Senior Night

The Lucky One
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

CHAPTER FOUR

~~* KRYSTAL *~~

 

                I can’t believe that Suho and Kris were able to convince me to go to this Senior’s Night. Like what the hell?! I was really planning to stay at the dorm, but I don’t know what came up to my mind and I said ‘yes’ to them.

Okay fine.

Their charms got me. Actually, all of them did convince me. Except for Sehun, of course. Kris and Suho were just their leaders that’s why they were my greatest influence. I couldn’t say no to them because each and every one of them has their own charms and it affected me so much.

“Trust me, you’ll enjoy this,” Xuimin said while smiling from ear to ear.

I rolled my eyes at him. “What if I don’t?”

“You will,” he insisted.

“What makes you so sure of that?”

“Because our group prepared this event,” Kai butted in. He’s walking towards us with his hands in his pocket. Smiling, he stood beside me. “And you will surely appreciate it.”

I looked at him and smirked. “Impress me.”

“With pleasure,” he answered then winked.

“I’ll go check the other members. Can you stay here with Kai just for a moment?”

I nodded. “Sure, take your time.”

“Wow. You’re okay with staying with me?”

“Honestly, no. But I have no other choice. I don’t want to wander around,” I answered honestly then gave him my sweetest smile.

He chuckled. “You really don’t like attention huh?”

“I hate it, a lot.”

“Why? Others would kill just to have everyone’s attention. They’d always wanted to be popular, they wanted people to look up to them, to praise them... then here you are. Really different.”

“It’s tiring to be popular. They’d realize that when they have it.”

“Tiring?...”

I shrugged. “Compliments, friends... you’d always have everything. But trust me, at the end of the day, you’d always ask yourself... ‘Am I happy?’, ‘Were all of them true to me... or I’m just being used because I am pretty?’”

He didn’t say anything. He was just staring at me seriously and I stared back at him. His eyes were like saying something but I have no idea what it was.

“You have a point. But wait, how could you say that? Have you been there?”

I was taken aback because of his question. And then when I realized what he meant, I avoided his gaze and shook my head.

“I’ve always pictured myself being popular and I kinda don’t like it.” He was about to answer me but I decided to cut him off to change the topic. “Where are the others by the way?”

“Having themselves prepared...”

I knit my eyebrows in confusion. “For what? Are they going to perform?”

He shook his head while wearing his playful smile. “Nope. We... are going to perform.”

“W-What?!”

“Can’t believe it huh?” he mocked while smirking. “I know you have an idea about who we really are and what we are in this university. You’re just trying to deny it to yourself...”

“You guys are university princes?”

“Exactly.”

I tried to say something but no words escaped my mouth. Damn it! I am their dorm mate for Pete’s sake! What would happen if people would find out!?

“You should consider yourself lucky. Any person would do anything just to be in your position.”

Oh my God.

“You guys are the most popular here, aren’t you?” I asked, almost whispering.

With a grin on his face, he nodded. “Precisely. You see how lucky you are... that’s why I don’t get you. Why do you even need to transfer to another dorm?”

“Because you’re a and your friend is, too,” I answered without even thinking twice.

He laughed because of that. Okay. He’s handsome, I have to admit that. But what the hell he is such a flirt and that annoys me, big time. Sure, I am used to guys like him but... I don’t know what it is that makes me hate him this much. Something in him is different and I just can’t point it out because I couldn’t determine it.

“You are extraordinary.”

I shrugged. “I’ve been hearing that for like a million times.”

“I like you.” I looked at him and I saw that his face was serious. He’s deeply staring at me and his eyes are trying to fool me. “I really do.”

I smirked at him. “Cut the crap. I won’t fall for that.”

“But—”

“Stop it. Find another target. I don’t want to be one of your collections,” I cut him off and he was taken aback. “You know what? I changed my mind. Maybe it would be better if I wander around while waiting for the program to start.”

Not letting him utter a word, I turned my back and started walking away from him.

I actually don’t know where to go because I am a newbie here. But I think this would be better that staying with that Kai and having him around, trying to flirt with me.

While walking, I realized how amusing Princeton University is. It’s the best. This is why everybody wants to be in here. An elite school with elite students. The only problem is that... aside from the academics, they also compete for one more thing. The thing that everyone wants to gain—popularity.

And that’s when I realized that I bumped into someone.

“Sorry!” we both said.

When I turned to look at her, my eyes widened and a smile was drawn on my face. And she, on the other hand, had the same reaction.

She pointed at me. “I know you... you were the girl yesterday, right? The one who was mistakenly entered our dorm?”

I nodded in response. “And you were the one who accompanied me.”

She giggled. “Krystal, right? It’s nice to see you again.”

“Same here...” I paused for a while, trying to remember who she is. “If I’m not mistaken, you are Sulli.”

“Yes, I am. It’s a good thing you still remembered me. Despite the number of names you have to memorize,” she said, more like she’s teasing me.

I blinked. “Wait. You knew?”

“Ahuh. I know their dorm number. I mean everyone does,” she paused then eyed me. “But not the situation that you’re living with them right now—or should I say for the rest of the academic year.”

“What the...”

“Don’t worry. I’ll keep it as a secret.” I sighed—a sigh of relief. “Unless you want to gain attention. I could easily spill it out for you, you know.”

“No. No! Please, no. I’m begging you,” I told her and I swear I sounded desperate.

“Easy,” she said while laughing. “I was just kidding. You’ll get hurt if ever I do that.”

“I know.” I rolled my eyes, imagining their “fans’” reaction. I can imagine myself being bullied by them—but of course, I won’t let that happen if ever. “Where’s Victoria, by the way?”

“Ah, she bought some popcorn and cola.”

I let out a little laugh and she looked at me with questioning eyes.

“I’m sorry it’s just that... popcorns an

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter