What Is Love - Part 3

The World Park Chanyeol Only Knows

The dejected duo, Chanyeol and Yura, sat side by side outside the dance studio. Yura was about the runaway spirit residing in Jongin, so close and yet so far. She was extremely annoyed with Chanyeol, not even trying at all, will his so called "experience" all going to waste. Chanyeol was hurriedly writing a list of games to play again before he was untimely decapitated. 

"Why don't you just do what you do in games Mr Park?" She pouted, getting increasingly antsy 

"Don't you ever compare games to reality!" He shouted, offended that this uncultured swine would even have the nerve to compare games to reality. 

"One, he's a boy, those kind of tactics would never work." 

"Well actually, after many millennium of observation, we've seen that males and females do not differ that much in terms of romantic pursuit." Yura nervously giggled. 

"DON'T SCREW WITH ME!!!!!! EVEN IF I COULD SOME HOW TRANSLATE MY AMAZING GOD LIKE SKILLS TO THE UNWORTHY 3D BEINGS, THE SCENE IS COMPLETELY WRONG." Chanyeol roared. "FIRST OF ALL,  HOW ARE YOU SUPPOSED TO DANCE WITHOUT YOU HAIR PUSHED BACK!!! ALL THE GIRLS IN THE GAME DO. Honestly, don't they know the spirit of the dance team lies within the hair." Chanyeol huffed out, annoyed that no one understood this crucial idea. Yura sighed and looked over at Jongin. That boy was going to be taken over by the runaway spirit and there was nothing she... "OH MY SATAN! HE'S PUSHING HIS HAIR BACK!" Yura yelled in excitement, jumping up and down, pulling on Chanyeol's sleeve. Chanyeol had started to sweat, as Jongin pushed back his fluffy, hazelnut brown hair and held it in place with a plain, black headband. "Time to get serious!" He grinned. Chanyeol was furious. Even if it did meet his standards, there was no way he was going to conquer a 3D boy, much less one that hated him. 

"SECONDLY, DANCERS NEED LEG WARMERS! HONESTLY!" Yura looked at him in confusion, then with a flick of her wrist, sent out her flying scarf thingy to hover over the dance team, and in a flash, the whole team had leg warmers on. "What even is this?" Noh Taehyun plucked at his leg warmers, and the rest of the squad were panicking about the mysterious arrival of the leg warmers. 

 

"I can use my raiment to change outside appearances, but only you can change the inside of them. Only you can conquer their hearts and release the runaway spirit!" Yura earnestly explained, looking up at Chanyeol with expecting eyes. 

 

"Why can't you just conquer them? This may be the 21st century but there are still a lot of heteroual people." Chanyeol spluttered, trying to find loopholes in which he could escape this hell. 

 

"Human males and females courting rituals are much the same, demons are a whole other level, and based on rigorous testing in the past, I don't think you would like that kind of treatment." Yura nervously giggled."Besides, like you, I've never been with anyone either, human or demon." She finished a little sadly. 

 

Chanyeol was sweating like a sinner in church. There was no way he was going to just go ahead and conquer Jongin. He hated the real world, but was this how he wanted to go? Without the real world, he couldn't have access to his game world, and that small, niggling voice in the back of his head was continually repeating that like a mantra, giving him just a little bit of hope. He was going to conquer Jongin, for his beautiful, precious waifus, or literally die trying. 

 

 

--- The First Day --- 

Chanyeol had appeared at the dance studio, decked out in supportive garb that had one thing on them. "Dance like a Butterfly, Sting like a Bee, Kim Jongin!" 

The dance squad were all giggling and Jongin was furiously blushing, running up to Chanyeol. 

"WHAT THE HELL IS THIS?" He spat, repeatedly kicking Chanyeol's shins. 

"Ungrateful brat!" Chanyeol thought to himself, as he mustered up his body, and put on a hopefully suave face. 

"Since the dance competition is close, I wanted to give you my support..." Chanyeol choked out as Jongin grabbed his tie and wrung it around his neck. 

"If the collar doesn't behead me, then Jongin will!" Chanyeol gasped for air as Jongin released him and stomped off. 

"Is this your revenge for me making you clean the rooftop by yourself? Well I'm sorry, just never do this again." Jongin snarled 

 

"Is this really working, Mr Park?" Yura questioned. She could see nothing but loathing in Jongin and was feeling extremely dubious of the whole thing. 

"It doesn't matter, right now I need to increase the number of interactions between me and him, as long as we interact it should be fine for now." Chanyeol coughed, although he was ready to punch Jongin in his stupid, sleepy face. 

--- The Second Day --- 

"STOP IT WITH THE BANNERS!" Jongin screamed as Chanyeol made Yura create building sized banners and hung them around the dance studio and school. The whole dance squad was furiously wispering to each other. Chanyeol had just stood silently by and Yura was watching with increased confusion 

--- The Third Day --- 

"WHERE THE HELL DID YOU GET A HOT AIR BALLOON?" Jongin yelled as, again, Chanyeol stood and watched over his practice session. The dance squad had gotten used to this and just continued to practice. 

--- The Fourth Day --- 

"Ugh, whatever dude, I'm just going to ignore you." Jongin sighed in defeat as he joined the other in practice. 

"I'm pretty sure all the encounters have been negative, is that even right?" Yura sighed, watching the growing alienation Jongin was treating Chanyeol with. 

"In games, hate can quickly turn into love. Even an event such as a fight or dislike can turn into a plus." Chanyeol stated, but he was beginning to doubt this logic. "The real world ", he thought. "No save, noe backlog, no different routes. The only reason I'm doing this is so I can not die!" He growled to himself, walking away from the dance studio.

"Where are you going?" "To the toilet!" At that, Yura turned away and blushed. "Take your time then."

At that moment a loud presense had entered the dance studio.

"Oii, Aren't the rules are that 2nd years should wait until the 3rd years have finished practising?" Sooyoung had walked in, flanked by Yuri and Hyoyeon.

"I'm really sorry, we thought that the upperclassmen weren't coming today, and there isn't much time left until the meet..." Jongin said, biting his lip.

"Oh wow, there isn't much time before the meet you say?" Yuri laughed. "Don't get cocky, you're only representative this time because of one decent choreography." Hyoyeon snarled.

"Well please hurry up with my punishment, time is running out!" Jongin pleaded, bowing before the upperclassmen shouted "30 laps around the oval, NOW!"

"How rude, I guess you'll find rotten upperclassmen in every world!" Yura pouted, sorry about Jongin's plight.

Chanyeol just looked on, the gears in his brain starting to turn.

 

--- Last day until the dance meet! ---

Jongin was practising in front of the mirror, and his other members were surprised at Chanyeol's absense.

"Aww, are you lonely without cheerboy's support?" They giggled. "As if!" Jongin shouted, trying to kick them. All of a sudden, a huge inflatable dancing man was outside the building, with "KIM JONGIN" written boldly. Jongin inwardly groaned. He and Chanyeol didn't even know each other. Honestly, he didn't even know him that much to hate him either. He just wanted this to all end and Chanyeol, for no good reason was cheering him on like they were dating. Jongin shuddered at the thought and sighed in defeat, pulling at his loose hair. The meet was already tomorrow. There was no other choice for him... He had to do it...  

Chanyeol and Yura had reached the dance studio after Yura created the dancing inflatable man. 

"I''m sure with all your cheering, Jongin's going to win the meet and show those upperclassmen who's boss." Yura beamed. "And with all you cheering, he'll fall in love with you, no doubt about it!" Chanyeol opted to stay silent, calculating his next moves until a commotion had arisen in the dance studio. 

"Ai Ya! Jongin, are you ok?" "Geez, that ankle looks terrible." His squad was clustering around him, and only did they part did Chanyeol and Yura see what happened. Whilst Jongin was dancing, one wrong step had caused his ankle to roll out and he collapsed. The squad helped him to the nurse's office and the nurse had less than pleasant news. 

"The good news is that is will heal in about a week. The bad news is that the meet cannot be pushed back so you won't be able to participate." The nurse said, lacing her voice with empathy. Jongin was on the verge of tears and his mates were offering their condolences. 

"AHH! It's hopeless now." Yura was also on the verge of tears. "If he can't compete tomorrow, everything we've accomplished will be for nothing!" 

"Injury...Upperclassmen...Meet...Trip...Cheering..." Chanyeol was mumbling, the gears in his head going at full speed as he finally realised... 

Yura looked at him in extreme confusion as he uttered his last words 

"I can see the ending." 

 

 

Notes 

hahaha sorry this took so long just to get to the . I mean no offense at all to SNSD or any SONEs. I just needed some good dancing sunbaes and they were there ;-; Sorry again ;-;