Princeton Univeristy

The Lucky One
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

CHAPTER ONE

~~* KRYSTAL *~~

 

                “Krystal, honey! Your driver is waiting for you!” Mom shouted from downstairs. I took a last look on myself then wore my sweater before going down.

“Coming Mom!”

As I got downstairs, I was surprised when I saw Myungsoo smiling brightly at me.

“Myungsoo? What are you doing here?” I asked him. He didn’t remove his smile from his face. Not answering me, he approached me and planted a kiss on my lips.

Well.. Myungsoo is my boyfriend. We’ve been together for two years now and we’re getting stronger.

“Hi babe.”

“Hi,” I greeted him back and flashed a sweet smile. Butterflies in my stomach never really stops when I’m with him. Even though we’ve been together for a quite long time. “Where’s Sid?”

“He’s on his day off. Besides, I want to be the one to take you to your new University that you’re going in,” he answered then wink.

“Eh?”

“Oh, there you are!” We both turned to look at Mom who’s still wearing a color pink, Hello Kitty apron. I bit my lower lip to hide my smile.

“You’re not coming?” I asked.

She shook her head. “Unfortunately, I can’t come. I have a meeting at 10:00AM. Hay.. What even came to your mind and you suddenly transferred there? We have our own University! And you have friends in there, and there’s also Myungsoo.”

I just sighed and gave her a timid smile. My decision was all of a sudden. I’m on my third year of college.

Yes, we have our own University but I don’t want to be there anymore. I’m tired of getting praised by a lot of people. I’m tired of their fake smiles. I’m tired of their expectations and their judgemental minds. I don’t want to limit myself and always be watchful of my actions because their eyes are always on me no matter what I do.

One mistake, and then I’m out. I don’t like it.

I know, many people would move heaven and earth just to be in my position but me? I want to be normal in the eyes of others. I want to be ordinary but respected.

I want to be free.

That’s why I decided to transfer in a different University. The most prestigious university—the Princeton University.

All of the people in there are popular, well-known, and came from a wealthy family. No one in there is ordinary. So I thought that maybe if I enter that University, I wouldn’t get any attention because there are a lot of prettier girls and handsome guys there.

There’s a big possibility that in that University, I will be considered ordinary.

“Let’s go?” Myungsoo said. I nodded in response and leaned forward to Mom to kiss her goodbye.

“Take care of yourself, okay? And don’t forget to call me once you get in there,” she reminded then kissed my cheeks again. “Love you.”

“Love you too. We’ll go ahead.”

“Stay safe, honey. And Myungsoo, please do take care of her. Be careful when you’re driving!”

“Yes, Auntie.”

All of a sudden, Myungsoo sling his hand unto to my waist and pulled me closer to him. This guy is so clingy and yes, I love it. It’s one of the reasons why I love him every day.

Being a gentleman as he really is, he opened the passenger door for me. He was also the one to put my bags and everything that I need in the compartment and the backseat. I tried helping him but he refused. He told me that he doesn’t want me to get tired.

The drive was quiet and peaceful. No one was talking but I feel safe and sound as long as I know that he’s just beside me.

I exactly know what’s running inside his head. I know he’s not happy with this but he’s still doing it for me. He never really liked this idea right from the start.

We actually had a misunderstanding about my decision in transferring in Princeton but in the end, he gave his consent. He was honest that he’s still not in favour of this but he promised to support me if this is what I want. And sometimes, I really do feel guilty on that thought.

I felt the car stop and it’s because of the stop light.

“Myungsoo..” I called him.

He looked at me. “What is it, babe?”

“I’m sorry I have to do this. I know it’s hard to understand,” I whispered, but loud enough for him to hear.

I didn’t get answer. Instead, I felt his hand on mine. He put him close to him and kissed it. “I understand, babe. I understand.”

I looked at him straight in the eyes and I see sincerity. “Thank you. A lot.”

“Always for you,” he replied and nailed his eyes back on the road when the traffic light turned green.

And again, we drove in silence. It took us maybe two to three hours to get to Princeton. There was no traffic at all. This University is really just far from our town.

“We’re here!” Myungsoo said as we passed by the stone gate and finally entered the campus.

I opened my window and I can’t help but be impressed. This campus is really, really beautiful. It’s way, way better than its beautiful pictures on their brochures and online sites. The buildings were kind of old but it’s still elegant, considering the fact that this University has been built 65 years ago.

Jung University is also elegant but I can’t freaking compare it to Princeton. I think this one’s bigger than any subdivision. Everything that you need is here. Academic buildings, malls, restaurants aside from their big cafeteria, and dorms.  And yes, I will need some adjustments.

When we reached the parking lot, Myungsoo helped me with my things. Not so far away from here, I can see some students hugging and kissing their parents goodbye. Based on their looks, I can tell that they’re freshmen. I was expecting this large amount of people because tomorrow’s the first day of classes.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter