The Other Side

PACE
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
"Change is inevitable. Whether it is for the better or the worse, you change and so does everyone"

 

___________________________________________________

 

A week passed after she got the order to make a song for Lee Hi’s comeback, a week after her mind gave up on the thought of writing and she was happy that she’d finally came to a conclusion.

 

She was going to make G-Dragon write the lyrics.


She wrote numerous lyrics for the song but all those end up in one place – the dustbin. So she made up her mind to not bother on the lyrics and just leave it to the rapper’s hand, they were supposed to be a team anyway so why would she do all the work?
A week passing meant that it was time to meet the CEO to show whatever progress they had made, well more like she had made.

 

The boy never came to her studio nonetheless the company. It was like he vanished like a puff of smoke but no one gave much thought since it was a regular occurrence.


 She would be lying if she said she wasn’t proud of her work. With her backing track and some help from Teddy’s magic potion, she had made a beautifully arranged song with the exception of a lyrics but still, it made her warm and fuzzy inside.


The beep from her intercom woke her up as the sweet, honey-like voice from the president’s office came in, reminding her of the meeting she needed to attend.
‘Miss Dari, President is waiting for you.’

The message said, it was always short and to-the-point.

 


Without much thought, she grabbed the drive and made her way towards the highest floor. The ride used to be short with the small, melodic sound inside the elevator . She was expecting to meet the CEO alone and deal with Jiyong through President Yang, but why was the elevator stopping midway to open its doors for the same man who she thought she would deal with easily?

 

After all, you still gave importance to the song. 
She thought as she stared into her partner who had his back leaned to the wall and mindlessly scrolling his phone. He seemed to be unaware of her presence as she was sure he would comment something about the song, that is if he knew of her presence.


The ride up was one of the longest ride as she her thoughts went back to the boy beside her over and over again, wondering why he was so quiet. 

 


When they last met, he didn’t look like someone who was too shy to even respond to a question and yet there he was, looking as if the world was gonna swallow him if he even dared to move his gaze from his phone, let alone speak.

 

They finally reached the office and Jiyong went in after Dari which took Mr. Yang to another level of surprised. He hadn’t expected Jiyong to take any part in the song, better yet he wasn’t expecting to see him so early in the morning.


‘Oh, Dari I see you came with Jiyong. Can I expect good news?’ 
He spoke with a smile, hoping that his ‘new’ recruit will bring him any form of progress.


‘Well, actually we finished 50% of the song and the problem is……. Umm…we haven’t had any lyrics yet.’ 
She said, eyeing the president with caution and handing him the drive  that contained the music.


‘Lyrics are tought, right? But I trust you two and I will have a song which is completed by say…. two weeks from now?’ he questioned.


‘Yes, Mr. Kwon is a great help and I’m sure the song will take its shape by that time.’
 She replied, hoping that Jiyong would at least say that he would contribute any form of work for their song  with the mention of his name. Well she was hoping for too much.

 


The sight of

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter