More than 14 hours to see you

Few stories about Lee Seung Hoon
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Story 2 : More than 14 hours to see you

Characters : Lisa (OC), Seung Hoon, Jinwoo, SeungYoon, Minho, Taehyun, Winner

 

 

I looked at my bank account, then sight.

 

If only I could get that job. If only i could get my next paycheck. Then it would be alright… almost.

 

I lost my job few weeks ago. I worked in a bank - it was really boring. But at least i had money. There was a restructuration and my job was abolished.

 

I applied to many different places in the last months, but most didn’t need me or didn’t call me. I had an interview at a place and it was interesting. The only problem was that they didn’t say much about the tasks. What I understood is that I would help few people getting around in New York. That’s okay. Quite easy. But still really weird. At that point I would accept anything at all. I have no money left and living in New York cost a lot of cash.

 

My name is Lisa. Well, it’s the short for Elizabeth but nobody call me that. I’m 28 and living alone in the city. I don’t have any family member that I could ask for help. They mostly live far away from me - far from the city.

 

It’s not the first time I have this kind of problem. Most of the time, I get lucky and find something at the last-minute. Hopefully, it will be like that too.

 

I’m in a park, near my apartment. It’s sunny but there is few clouds. I don’t think it will rain, but I’m unlucky. It will probably rain on my way back home.

 

My phone ring. I jumped.

 

I don’t know the number. Please let it be the job. Please. I need it. Please…

 

 

- Hello, this Lisa speaking.

- Yeah, Hi Ms. Donavan. My name is Geoffrey from HR department. I’m calling to let you know that the job was given to someone else. As I know how stressful waiting for a this call is, I thought it would be polite to speak with you over the phone about it.

- Oh..

 

 

I bitted my lips.

 

 

- Well thank you M. Geoffrey. Thanks for you time.

 

 

I hang up.

 

. I have no backup plan. What will I do? What will I eat ? How will I pay for my stuff ?
I put a hand on my head. I know I shouldn’t cry in public but seriously I don’t know what to do.
Few tears falls on my face.

Someone sit next to me. I try to calm down but I’m just not able to. The person doesn’t say anything - just stay there. After few minutes the tears stops but I still hide my face.

I probably have big red eyes.

 

- Are… Are you alright, miss?

 

The voice is young, yet mature. A man with a thick asian accent. I look at him. He seems tall and friendly. He have dark tired eyes and a cap on his head. He wears a green hoodie, jeans and nice shoes. He’s quite beautiful actually.

 

- I’m…

 

It’s common to say you are alright even if you aren’t. I mean, does he really cares if I’m OK or not? Of course not. He doesn’t know me. He’s just polite.

 

I sight.

 

- It’s okay to feel down. I’m having a hard day too, you know.

 

I looked at him. He’s smiling at me shyly.

 

I whisper, not sure if I want to talk about this or not.

 

- I just lost my last hope I had to get a job. I’m broke. I don’t know what to do. What about you?

- I…

 

He looks at the floor, not saying anything for a moment.

 

- Well, there is no good way of saying this.

 

I look at him, he seems really serious.

 

- I’m lost.

 

He smiles shyly at me.

 

- What? What do you mean?

- I mean… I don’t know where I am.

- You are in New-York… Near the 11st.

 

He laughs.

 

- I know where I am in New York.  It’s complicated. I should say I don’t know where I should be.

- Oh.

- You probably have notice that I’m not from here.

 

I smiled at him.

 

- I’m working with a company. It’s my dream job. I did everything I could to be there. But..

- But it didn’t work out?

- It works out pretty okay. But not as much as I was hoping for. And now I’m stuck.

 

We stayed silent for a moment.

 

- Why are you in NY?

- Oh, it’s work related. I had to do some things for the company.

- At least you got a job and you are travelling. Where are you from anyway?

- Me? I’m from Busan.

 

I look at him, not knowing where it is.

 

- And Busan is part of which country?

- South Korea. It’s on the south part of South Korea.

 

I didn’t knew much about the country. I just smiled at him.

 

- Gangnam style? Does that ring a bell?

- Er…. Was it that weird song from few years ago?

 

I danced something I remembered. He laughed.

 

- Yeah, that. Well that’s from my country. Actually PSY is working at my company.

- Oh. So you are working with a big company then.

 

He nodded.

 

- … They are not looking for someone, right?

 

He laughs.

 

- Maybe, but I don't really know you rnough to refer you.. But I could pay for your dinner tonight if you are interested.

 

I looked at him, then laugh.

 

- You are joking, right?

 

He seems serious.

 

- Why? It’s not okay if I ask you on a date?

- It’s just surprising. You are really straight forward, you know that? We don’t know each other.

- Yeah. I think if we want something, we should say it. Regrets are better than unfulfilled dreams. And it would be a great way to know you better.

- I could have a boyfriend.

- Then you would have say no. Now I know you don’t have any.

 

He smiled at me.

 

- Plus you are cute when you aren’t crying.

 

I rarely had knew people as go-ahead as him.

 

- So… Where would you like to eat? I’m in New-York since this morning. I don’t know much. I’m only here until Friday. Show me something interesting and delicious!

 

He jumped on his feet, then take my hand.

 

I slow him down.

 

- You are here until Friday only?

- Yeah.

- And you flirt with me?

- Yeah. So?

- You are planning on breaking my heart then.

 

He laughs.

 

- I didn’t planned it. Things happens.  If you still wanna chat after Friday, there is always Internet.

- You are horrible.

- That’s part of my charm. Come on, I’m hungry. Where should we go?

 

I bring him at small hamburger place. We spoke and enjoy each other company.

 

I didn’t learn much from him, but it was okay. I didn’t want to get attached as I know he would leave soon. It was more like a short time friendship.

 

- You were saying earlier that you were stuck at your job… Why do you say that?

 

He became serious quickly.

 

- It’s hard to explain. I mean… I thought with all the work I did in my life, that I would be.. Somewhere else. Something else.

- Something?

- Ash… I was hoping I would be more known. Instead people don’t notice me or they act like I’m someone new. I want to shout that i’m in the business since 2011. It’s been more than 5 years, yet… Yet not much.

 

I raised an eyebrow.

 

- What do you mean, known? Should I know you?

 

He laughs.

 

- I wish. But no. I’m not popular. We are not really popular. Not as we should be.

- You are more cute when you smile, you know that?

 

His cheeks turned red and quickly look at the floor.

 

- Don’t be like that, you were the straightforward one earlier. Can’t i be direct too?

- It’s… uncommon. Most people I frequent aren’t like that. They are mostly shy.

- Are you shy too?

- Not usually. But I act like a weirdo near woman.

- Mm.. so I’m not a woman then?

 

He laughs again, I smiled.

 

- It’s just different with you. Maybe it’s just because I know you for a full… 4 hours.

- It’s all gonna change after 5, you’ll see.

 

He was cute. I liked him. A little bit too much actually.

 

- In what field are you working the, if you want to be popular? A you a singer or something?

- Kinda, yeah. I’m a rapper. I’m in a band in my country with 4 other friends.

- Could I listen to some of your songs?

- Yeah, why not. I’ll show you tomorrow.

 

I raise an eyebrow.

 

- So, there is a tomorrow?

- If you want to. I enjoyed my evening with you.

- The night is young.

- I know, but I have to wake up at 4 AM tomorrow. It’s not a good idea to go to sleep so late. I have to work until around 4 PM then i’m off until midnight. My plane leave at 3AM so yeah… It’s when i’ll leave for home.

 

There was a silence.

 

- Do you need help to go to your hotel?

 

He looks at me, amused.

 

- I should be the one asking that. I’m the man.

- I’m the New-Yorker. I know my way around here.

- Mmm… Right. I’m actually few blocks away. But I would like to walk you home instead. Is that OK with you?

- Yeah, whatever.

 

We walked without saying much. In front of my door, he sighs.

 

- Could we exchange number or social media account or something? I would like to be able to speak with you again.

- Aren’t we supposed to see each other tomorrow?

- Yeah. But I still would like to have a way of reaching you.

- Phone number isn’t a good idea. Long distance calling and SMS cost a lot.

- … Do you have a Line account or Kakao account?

- What is that?

 

He quickly show me on my cell phone how to set up a Line account. He added me and send me a quick message “hi” to confirm everything was okay.

 

- Alright. So if there is anything or if you feel lonely, you can just say my name there and i’ll talk you back.

 

I laugh.

 

- Aren’t you too much? I’ve only known you for few hours. How can I miss you already..

- I’m like a plague. I spread quickly and before you know it, you have the Seung Hoon sickness.

 

He said that so seriously I had trouble keeping my face.

 

- Oh my god. What are you.

 

He quickly hugged me without notice. Before I could say anything, he spoke.

 

- I’m joking, I’ll be the one missing you. Sleep well tonight Lisa. I can’t wait to see you tomorrow.

 

And then he leaved me. I look at him walking down the street, without looking back.

 

I stayed there for few seconds then realise it was colder than I thought outside. I quickly got inside my apartment.

 

After a shower, i sat in front of my TV. I watched the news uninterested until i became too tired and needed to sleep.

 

 

The next morning I got a phone call from a number I didn’t know. I was surprised it wasn’t Seung Hoon.

 

- Hi ? Is This Lisa?

- Yes, hi. Who is it?

- My name is Jjangmae. You send up your résumé few months back for a job. I’m sorry it took so long to call you back about it - we had some issues.

 

My heart raced.

 

- No problem.

- So if you are still available, we could need your help for a photo shoot today. The model we planned can’t come today and the clock is ticking.

 

My face dropped.

 

- W-what?

- A photo shoot. You remember you send us your picture? It’s only for few pictures around New-York. We liked you face and we think it would fits pretty well with our artist.

 

I applied for that job as a joke honestly. I never thought I would get it. I don’t have a model’s face or anything… How could that be true?

 

- Oh… really?

- Are you available today?

 

I quickly thought. I was supposed to see Seung Hoon later tonight. Anyway I need money. I can’t say no­.

 

- Yes, I’ll be ready. W-where should I go? What shoul-

 

He quickly cut me.

 

- Just take a shower and please come at the corner of 6th and 11th. I’ll be waiting for you outside. Can you be here in less than 30 minutes?

- Yes. I’m… It won’t be long. Thanks for the opportunity.

- Just don’t be too late.

 

And he hung up.

I quickly ran in my shower, then put some make up. I put some jeans with a white T-Shirt. They’ll have clothes for me anyway I don’t need to wear anything special.

My phone rang again as I was leaving.

 

- Hi?

 

I was out of breath.

 

- Lisa, are you OK? You sound weird.

 

I recognized his voice. I smiled.

 

- Oh.. Seung Hoon! I’m okay. I’m just in a rush.

- Are you still available tonight?

- Yeah. Yeah I think so.

- You think so? You’ll let me down, don’t you?

- Don’t be like that. It just that I got a job for today and I don’t know when I’ll end it.

- Nice! I knew it would turns out okay for you.

 

While crossing a street, I almost got hit by a bike.  I notice it a little bit dangerous to speak with Seung Hoon while running outside.

 

- Listen.. I need to hang up. Let’s talk again another time, alright?

- Yeah. Have a nice day beautiful.

 

My face turned pink.

 

- Have a nice day too, Seung Hoon.

 

I quickly hung up and put my cellphone in my back pocket.

 

After few minutes I was in front of a massive chic hotel. An asian man came to me.

 

- Hi! Hello Lisa, I’m Jjangmae. We spoke earlier. You can call me Jjang if you want.

- Hi Jjang!

 

He smiled at me. He was short and seems really friendly.

 

- We don’t have much time but we need you to do photo shoot with a band in New-York. The previous model we booked is sick and can’t come today. It will be simple really. It’s a punk/rock theme but they are more cute and sweet. You’ll understand when you’ll see them.

 

My heart was racing. Oh my god. I would model for some photo shoot. What a crazy week-end.

 

Jjang show me the set of the photo shoot. It in the hotel, on the roof top. There, I met 4 gorgeous asian man. My heart stopped as I met them.

 

They were all so tall and attractive. Was I dreaming?

 

- Lisa, this is Minho.

 

A darker man with puppy eyes shake my hand. His voice was so low, so husky.

 

- Hi Lisa. Nice to meet you.

- This is Taehyun.

 

A man with blond long hair shake my hand too. He was more feminine, more soft.

 

- Nice to meet you Lisa.

- This is Seung Yoon, the leader of the band.

 

Oh my. That day would be hard.

Seung Yoon was really attractive too. He had wide pinks lips and had a lot of style.

 

- Nice to meet you, Lisa. Th

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter