Chapter 4: First Advances

Forbidden Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hyejeong’s POV

I smoothed my dress, checked my make-up and adjusted my heels. It was 8pm, and I woke up an hour ago.

Yes, I hate marking that much.

I suppose that I did show you Jimin’s text earlier, but that did no justice to the place we were visiting. It was a gay bar, one of the only few that existed in conservative Korea. How it came to be established, then successfully maintained, then avoided shut-down by conservative inspectors is something that I had never foreseen.

But I’m not complaining, and so aren’t the numerous other gays in Seoul who can only slip of their heteroual mask and be themselves when they are there. It’s a recluse, an oasis, for us to “relax” in as the chilling wind of judgement and criticism surrounds us.

But I bore you. I left in a cab, and got off a few blocks before. Trust me, not facing the judging eyes of the cabbie is more than worth the short walk there.

Where are you guys?????

Oh, we are otw. See you outside in 5 minutes?

Fine. You owe me a drink for making me wait.

I waited outside the bar for them, gazing blankly into the busy street.

The bar (with its tagline) was named “Gangnam Bar—only for the gays”.

Creative indeed.

Not like it needed to be creative. It was the only gay bar standing here in Seoul.

 

Seolhyun’s POV

“You aren’t planning on telling us?” Mina smirked.

I blushed, and shook my head. Nope.

“Really?” Yuna changed tack, using her best aegyo on me. (Cringe-worthy, to say the least)

“Um…well…you have to get me drunk first” I mumbled feebly out, my cheeks still an unearthly shade of pink.

Mina and Yuna grinned, and exchanged knowing glances. I pressed them for an answer.

“Well,”, they said in between fits of giggles, “we were just planning to do that!”

Huh?

“You see, we planned a trip to the bar tonight.” Yuna finally said.

“Nah, I’m busy tonight. Go have fun yourselves.” I managed with a wink.

Mina blushed, before having her turn at using aegyo to convince me.

A commendable effort, but no less cringe-worthy.

“We haven’t had fun as a trio together since like graduation! Just come, Seol!”

Made sense. I acquiesced internally, but tried to make the most out of it.

“Sure, I’ll come if both of you confess to each other now.”

Both looked at each other at the same time.

Both blushed at the same time.

Both said, in unison, in the same tone, “WE DON’T LIKE EACH OTHER, SEOL!”

How adorable.

I let them off the hook this time.

“Oh, Seol, we are going to a bar near Gangnam, by the way.”

Gangnam? Why Gangnam?

“It’s a gay bar.”

I see why Gangnam.

“Why a gay bar? So you two can make out in public?”

They blushed again. Bingo.

“No, it’s so we can find you someone to hook up with!” stammered Mina

“No, it’s so we can test out how it’s like in a gay bar, you know, for science!” struggled Yuna, at the same time.

This is adorable beyond belief.

Secretly, though, at the back of my mind lay a hope. A hope

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter