Chapter 7 - Strange Meetings

Solo Day

Baro P.O.V.

Baro stuck out his tongue in concentration as he set up his ufo detecting machine on the sidewalk in the middle of the afternoon, he earned odd looks from passers-by. His readings indicated that this was the prime position to set up his new and improved ufo detecting machine and he was going to do it regardless of any onlookers.

After extending the antenna and flipping on the switch, the machine began to beep slowly, indicating no extra-terrestrial life at the moment. Drooping his head in defeat, Baro sat on the sidewalk beside his machine. Perhaps everybody had been right about him, he was just a geek who was way into aliens.

However, as Baro’s thoughts turned pitiful, the ufo detecting machine started to beep faster and faster. Baro jumped up from his seated position and he gasped.

‘It’s working! It’s really working!’ he exclaimed, earning himself a few more stares in his direction.

As the beeping slowed back down again Baro picked up the heavy machinery, trying to follow the ufo signal. He couldn’t believe he was directly under a hidden ufo!

He ran after the signal, unknowingly running straight onto the road in front of a car.

Sunwoo screamed in pain as the front wheel crushed one of his feet, screaming even more when his ufo detecting machine flew out of his hands, falling onto the road into a scrap heap.

‘My Baby!’ he called out, before losing consciousness.

 

Shinwoo P.O.V.

Shinwoo’s eyes widened as Jinyoung’s cool red sports car came to an abrupt hault, something thumping against the front of it.

‘What was that?’ Shinwoo gasped, gripping the steering wheel tight with widened eyes.

‘Uh.. I think it was a guy’ Jinyoung answered.

Shinwoo started hyperventilating, reaching for his asthma puffer.

‘Shouldn’t we uh… I don’t know, see if he’s okay?’ Jinyoung asked.

‘Y-Yes, you go do that and I’ll, um, ring the ambulance’ Shinwoo instructed while panicking.

Jinyoung just nodded and went outside the car, wincing as he noticed the guys messed up foot.

‘His foot is pretty messed up’ Jinyoung shouted back to Shinwoo who was still seated in the car.

 

Baro P.O.V.

Baro was confused when he woke up in unfamiliar surroundings. The entire room was white and he noticed two strangers seated in the corner. Had he finally been abducted by aliens?

‘You’re awake’ One of the so-called ‘aliens’ said.

Baro was glad the aliens knew how to speak Korean.

‘Sorry for running you over’ the other said, rubbing the back of his neck, a guilty expression on his face.

‘So when will you probe me?’ Baro asked, sitting up in the bed, wincing at the sudden immense pain in his foot.

‘Pardon?’ he questioned, giving Baro a perplexed look.

‘So you’re not aliens’ Baro concluded, a forlorn expression on his face.

‘Aliens?’ the other boy chimed in ‘I’ve watched all kinds of television shows with aliens in them’

Baro nodded ‘But they aren’t just fiction you can see on television, aliens are real'

‘Really?’ he asked, his eyes wide in shock.

The other boy shook his head ‘Don’t believe that nonsense Jinyoung, he is delusional’

‘I’m not delusional! I even have a ufo detecting machine to prove it!’ Baro argued, looking around for his most prized possession ‘Where is it?’

‘Where is what?’ the one named Jinyoung asked.

‘My ufo detecting machine! I was holding it when… I suddenly got hit by something?’ Baro answered, confused about the detail of events.

‘That heap of scrap metal? I disposed of it, of course. It was a hazard sitting out there on the road’ the mean one said.

Baro gasped, trying to get out of the bed.

‘I need to go and repair it! It’s the one lead I have to prove aliens exist!’ Baro panicked.

‘Woah, woah’ the one not named Jinyoung said, stopping Baro from standing up ‘We ran straight over your foot, you might not want to stand’

‘You ran over my foot? So that is what hit me? A car?’ Baro gasped.

 ‘I’m sorry and I don’t know how to begin to repay you’ the human wearing glasses apologised.

Baro thought for a moment.

‘You could start by getting me a wheelchair and taking me to wherever you dumped my precious ufo detecting machine’

Shinwoo gasped, how could somebody be so straight forward and rude?

Shinwoo looked to Jinyoung for help.

Jinyoung just shrugged ‘The dude just wants a wheelchair and a ride to fix his ufo deflecting machine’

Detecting machine’ Baro corrected.

Shinwoo gave an exasperated sigh, ‘Fine. My name is Shin Dongwoo, and I will take you to get your dumb machine’

‘Okay Dongwoo, I will call you Shinwoo though’ Baro decided.

‘W-What, how did you know my nickname was Shinwoo?’ Shinwoo questioned.

‘Do you believe in aliens now Shinwoo?’ Baro asked.

Shinwoo shook his head ‘No way, that’s nonsense’

‘Each to their own’ Baro said, ‘My name is Cha Sunwoo by the way, call me Baro though’

Shinwoo sighed, helping Baro into the wheelchair before the three of them quickly left through the fire exit of the hospital.

~~~

A/N So I haven't updated this (or anything) in a very long time. I hope this is good~ I really like this story so I didn't want to abandon it. Anyways, I have split this into two parts because it seemed a bit longer than my other chapters. EnjoY!!