Dorm Mates

The Lucky One
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

CHAPTER TWO

~~* KRYSTAL *~~

 

I feel exhausted. I really do.

I lay across my bed to relax myself even just for a minute. Loneliness is already creeping its way into me.

“I’m getting a new room,” I told myself as I tried to steady my heavy breathing. What the hell! Why would they assign me to a dorm where I’ll be the only woman in?

For Pete’s sake, that’s stupid. I mean, these guys are people that I’m going to be with every single day for a year! This is crazy.

I’m sure that I won’t be able to concentrate here when studying. My room isn’t sound proof, and that means no matter what I do, I’d still hear the noises that they’re making.

Why can’t they just put me to a dorm where I would have girls who have the same hobby as mine?

Is studying here at Princeton University a bad idea?

No.

It isn’t. Tomorrow would be better. It should be. I just have to talk to the office for me to get a new dorm then everything’s fine.

Before I forget, I decided to contact mom to inform her that I came here safe and sound. But I didn’t tell her that I am living with twelve boys for now. She’s going to pull me out of this school once she knows that. And I don’t want that to happen.

From my bag, I got my planner to take down the things that I have to do. I want everything to be organized and to be prepared for anything.

I started listing down my daily schedule for this semester and the organizations that I’m planning to join. I’ve got a lot on my option list, but I’m still undecided. I’m torn between dance club, glee club, and drama club.

I had to choose only one. Just like what I said earlier, I don’t want too much attention.

While scanning my planner, a paper from it fell down the floor. I bent down to pick it up—only to find out it was this university’s brochure.

“Hi.”

My heart almost jumped out of my chest when I heard a male voice. I glared at him. What the hell, does he even know how to knock?!

“Sorry if I scared you,” he said. I frowned, trying to remember his name. I’m bad at memorizing names. Nope. I at memorizing. That’s the proper term.

“Is it really your nature to enter someone’s room without knocking?” I spat. He just smiled at me—a smile that reached his eyes.

Okay. I might say that he’s cute.

“Sorry,” he began. “You don’t remember me, do you?”

I shook my head.

“I’m Baekhyun, not bacon,” he introduced himself then offered his hand.

I don’t want to be rude that’s why I obliged. He’s not done anything wrong anyway. Maybe I just had a bad impression on him for not knocking.

“Krystal Jung.”

“Nice name.”

“Thanks, you too,” I replied then gave him a smile.

“You’re planning to transfer to another dorm,” he concluded. I decided not to meet his gaze. “Don’t worry, I understand.”

I stared at him. He’s still smiling. Okay. Someone is being nice.

“I know living with twelve guys with different personalities will drive you crazy. But trust me, you’ll enjoy it here with us,” he assured.

I sighed.

“Yeah. Just the thought of me, memorizing your names, gives me a lot of stress. Honestly, I couldn’t remember anyone of you.”

He chuckled. “It would be surely harder for you to look for new dorm mates. And if ever you fail, don’t hesitate to approach me. I’ll help you with our names. Just don’t forget mine.”

Now it’s my turn to laugh.

“I won’t. You’ve already made an impression to me, Baekhyun,”  I told him.

“We’re friends now, is that okay with you?”

Both of us looked at the door when we heard a knock. Another guy from the group I think? I wish he’s as nice as Baekhyun, whoever he is.

“Come in,” I shouted for him to hear.

The door opened. Of course, I don’t remember his name. But he has this chubby cheeks and has no double eye lids. I also think that Baekhyun is a bit taller than him.

“Hello Krystal.” I just smiled at him. “How are you doing so far?”

I looked at Baekhyun before answering the guy who just entered. “Fine, I guess. I just had a new friend.”

“Ohh. That’s good. Baekhyun’s really friendly,” he said as he walked towards my direction. “I’m Xuimin by the way. I love food.”

“Who doesn’t? All of us loves it,” I answered. “You can sit beside Baekhyun.”

“Wow thanks. You’re nice.”

“Just because I offered you a seat?”

“Nope. I just know that you’re nice. Although you have this cold and mysterious aura.”

I can’t help but smile. A lot of people say that I look pretty but I don’t look nice. They just notice it once I become friends with them. Because of that, they admired me more.

“I’ll take that as a compliment. Thanks.”

“Hey. I think you forgot to tell her something,” Baekhyun told him which made me knit my eyebrows.

“What is that something?”

Xuimin scratched the back of his head. “I am the oldest among us.”

My jaw almost dropped. He’s gotta be kidding me! I actually thought that Baekhyun’s older than him and he’s the youngest but it all turned the other way around.

“Seriously?”

He nodded in response. “Yes. Seriously.”

“I—”

“Baekhyun! Xuimin! Lunch is ready!” someone shouted from the outside.

“It’s Kyungsoo, our cook,” Xuimin informed me. “Let’s go eat. I’m starving.”

The three of us stood up and went to the dining table. When we got there, the rest of the.. Uhm.. how do I say this? Members? Okay whatever.

The rest of the members were staring at me. Don’t they know that staring is rude?

I just gave them an awkward smile.

A tall guy stood up and pulled out a chair for me.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter