Teaser 001

WATS1, The Underrated Light-Music Club

“Annyeong haseyo, sonsaengnim!” Three female students chorused and gave a slight bow when Mirae was passing by.

“Ah, annyeong.” Mirae smiled. There were ton of papers on her hand, and it made her hard to see front. She sighed.

“Annyeong, ssaem!” After the girls left, a hyper male student also greeted her.

“Annyeong.” Mirae greeted back with a wry smile.

“Need some help?” The student offered.

Mirae looked up to her watch and shook her head. “No need. You better go to your class quickly or you will be late.”

“Ne~” The student said and he walked back to his class.

The corridor was getting quite, and Mirae became alone with her paperwork again. She began to walk to the office as fast as she could. But suddenly, she stopped when her eyes saw an announcement at the pinboard.

“Ah, so the time has come,” She said to herself. There were many posters of each club activities sticked on the pinboard. “I don’t realize it has been a year already.”

Her eyes became softer. She recalled the time when she got accepted in this school. The atmosphere wasn’t much different. It was spring, when the flower bloomed, and the school had just started. To tell the truth, becoming a teacher was so hard at first, but now she became used to it.

“Excuse me– ”

“Whoa!” A man’s voice made Mirae surprised. She jumped out of shock and the papers were scattered on the floor everywhere.

“Ah, I’m sorry! I didn’t mean to make you surprised!” The man about to help Mirae but she stopped him.

“No, it’s my own fault for being so clumsy.” She said. But the man insisted to help her collecting her papers back.

“Kamsahamnida.” Mirae finally stood up and smiled.

“It’s my fault, too.” The man gave her a smile back.

“So what did you want to ask before?” Mirae asked. She looked at the young man who was wearing cap and a big plastic on his right hand. She nodded slightly. “Ah, I know. You’re the delivery man, right?”

“N-ne?” The man’s eyes widened.

“I wonder who that make a call in an early morning like this..” Mirae mumbled.

“But, Miss. I just want to ask where is the principal–” The man was about to explain but Mirae cut him off.

“Oh, so those are principal’s..” She nodded. “But this is strange. He never once make a delivery call before.”

Mirae continuously talking to herself. She didn’t realized that the man was looking at her puzzled. Suddenly, they hear the bell rang.  Mirae got surprised and looked at her watch. “Ah, sorry. I’m a little busy right now, I think I have to go.”

She left the young man who was still confused behind. Better go to the office quickly or she will get scolded. With some speed, finally she arrived at the office after a few minutes.

“Annyeo– Uh? Where are the others?” She asked herself while putting her papers on the desk. Her eyes wandered around the office but she couldn’t find anyone beside her there. “This is weird..”

She was about to take some papers when suddenly her phone rang. “Yeoboseyo?”

“Mirae ya, where are you? Everyone has already been here since a while ago.” Kahi voice heard from the other line.

“Oh, really? Where?” Mirae asked.

“Meeting room.”

“But why, unni?”

“What ‘why’!? There is a new teacher coming today, I’ve told you yesterday!” Kahi said with a louder tone.

“Ah, you’re right! Mianhae, unni. I’ll be there in a minute!” Mirae ended the call and running towards the meeting room. She tapped her forehead and sighed. Usually, she's not as clumsy as today.

Some minutes passed by, she opened the door, and bowed to everyone inside the meeting room. Then, she sat beside Kahi who waved at her before.

“Where’s the new teacher?” Mirae asked.

“He is still in the principal’s room. Maybe they will come out few minutes again.” Kahi answered.

“He? So the new teacher is a male??”Mirae’s eyes widened.

“Yeah, I heard he is. But where have you been lately? You don’t catch up to any news.”

Mirae left out a sigh. “The school has just started but there are many assignments that I have to prepare. ”

“Ask Junsu to give some help then.” Kahi said.

“He has a lot of tasks too, unni. I don’t want to be a bother.”

“Bother?” Kahi’s eyebrow arched. She looked at Junsu who was sitting far ahead. “I think he will gladly help.”

“See, he’s looking at you.” Kahi whispered and giggled.

“Ya, unni!” Mirae hit Kahi’s arm lightly.

The sounds of footsteps make the meeting room become quite once the door opened. The principal entered, with a young man walking behind him.

“Oh! He is..” Mirae covered in shocked.

“What? You know him?” Kahi asked.

“Attention, please!” Park Jinyoung, the principal, said it loudly. He made sure everyone is looking at him, then he continued. “As we know, the previous P.E teacher, Kim Hyunwoo, has moved to the other country. Thus, I will introduce you a person who will replace him.”

 Park Jinyoung told the young man to introduced himself.

“Annyeong haseyo. My name is Lee Howon. I’ll be the P.E teacher from now on.” The man named Howon said and bowed. All of the eyes were fixed on him in an instant.

“Hey, don’t you think he looks like Junsu?” Kahi whispered.

“Really? I don’t think so.” Mirae answered.

“But see, your eyes keep looking at him.” Kahi giggled.

Mirae left out a deep sigh. “It’s not because of that..”

“So, who’s more handsome?” Kahi teased Mirae again.

“Unni!”

“So Howon ssi, the other P.E teacher is Yoon Bora ssi there.” Park Jinyoung said and pointed towards Bora. “I hope you can learn more from her.”

“Ne, principal.” Howon nodded.

“I think this is all. Please take a good care of him. You can back to your work now.”

Everyone stood up from their seats and went back to the office. Mirae tried her best to avoid eye-contact with Howon and hid herself behind Kahi.

“Ya! Why are you being like this?” Kahi said in annoyance when Mirae kept holding her arm tightly.

“Psst, don’t say anything!” Mirae told Kahi to walk faster. But it seemed like she couldn’t hide from the man.

“Miss!” The man named Howon called and walked towards her. Mirae turned slowly, feeling insecure.

“We meet again.” Howon said and gave her a smile.

“Oh, ne..” Mirae smiled awkwardly. She gave signal to Kahi to help her come out from the situation but Kahi didn’t want to.

“As you know, my name is Lee Howon. May I know what’s your name?” Howon asked.

“Oh, sorry I forgot to introduce myself.” Mirae bowed. “I’m music teacher and my name is Park Mi–”

“Howon ssi!” a woman’s voice interupted their conversation.

Both of them turned around and saw a woman with long wavy hair and tanned skin walking towards them.

“I’m Yoon Bora. Nice to meet you.” Bora gave a friendly smile to Howon.

Mirae thought that was her chance to run away.

“Ah, I think I should go now. See you next time.” Mirae bowed slightly and walked quickly without turn around.

“But–” Howon was about to call her but Bora cut him off.

“I think I should accompany you seeing the school’s building.”

 

“Delivery man!?” Kahi looked at Mirae in disbelief and starting to laugh hard.

“Stop laughing, unni!” Mirae shook Kahi’s arm.

“Mian, mian.. I'm just surprised, hahaha.. But why do you seem to be so clueless today?” Kahi asked while laughing. “Remember, you have to maintain your goddess image.”

“What goddess..” Mirae mumbled and turned her head to the side. “Don’t tell anyone about this.”

“Okay, okay. You know I’m not a spoiler.” Kahi answered.

“You’re not??” Mirae asked while her finger pointed towards Kahi.

Ya! Don’t do that to your sunbae!” Kahi shouted. “Be nice or I will tell anyone about your past.”

Mirae rolled her eyes. “Uh.. you always threaten me like that.”

“You don’t like it?” Kahi asked with intimidate sound.

Mirae sighed. “Arasseo, just don’t tell anyone please.”