Chapter 2 - Obsession Guy

Solo Day

Shin Dongwoo clasped his palms together tightly, the nerves were finally beginning to kick in. He let his thigh bounce up and down approximately three times before letting out a long breath of air. He hadn’t met the girl he was about to have a date with before, in fact he has never actually met a girl whilst on a date before. Sure, he had met girls in his physics class, met girls in the line at supermarkets, met girls at family get-togethers but somehow Dongwoo, or Shinwoo as he prefers to go by, knew that this meeting was different. He couldn’t mess this up.

Shinwoo took one last moment to straighten the non-existent lose ends of his already perfectly combed hair and went on to move his cup and saucer, which sat in front of him, three inches to the left. Now everything was perfect and as it should be. Nothing could go wrong now in Shinwoo’s eyes.

“Shin Dongwoo, is it?” a calm tone said, breaking Shinwoo out from his own world.

“A-Ah, yes” Shinwoo said “But you can feel free to call me Shinwoo”

The girl smiled thoughtfully and sat at the table across from him, nudging the sugar spoon slightly out of place on accident.

Shinwoo tried to smile back at the girl, however it looked more like he was trying not to cry.

“So, I would like to know more about you. Wouldn’t you think?” the brunette started off.

“Well, I’m studying physics in college right now and I…” Shinwoo began to say before it became too much.

Shinwoo leant over the small table, coming into close proximity of the girl, however Shinwoo merely noticed. His concentration was focused on the spoon.

The girl closed her eyes softly, waiting for impact on her rose colored lips. Although, once the spoon was fixed back into place Shinwoo withdrew back to his seat looking satisfied with himself.

After a couple more seconds the girl opened her eyes, a confused expression sprawled upon her facial features.

“What?” Shinwoo asked uncomfortably once he noticed the girl’s confused expression.

“You’re asking me what? What is wrong with you?” the girl questioned, becoming frustrated with Shinwoo, her face turning an awful shade of red and pink.

“You should probably go and wash up your face, reapply some make-up and choose a calming tea to drink because your face is turning a redish color” Shinwoo pointed out helpfully, well he believed he was being helpful anyway.

The girl across from Shinwoo gasped and a distinct frown played upon her face.

“Have a nice brunch alone” she said spitefully, practically spitting out the words as she said them, before standing abruptly and storming out of the tea house, purposefully nudging the spoon on her way out.

Shinwoo’s eyes widened at this, leaning over as fast as he could to fix the tea spoon back into place. He felt a huge sense of relief once the utensil was back where it should have been and he smiled a little to himself.

He wasn’t sure why the girl got so frustrated and left. It was always like that for Shinwoo, he was always driving people away. He didn’t know why people never liked him, that’s just the way things worked out. But it didn’t bother Shinwoo that much because he knew he would mess things up, he always did. It’s just that some days Shinwoo wished things did work out. Sometimes he wished a girl would like him, some days he wished someone would like him enough to want to be his friend.

Shinwoo stayed behind at the tea house and ordered himself a tea and a cupcake, making sure not to spill any tea or drop any crumbs, before heading out to the car park to drive home. As he drove along his street and turned into his driveway, he noticed the house next door had an immaculate red sports car sitting in its garage. Shinwoo had always wanted to drive something like this, he believed it would suit him more than his small silver Honda.

It was then that Shinwoo realised someone actually did live in the house next to his. There were never any lights on and he never saw anybody come out of it. Shinwoo believed that was indicating the home was abandoned but clearly Shinwoo sees that was never the case.