Chapter 3 - Space Geek

Solo Day

Sunwoo knew they were out there. They all laughed at him, but he knew that in the end he would be the one laughing. Sunwoo, also known as Baro, chuckled to himself as he screwed in a loose screw on his ufo detecting machine.

The machine he was currently working on would be able to pick up detections of any unidentified flying objects passing through the Earth’s atmosphere. However, something was wrong with the machine. It wasn’t sending out radio waves to capture the signals. Baro was less than pleased but he knew if he kept at it for a couple of weeks it should be working in no time.

Baro thoughtfully tapped on the machine to the tune of an old time favourite song of his, thinking of ways in which he can improve his ufo detector. Maybe a bigger antenna to increase the signal? If he had a larger antenna, it would be much easier to send out frequent radio waves to capture the ufo’s movement.

At that moment the doorbell to Baro’s house rang and he made his way up the basement stairs towards the front door.

The doorbell rang again and Baro cringed slightly as he already stood directly in front of the door.

“I’m here, I’m here” Baro muttered to himself as he opened the front door to greet his unexpected visitor.

In front of the door stood a young man, slightly shorter than himself in a red loose-fitting shirt with a pizza box in his hand.

“Here is your pizza sir” he said in a rehearsed tone but with a genuine smile.

Baro scratched the back of his head with a look of confusion on his face.

“Pizza…” he mused “Oh, yeah pizza!”

Baro suddenly recollected the memory of ordering a pizza about half an hour ago, however his mind drifted away from that after he continued to work on his ufo detecting machine.

The man, still smiling from ear to ear, passed him the warm box of Supreme pizza.

“Enjoy your pizza!” the man said, adjusting his circular-rimmed glasses.

“Thanks” Baro said awkwardly, quickly closing the door on the overly nice boy and retreating back down to the basement, where he put aside the pizza and continued to fiddle around with his tools. The pizza could wait until later.