Chapter 8 - Strange Meetings (Part 2)

Solo Day

Gongchan P.O.V.

Gongchan sighed in content as he emerged from the river, laying down on the soft grass and looking up at the sky, his body absorbing the sun’s bright rays. It was a fine day with a slight breeze. It was the perfect weather to Chansik.

This was one of the reasons why he loved his current lifestyle. Nice weather, no commitments and nobody bothering him. Not a single care in the world.

His thoughts were interrupted as his stomach growled, he was starving. He suddenly remembered the bag of pork hocks that he had mysteriously found that morning, pulling them out from under his clothing piled up on the ground beside him.

Pulling one out of the bag and nibbling on it, he was suddenly disturbed from his little paradise.

‘What the hell?! Get your clothes back on you disgusting excuse for a human being!’ someone hollered from the distance.

Gongchan sat up and glanced behind him, spotting someone through the gap in the bushes surrounding himself.

His eyes widened as he realised who it was, the other man’s eyes also widened as he caught a glimpse of Gongchan’s face.

It was his own father… the same father who kicked him out from home… the same father he stole money from… the same father who has been searching for him for two years in order to get the money back, or worse have his son arrested.

Gongchan gasped as his father started running with all his might towards him, jumping up (still completely ), he grabbed his bag of pork hocks and ran for his life, deserting his clothes and shopping trolley.

He started sprinting along the path which stretched along the banks of the Han River, earning screams from the general public. He didn’t care if everyone saw him , as long as he could outrun his father. Clothes would have slowed him down anyway.

As he made it into the city, he ran down the closest alleyway, not even turning to make sure he had not been followed.

He noticed people at the end of the alleyway, surrounding a large dumpster. He wasn’t going to let them stop him from hiding inside the large garbage disposal unit.

As he approached them, the one wearing glasses and a clean-cut outfit gasped, averting his eyes.

The one standing next to him didn’t react much and the shorter boy with messed hair widened his eyes.

‘Are you an alien?’ he questioned.

‘No time for questions’ Gongchan immediately spoke, jumping swiftly into the dumpster full of trash.

‘Are you guys going to hide in here too, or what?’ he asked.

The weird kid climbed up into the trash can, not questioning anything. The glasses guy however, gave him a cold glare.

‘Are you insane? I am not getting into a dumpster’ he said ‘We don’t even know who you are’

‘Just do it’ Gongchan said to the stranger, a sense of desperation lingering in his tone.

 

Jinyoung P.O.V.

‘Just do it’ the strange boy said.

Jinyoung, somehow miraculously picking up on the desperation in the strange boy’s voice despite his lack of knowledge on social ques, pushed Shinwoo with all his might into the dumpster.

‘Ahh! What the hell Jinyoung! Where are my anti-bacterial wipes?!’ Shinwoo shouted as he sunk into the trash.

As Jinyoung heard footsteps approaching the alleyway, he too climbed up into the dumpster.

The stranger quickly shut the lid.

‘Everyone be quiet’ he said, holding a large hand over Shinwoo’s mouth to stop his complaining.

Jinyoung could hear a pair of footsteps come right up to the dumpster.

‘He must be further up the street’ a muffled voice said from outside the trash can.

The stranger let out a sigh of relief once the footsteps went away. He opened the lid of the dumpster and let his hand slip away from Shinwoo’s mouth.

‘What the hell was that?! Do you know how many diseases I could have by now?! How many germs are in a trash can?! I could have died you know!’ Shinwoo ranted as he got himself out of the dumpster.

‘Let’s go home Jinyoung I have to take several showers’ Shinwoo added, brushing the scraps and rubbish from his clothes.

‘We aren’t going to question what just happened?’ Jinyoung asked, also jumping out of the dumpster.

‘What about finding my ufo detecting machine? We haven’t found it yet’ Baro complained ‘And I don’t have a way home, you need to drive me. It’s the least you can do after running over my foot with Jinyoung’s car’

‘And what about this kid? He looks like he needs clothes’ Jinyoung added.

Shinwoo tried to breathe calmly but he just ended up making an irritated sound and walking away from the three random strangers he barely knew. He just needed to wash himself!

‘Look, why don’t you and I go to the nearest food place and ask to use the bathroom?’ Jinyoung suggested ‘And Baro and the kid can stay here and look for the ufo deflecting machine…’

Detecting machine’ Baro corrected.

‘Detectering machine’ Jinyoung said ‘And then we can get food and bring it back here’

Shinwoo deliberated the idea; finding little flaws in Jinyoung’s plan, he agreed.

So the boy, who they learned was named Chansik, stayed and helped Baro look for his ufo detecting machine while the two older boys went to the pizza store across the street.

 

Shinwoo P.O.V

As they both entered the pizza store, Shinwoo made a mad dash straight for the bathroom. He ran his hands under the water, washing them with the anti-bacterial soap he takes with him everywhere. He washed his face, arms, feet, legs and everywhere else.

Once he was done and satisfied, he made his way to the door. On his way out, he almost bumped into an employee who sneezed without covering his nose.

Shinwoo stepped back, a look of disgust splattering over his face. He was covered in this other guy’s germs, from head to toe.

‘You should cover your mouth when you sneeze’ Shinwoo said, taking the bacteria wipes back out from his pocket.

‘Oh! Sorry, I didn’t see you there’ the shorter boy apologised, an oblivious smile on his face.

‘You should be more careful next time’ Shinwoo said ‘You can spread diseases by not using a tissue’

The other laughed nervously, rubbing the back of his neck.

Once Shinwoo had finished ridding himself of his germs he graciously left the room. He found Jinyoung, who already had a few boxes of pizza in his arms.

‘Come on, let’s go find Chansik and Baro’ Jinyoung said.

Shinwoo followed the other boy outside.

 

Junghwan P.O.V

Sandeul sneezed again as he flushed the toilet. He must have been getting a cold.

He ran his hands under the tap water, before stuffing his work uniform in his backpack. He was finally done for the night.

Rather than riding past Stephanie’s house like he used to every night after work, he was going to take the park route again. Sandeul felt like he was finally moving on, like his life was taking a turn in a new direction.

As he exited the building, approaching his bike, Sandeul noticed a group of boys sitting in the alley way across the road.

He couldn’t make out how many there were or what they looked like but he could hear them laughing together and arguing with each other. Sandeul longed for a friendship like that.

Sandeul considered putting on his new prescription glasses to get a better look, but he decided against it. He didn’t want to look like a nerd.

Junghwan didn’t want to seem desperate for friends, but he was so intrigued that he felt like going over there and introducing himself. As he grew closer to the group he could have sworn he recognized some of them.

As he squinted at them, one of them looked over towards him. Junghwan almost fell backwards when he realised the other boy's lack of clothing.

~~~

A/N I didn't know how to end the chapter so I just ended it kind of randomly. I don't quite remember where this was actually going so... yeah hahaha. Enjoy~