Teaser 002

WATS1, The Underrated Light-Music Club

Another sunny day. It’s 12 PM, the school seemed quiet since the students were busy studying in their classroom. Just a few minutes more, and the 6th period would be over.

And.. here it is one of our main character. Park Mirae, or people call her Mirae, was still giving lesson in the music room, teaching piano and singing. After some minutes, the bell finally rang.

“Ah.. finally break time!” one of the male student shouted happily.

“After this will be Mathematics! Aigoo, I really miss Choi-sonsaengnim~” the girl with long hair said with an aegyo sound. “After a long break I gotta see my TOP~”

Another girl with a pony tail glared at the previous girl. “What? My TOP?? Ya! He’s mine!”

“What did you say? He’s mine!”

“Mine!”

“Mineeeeee!!!”

“Okay,okay! Please calm down, students! I know you like him so much.. but don’t forget to collect your homework tomorrow, okay! See you next week!” Mirae walked out from the music room, while the girls were still busy fighting over their precious math’s teacher. Phew.. another busy day.

 

Class 1-3

Naeun stretched her hands and sighed. Finally, Math, one of the subject that she hate over. Even though the teacher is handsome and all, she still couldn’t find Math interesting.

“Hyunae ya~” She called her bestfriend who sat beside window, but she didn’t answer.

“Hyunae ya, what’s wrong? You seemed to be very quiet today.” Naeun approached Hyunae and sat in front of her. She usually listens to the teacher but this time she’s dozing off and sleeping at class.

Hyunae shook her head. “Aniya, I’m just having a small headache.”

“Then I will get an aspirin for you.” Naeun just got up from her seat but Hyunae stopped her.

“No need. I just have to get some fresh air.”

“Want me to accompany you?”

“No, it’s okay.” Hyunae refused and got up.

“Where’d you go?” Naeun asked with worried sound. “Pond again?”

Hyunae shrugged. “Maybe yes.”

Naeun rolled her eyes.  “I’ve told you that place is scary! You know right, there are many rumours about a ghost there!”

Hyunae left out a sigh. “It’s just a rumour, Naeun ah.”

“But–”

“Okay, stop here. My headache will get worse if you keep asking.” Hyunae cut Naeun off and walked outside the class.

“You have to go back before the bell ring, arasseo?” Naeun said loudly but Hyunae just waved at her. She put her headphone on her ear and walked towards her most favorite place in the school, pond.

 

        

Class 1-1

“Minzy ah! Let’s go to canteen!” A cheerful girl called Yuki, Kim Yuki, said to her bestfriend.

“I’m sorry. Five minutes again I have to go see the club’s president.” After looked at her watch, Minzy walked towards Yuki who had already waited in front of class.

Yuki’s eyes widened. “Club? What club? You’ve already joined a club??”

“Well, yeah. I joined the dance club.” Minzy answered. “And you shouldn’t said ‘already’, you have to join one also. The admission will be closed tomorrow Friday.”

Yuki shook her head. “Shireo. It’s just wasting time.”

Minzy looked at her friend confused. “You don’t know the rule? You have to join at least one club or else you have to repeat a year.”

“Mwo? Jinjja??”

Minzy sighed. “You should’ve read the rules..”

Yuki was silent for a minutes, it seemed like she was thinking.

“Then what should I do, Minzy ya?” Yuki asked.

“You have to join a club of course.” Minzy answered calmly.

“But, what’s club? You know I’ve never ever joined one before!”

Minzy looked at her bestfriend, speechless, and rolled her eyes. She took a deep breath. “Let’s see.. what’s your hobby?”

Yuki placed her hands on her chin, thinking. “Mm.. Eating?”

“Ya! Beside that!” Minzy slammed Yuki’s back.

“Well, I don’t really know..” Yuki answered hopelessly.

“What about joined the dance club?”

Yuki laughed forcedly. “Are you kidding me? Don’t you know that my body is too stiff to dance?”

Minzy laughed hard. She rememberd the time when they were in primary school. Yuki was told to show a traditional dance, but it was ended with a big failure. “Hahaha, I’m just kidding. Then.. what about music? You like music, right?”

Yuki shook her head. “This school only has ensemble and choir.  With my voice, the choir will definitely reject me, and I can’t play classical instrument to join ensemble either.”

They both sighed again. Being a bestfriend since primary school, Minzy knew exactly that Yuki had never joined a club activity before.

“What about light-music?” A woman’s voice made them startled. They turned back, and saw their beatiful science teacher, Park Kahi, smiled at her.

“Ssaem!” Yuki smiled back.

Minzy nodded. “A good choice. Because she is lousy, I thinks she can play drums.”

“Ya!” Yuki glared at Minzy. “But ssaem, there is nothing like that here.”

“Well, it’s not there is, but there was. Three years ago, the club was closed due to lack of members.” Kahi explained.

Yuki left out a sigh. “Ah.. so there won’t be any hope?”

Kahi said calmly. “I think it’s impossible. Try to ask your music teacher, Mirae sonsaengnim, she must be willing to help you.”

Yuki nodded happily. “Okay. I will ask her now! Thank you, ssaem!” She bowed at her teacher, then ran quickly towards the teacher’s office while waving back at Minzy.

"She's really stubborn.." Minzy mumbled to herself. "Ah, i'm late! Ssaem, i also have to go now. Bye!" Minzy ran to the practice room after she bowed to Kahi.

“Don’t run in the hallway!” Kahi chuckled. She looked at her students who slowly disappeared form her sight. She said to herself while giggling. "Let's see if Mirae can handle this.."