froze in shock at Chanyeol's words. 

"You couldn't have gotten an injury like that from dancing." Chanyeol stated matter of factly. 

"YOU DON'T EVEN KNOW REAL DANCING. THINK OF THE BALANCE AND SPEED!" Jongin yelled, getting increasingly infuriated at Chanyeol's callous words. 

"Maybe. If you were dancing with maximum effort." Chanyeol said. "But you weren't." 

"How... How do you know that..." Jongin trailed off, body starting to shake, sweat pooling on his forehead. "This nerd thinks he knows what's up?" Jongin thought bitterly to himself. 

"Your hair." Chanyeol stated. "It wasn't pushed back. Whenever you get serious, you push your hair back with a black band." Jongin stared at him in shock, wondering what else this stalker knew about him. 

"Were you planning the trip from the beginning?" Chanyeol pressed, watching as Jongin dropped his crutches and bowed his head. 

"It's better this way. The upperclassmen will take my place. It's just like they said. I only managed a decent choreography in front of the instructors. But I've been practising and my coordination isn't getting any better!" Jongin whispered, tears beginning to form in his dark brown eyes. "It's better this way... if someone like me doesn't participate..." He trailed off, the tears finally dropping down onto the wicker basket. "Why am I so uncoordinated?" he sobbed. "I've been practising so hard..." 

"Wouldn't it be fine if you just did your best." Chanyeol said. 

Jongin looked up through tear soaked eyes and actually listened to Chanyeol. 

"After all, if you're worried about rankings... You're already number one in my heart..." Chanyeol whispered, taking off his glasses and staring Jongin straight in the eyes with the most sincere smile he could manage. A blush was creeping up on Jongin's cheeks as he processed Chanyeol's words. 

"Oh nice move, Mr Park!" Yura swooned, hiding behind a tree, ready to catch the spirit that was going to be ejected any moment now... Her face dropped as she witnessed the scene unfolding before her was different to her own thoughts. 

"YOU COMPLETE AND UTTER IDIOT!" Jongin screeched. "WHAT KIND OF LINE IS THAT? DO YOU REALLY THINK I GIVE A DAMN ABOUT WHAT STUPID "RANKING" I HAVE IN YOUR HEART? ARE YOU GONNA TEASE ME ABOUT MY PANUALITY NOW?" Chanyeol was running around, trying to dodge the various items being lobbed at him by a very irate Jongin. Honestly, he was quite surprised at that, but since he never talked to him, it shouldn't really be something he did or didn't expect. "At least that makes it easier for me now." He thought to himself, really wanting to push back the inevitable. Jongin had almost ran out of things to lob at Chanyeol, but when he did, he saw a brand new pair of dancing sneakers, all shiny and beautiful, just waiting to be worn and danced in. Jongin's heart started racing and he stopped chasing Chanyeol around. Chanyeol was just about to descend the stairs until he realised Jongin had stopped throwing things at him and turned around to see what happened. 

In a flash, Jongin had drawn closer to Chanyeol and was holding his new shoes in one hand, and Chanyeol's hand in the other. 

 "Will...Will you come and cheer me on...Tomorrow?" Jongin whispered, so close now that Chanyeol could see his lightly freckled skin, his long, delicate eyelashes and from behind them, a pair of sparkling brown eyes, anticipating his answer. Chanyeol's heart was probably about to explode from this intimacy and started uncontrollably blushing. Whenever he reached the of one of his games, he would still be the cool, calm and collected God of Gaming, so why is is that he wanted the ground to swallow him whole right now. 

"Uhhh.... Y.....Yeah..... of..of...course..." Chanyeol stammered out, unconsciously holding his breath, watching Jongin draw nearer...nearer....nearer.... 

In what seemed like enternity, Jongin had finally closed the gap between his and Chanyeol's lips, pressing them chastely together. Out of the corner of his eye, Chanyeol could see a menacing aura being ejected from Jongin, and Yura rushed up to catch it with a gigantic glass jar. "Into the containment jar you go!" She shouted, as the jar the screaming and flailing spirit into the jar. 

Chanyeol was dimly aware of the situation, the feeling of Jongin on himself. He had quite plush lips, and they were slightly trembling, most likely because this was his first kiss. Chanyeol could still taste some chicken grease and also wanted to die at the situation. After the spirit was captured, Jongin slumped, unconcious, against Chanyeol and Chanyeol motioned towards Yura to take him to the infirmary. 

 

Jongin had lost all memories of the conquest, Yura had explained to Chanyeol, as they watched Jongin gracefully twist and turn, face showing pure and utter connection to the music. He had won first place and suprisingly, Sooyoung had walked up to congratulate him, and Yuri and Hyoyeon were failing to mask their jealousy. When they were in class the next day, when Jongin and Chanyeol made eye contact, Chanyeol stiffly nodded and congratulated Jongin, which sent Jongin into a perplexed, embarrassed state, and for the life on Jongin, he couldn't figure out why he was so giddy at "that nerd's" approval.  Yura for some reason had mysteriously disappeared, he could play his dating games to his heart's content, and so life had reverted back to normal... Or so Chanyeol thought.